View Poll Results: Who is the best College WR?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Justin Hunter, Tennessee

1 3.23%
  • Keenan Allen, Cal

10 32.26%
  • DeAndre Hopkins, Clemson

4 12.90%
  • Terrance Williams, Baylor

6 19.35%
  • Da'Rick Rogers, Tennessee Tech

2 6.45%
  • Tavon Austin, West Virginia

2 6.45%
  • Cordarrelle Patterson, Tennessee

2 6.45%
  • Robert Woods, USC

4 12.90%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Who do YOU think is the TOP College Wideout?

sosa39rams is online now Registered User

Who do YOU think is the TOP College Wideout?

Since I doubt we'll be able to dish out millions of dollars in FA to a guy like Dwayne Bowe or Mike Wallace, who do you think is the best WR in college? Who should we take? Who will be the best pro?

LETS GO!

THE DREAM TEAM

Re: Who do YOU think is the TOP College Wideout?

I think it really depends on what you want. If you're willing to sit there a year or two and wait for a guy like Patterson (really raw) or Hunter (health) develop, then they can be a real steal. But if you want immediate production I'd probably go the route of Allen, Hopkins, or Williams.

Potential steal is Rogers, who may slip to the 3rd due to some off the field issues.

THE DREAM TEAM

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Williams, followed by Hopkins and Allen.

citr92 is online now Registered User

robert woods
    even with an ankle injury, he can still dominate a game and catch anything that comes his way

incredibly underrated especially when imo, he deserved the biletnikoff last year

also, when your quarterback and coach get obsessed with marqise lee, it would hurt any receiver, it's the number one reason why he is going into the nfl, he was forgotten, idk why you could forget him but he was, shame, hope he ends up a ram

mcpeepants232003 is offline Registered User

Deandre Hopkins, would love to see us grab him with pick #22.
    sosa39rams likes this.

Me too. I went with Hopkins. Strong hands, good route runner, deep speed. Gotta love the combo. I think my next two would be Keenan Allen followed by Terrance Williams.

THE DREAM TEAM

a.p.quinn is offline Registered User

Why isn't Markus Wheaton on there?

Flippin' Ram is online now Registered User

Tavon Austin simply because he's a triple threat slot receiver/runningback/kick returner. That game against Oklahoma shows he has Percy Harvin potential, maybe even better, the kid's so damn elusive he could fool Troy Polamalu in his prime and he plays smart by avoiding big hits.

EDIT: Here's his beastly game
    Last edited by Flippin' Ram; -01-13-2013 at 04:05 AM.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

That game was painful to watch in person. Tavon was outstanding, but WVU just couldn't find a way to win. Talk about a long walk to the parking lot.

As for the original question, I guess Allen followed by Hopkins and Patterson for me at the moment. But at this point, no one is wrong because none of these guys are really standing out above the rest. Anyone could take that top spot with a good showing in offseason drills or by blowing up the Combine workouts.

I will say this - for as much as I've been a proponent of getting a legitimate go to #1 type WR for this offense, if the Rams can't retain Danny Amendola, it would be fun to watch Tavon Austin fly around in the slot.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I will say this - for as much as I've been a proponent of getting a legitimate go to #1 type WR for this offense, if the Rams can't retain Danny Amendola, it would be fun to watch Tavon Austin fly around in the slot.
    I think he is a real possibility even if the Rams resign Danny. Our ST need a playmaker and he would be perfect. Also Danny has not been able to stay healthy. I also think they could both be on the field at times. I'm also not sure the Rams will draft a linemen in the first, we need playmakers that can score points.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    I think he is a real possibility even if the Rams resign Danny.
    Maybe, but I'm not a huge fan of the idea.

If Danny's health is such a concern that you'd draft another slot receiver in the first round, then IMO he just shouldn't be brought back.

I mean, unless the Rams start running significantly more four receiver sets (which I'm really not convinced Fisher would do), then you're limiting both of their time on offense to some degree just by the nature of the scheme.

After all, there are only so many "slots" to go around, and while you could line one of them up outside, I think that also limits their efficiency to some degree.

If Danny is here, then I'd prefer the Rams focus on bolstering their personnel on the outside with a legit go-to #1 type receiver. If the Rams let Danny walk, then they've created another hole but also have given themselves more flexibility in the type of receiver they can pursue (unless they think someone already on the roster like Pettis can fill that role).

Rambos is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Maybe, but I'm not a huge fan of the idea.

If Danny's health is such a concern that you'd draft another slot receiver in the first round, then IMO he just shouldn't be brought back.

I mean, unless the Rams start running significantly more four receiver sets (which I'm really not convinced Fisher would do), then you're limiting both of their time on offense to some degree just by the nature of the scheme.

After all, there are only so many "slots" to go around, and while you could line one of them up outside, I think that also limits their efficiency to some degree.

If Danny is here, then I'd prefer the Rams focus on bolstering their personnel on the outside with a legit go-to #1 type receiver. If the Rams let Danny walk, then they've created another hole but also have given themselves more flexibility in the type of receiver they can pursue (unless they think someone already on the roster like Pettis can fill that role).
    Good points.

Fisher pays attention to ST, We saw how he faked punts, FG ect. He know the value in special teams. Austin could be the rookie that comes in day one and is productive because of his return abilities and just his abilities period. I think he could lead all rookie receivers in all purpose yards. I think we where 32 in KR yards and not much better in PR.

This is an area that we need to address at some point in the draft, maybe they can find that guy later in the draft.

You saw him in person so you would know best if he could be a difference maker.

mcpeepants232003 is offline Registered User

yeah if we resign Danny it makes no sense to sign Austin. Why would spend big money to keep Danny and sign a slot guy?

I agree Austin would be a difference maker on special teams but you don't pass on receivers more likely to make an impact for a guy better on special teams.

Either let Danny go and sign Austin or resign Danny and go a different direction. These seem more likely.

Flippin' Ram is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    Good points.

Fisher pays attention to ST, We saw how he faked punts, FG ect. He know the value in special teams. Austin could be the rookie that comes in day one and is productive because of his return abilities and just his abilities period. I think he could lead all rookie receivers in all purpose yards. I think we where 32 in KR yards and not much better in PR.

This is an area that we need to address at some point in the draft, maybe they can find that guy later in the draft.

You saw him in person so you would know best if he could be a difference maker.
    While I would love Tavon Austin to have a role in our offense, we'd better not waste a 1st or 2nd round pick strictly for him to return kicks. Kick returners are a dime a dozen and can be drafted with value for later rounds. Assuming we do draft him, I expect he'll play the Percy Harvin role (which is a mismatch nightmare for opposing defenses)

THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

I voted Hopkins, though I think Cordarelle Patterson is going to blow the roof off the combine with his measurables and athleticism and will be the first WR taken, probably before we pick...hes like a 6-3 percy harvin.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast