View Poll Results: Who do you want the Rams to take if we stay #1 Suh or Bradford?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bradford

15 24.59%
  • Suh

46 75.41%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RamsSB99 is offline Registered User

Who do you want the Rams to take if we stay #1 Suh or Bradford?

Less then 24 hours to go I wanted to see where the Clan stood on the Bradford vs. Suh debate just before the draft. Who do you want to see the Rams take at #1? Don't vote for who you think they want vote for who you want.

TekeRam is online now Registered User

Re: Who do you want the Rams to take if we stay #1 Suh or Bradford?

I heard on NFL network this morning that Suh's only been playing football since 10th grade and hasn't even reached his peak yet. Even if we got exactly what he did in college he'd be worth the top pick in the draft. He's a smart, dedicated, and once in a lifetime player. I don't care if he's as needed as a quarterback, you have to grab the top player in the draft, and Suh is that player.

McCoy will be there at 33.
    I believe!

#39 Fan is offline Registered User

been close for me all along, gone back n forth a few times (best player vs biggest need) -- I'd love to have either in Horns.

(voted Suh on the chance we would/could trade up to ensure C McCoy if necessary)

Interesting results thus far

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

I prefer Suh, but I won't be bummed with Bradford. Nervous, but not bummed.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by TekeRam View Post
    I heard on NFL network this morning that Suh's only been playing football since 10th grade and hasn't even reached his peak yet. Even if we got exactly what he did in college he'd be worth the top pick in the draft. He's a smart, dedicated, and once in a lifetime player. I don't care if he's as needed as a quarterback, you have to grab the top player in the draft, and Suh is that player.

McCoy will be there at 33.
    I agree with everything you said Teke, and I'll be jumping for joy if we take Suh. I'm fine with Bradford as the top pick, but there are still some things about him that give me cause for concern. With Suh, I have zero concerns.

Edit: Wow, I just looked at the poll numbers. Very interesting.

#39 Fan is offline Registered User

Thumbs up Re: Who do you want the Rams to take if we stay #1 Suh or Bradford?

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    I'm fine with Bradford as the top pick, but there are still some things about him that give me cause for concern. With Suh, I have zero concerns.

This is perfectly stated. Needed reading again.

thickandthin is offline Registered User

I do think Suh is the greater candidate, but Bradford is almost perfect for the WCO we run

SJacks039 is offline Registered User

I agree with Nick, but i would like to change nervous to, extremely, wana rip my hair out for the next 5 months - a year,(depending on how long it takes to figure out if we got a real ballplayer)nervous. I think he has more potential than the other qb's. So accurate in college and good deep balls. But i don't think he is as ready to play right now as clausen and i think clausen may not be spectacular, but i think he will be a quality nfl qb. But i guess this pick isn't even for next year, its for the future.

Also i've heard both ways that bradford would be great for our WCO, but then I hear that he wouldn't fit. I tend to go with the latter because he didn't play in it(i don't think correct me if im dumb) and he's said he doesn't know it. This is makes me nervous

I really hope we go the Suh, Colt Mccoy route. I believe it is the best way to fill some holes with our 1st two picks.

P.S. I;m guessing we didn't go after marshall or holmes because of "The pillars". Well if we were going to draft bradford and reciever is a need, why the hell didn't we get one of those guys?(preferably holmes because of the marshall contract situation)These guys were failry cheap. (Shoot i forgot boldin too)We have to have a little urgency right?

berg8309 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by SJacks039 View Post
    Also i've heard both ways that bradford would be great for our WCO, but then I hear that he wouldn't fit. I tend to go with the latter because he didn't play in it(i don't think correct me if im dumb) and he's said he doesn't know it. This is makes me nervous
    If you want to get technical, no QB has experience and knowledge in the WCO until they have played in it. It's projection based. They have to start somewhere in a WCO, guy don't walk into a locker room on their first day playing football with knowledge and experience of the system they will be in. WCO however shouldn't be incredibly hard to learn. Clausen is more ready now, but you shouldn't take a QB because they will be better in year 1 out of 10 if you don't think they will be better the other 9. It all depends on what the Rams think of the guys, but I wouldn't have any concerns about Bradford not knowing the Rams offense before he gets here, they will teach it to him.
    Last edited by berg8309; -04-22-2010 at 12:39 AM. Reason: My tired must be brain

SJacks039 is offline Registered User

Yea, good point. Im just not sure bradford can handle an nfl offense, but thats why i will still be excited if we get him. I believe in DeSpags and if they believe in this kid so do I.

swatter555 is offline Registered User

I would have been open to drafting Suh, but the Rams have done nothing to cover our most pressing need and most important position (QB ) either in a trade or FA. I think its a mistake to draft Suh at this point and simply hope for the best in later rounds when it comes to the QB.

The QB position, not the DT postion will dictate Rams success in the coming years. I would have loved to seen Suh in a Rams jersey, but not at the cost of sucking next year because our offense can't stay on the field for more than 3 plays.

Is Bradford our savior? I dont know, but I do prefer the logic of drafting him over Suh under the circumstances.

TheRammer Guest

Hands down the Suh/McCoy combo! you can't go wrong!

Alec22 is offline Registered User

wow very interesting results.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

I'm going to have to say Bradford, but it's close. As much as I endorse building through the lines, it still seems to me that this team is going nowhere until we have a new leader at the helm.

bigredman is offline Registered User

Neither. But if I had to it would be Suh. Bradford will reinjure that shoulder within his first two years and will be out of the league. Clausen is the better QB, but not with the number one pick. We need to trade down.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast