View Poll Results: Who's your choice for the Rams' first selection?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • Andre Smith, OT, Alabama

6 8.00%
  • Eugene Monroe, OT, Virginia

20 26.67%
  • Michael Crabtree, WR, Texas Tech

19 25.33%
  • Matthew Stafford, QB, Georgia

1 1.33%
  • Aaron Curry, LB, Wake Forest

14 18.67%
  • B.J. Raji, DT, Boston College

5 6.67%
  • Mark Sanchez, QB, USC

1 1.33%
  • Malcolm Jenkins, CB, Ohio State

0 0%
  • Michael Oher, OT, Ole Miss

5 6.67%
  • Someone else (who?)

4 5.33%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Who do you want in Round 1 (Late January Edition)

Let's gauge where Rams fans are. Who's your pick for the Rams' first selection?
    Last edited by AvengerRam; -01-27-2009 at 12:18 PM.

Weddle Guest

Re: Who do you want in Round 1 (Late January Edition)

Andre Smith. OT. Sorted!

Mooselini Guest

As of late, it appears as if Eugene Monroe is the better option that Andre Smith. Unless Smith blows people away in the combine and workouts at a tackle, I see Monroe being the better prospect at the position we need.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Brian Orakpo - DE Texas

lostsoul is offline Registered User

Rey Maualuga.

DistantRam Guest

Oher.

Unquestionably the best prospect in this draft: the fact that he doesn't care (according to some) yet still dominates shows just how capable this guy is.

SJacks039 Guest

I like Curry, Raji(true NT, and a damn beast), and Monroe. any of those wil do fine. I think Smith could be a beast but the kid has work to do and i would like him to be a big LT. We'll see how he does in the combine.

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

i voted Curry...2nd overall may be a little high ,but i dont get into those value charts bull..if he`s the right guy for the team then pick the player...im sure many might not admit it now but did think at the time last year when the Pats drafted Jerod Mayo that he was a reach..i know i did!

our LB corps are my biggest concern on the team...i agree that OT is a huge need and atleast 1 of the top 4 OT`s will make it in the NFL but i feel theres a strong chance that neither of them is LT material...if we want to get a beastly OG or a RT then we couldnt miss with atleast 3 of the 4..but they all seem to have question marks over them that have been "Red Flags" for me over the last few weeks and months.

to me only 3 players in this draft are what id class "un-bust-able"...Crabtree,Curry & Jenkins..if we cant trade down i say we pick either one of those and its a very good pick...Andre Smith i would have just outside the top 3 as although like i said earlier,i can see some Red flags about him playing at LT...i dont see them when i place him at OG or RT and i for one wouldnt grumble if he was drafted to play either one of those positions..even with the 2nd overall.

my draft board top 5 is...Curry,Crabtree,Jenkins,A.Smith,Orakpo

shower beers is offline Registered User

Monroe for now, but I base this on everyone's speculation. I can not yet make an informed decision.

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by DistantRam View Post
    Oher.

Unquestionably the best prospect in this draft: the fact that he doesn't care (according to some) yet still dominates shows just how capable this guy is.
    at the college level...

take a look at the NFL top 10 busts show,as just a little reminder how good someone can look in college then stink it up in the NFL.
    IF its true he doesnt care...which im not actually too sold on that notion..then it would be something that should mark him down when they taking everything into account in picking 2nd overall..its a bad idea to just think of his physical presence...ask any GM in the NFL except say Al Davis and theyll all tell you the same.

eric2810 is offline Registered User

As badly as I wanted to pick Monroe, I differed my choice to Aaron Curry. Before January came around I had already had been thinking to myself Tackle should be our highest priority. Now, I think players with Curry's caliber don't come around too often. Sure a MLB is rarely taken in the Top 5, but with that talent, there's a first for everything.

Although Monroe could be the next best Franchise tackle, I still believe we can bring in a starting Tackle with the 2nd or 3rd round choice. We should do another thread like this again, as players stock can drop or rise at anytime.

39thebeast is offline Registered User

I would have picked Monroe last time around if available

My top 5 is
    1. Monroe
    2. Crabtree
    3. Jason Smith
    4. Aaron Curry
    5. Andre Smith

djdeeznutz Guest

We just spend big money signing bulger and he singed for a pretty long time so lets start by eliminating Mark Sanchez and Matt stafford!

Tye hill is still signed for next year, Ron bartell did and awsome job and is probably going to get re-signed. So letz eliminate Jenkins.

People may disagree on me with this one but since we drafted a DL the last 2 years i dont want to see us draft another in the 1st round (2nd or 3rd is ok) So letz eliminate Raji and Okapa (whatever that guys name is)

Micheal Crabtree is a great athlete and would fit in well with the Rams because he would be the only big reciever. But the only reason i want him is so the Seahawks cant have him we have bigger wholes. So i hope we trade with oakland so they can get Crabtree and we will still be in the top 10. So letz eliminate crabtree for tha rams (not raiders lol)

That brings it down to a LB or an OT.

Aaron curry and Rey Maluga (i dun no how to spell) are great LB's and would flurish in Spag's system where they are going to have to blitz. If we trade down then i would chose one of these 2 LB's. Maluga only if curry is off the board.

If we stay at #2 however i'd say take an OT. Micheal Oher is a good OT but did not play in the senior bowl so i dont know if he can guard the best. Andre Smith is undersized but phat. He will be a terrific run blocker but he will struggle vs. speedy rushers in the pass. And if Bulger keeps geting hit we will be back here next year with the Rams picking in the top 10 agian. Eugene Monroe is my pick he is tall but not too fat and can always put on extra wieght cuz he is so tall. He will be a terrific run blocker and also a solid pass blocker.

SO IF WE STAY AT #2 I SAY GO FOR MONROE

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Top 5:
    1. Curry
    2. Oher
    3. Monroe
    4. Maualauga
    5. Crabtree

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Let's gauge where Rams fans are. Who's your pick for the Rams' first selection?
    A glance at the poll says we're all over the place...........exactly where we should be for late January.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast