View Poll Results: Who's your choice for the Rams' first selection?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • Andre Smith, OT, Alabama

6 8.00%
  • Eugene Monroe, OT, Virginia

20 26.67%
  • Michael Crabtree, WR, Texas Tech

19 25.33%
  • Matthew Stafford, QB, Georgia

1 1.33%
  • Aaron Curry, LB, Wake Forest

14 18.67%
  • B.J. Raji, DT, Boston College

5 6.67%
  • Mark Sanchez, QB, USC

1 1.33%
  • Malcolm Jenkins, CB, Ohio State

0 0%
  • Michael Oher, OT, Ole Miss

5 6.67%
  • Someone else (who?)

4 5.33%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Dominating D Guest

Re: Who do you want in Round 1 (Late January Edition)

Quote Originally Posted by richtree View Post
    why would you take a LB in round 1 ... it makes NO sense, and I will tell you why.

1. There are solid guys to take at this spot to sure up OL

2. There are a ton of LB's in free agency this offseason

3. What free ageny LB wouldn't want to play for Spags(i.e.Anontio Pierce)

4. There isn't much of a difference from LB 1 to LB 10 in this years draft (there is no clear LB that is better or worse than the bunch)

5. If we do take LB that leaves us not addressing OL/DL as a top priority

** now you can see that unless Ray Lewis, Lawerence Taylor, or some other super stud is available we go OL espically with the quality of guys available at the positon

go rams (I will be at 2009 Draft)
    Rich... get a grip. Curry is that kind of player. Who out of the top 5 OL is worth the 2nd overall pick? Monroe is the closet thing but he's no Pace at this point and time. Could he develop into a Hall of Famer... maybe 50/50 chance....

Dominating D Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Weddle View Post
    Well said.

This is my problem with Crabtree too. People are saying this and that about him, but he doesn't have the speed (or so it appears) and doesn't have the size that would make him a 'sure thing'. Andre Johnson is a SPECIMEN and Calvin Johnson is MEGATRON. These guys are not comparisons to Crabtree because they are huge physical beomoths and are lightning quick.

I think we can accept Larry Fitzgerald is a comparable guy when you talk physique, but can ANYONE compare to Fitzy!!??

Too many 'sure thing' WRs without the speed to separate and height/bulk to dominate end up being also-rans in the NFL as it is a tougher, faster game than college (obviously!)
    Please explain the following Wide Recievers success:

Issac Bruce
    Chad Johnson
    Jerry Rice
    Torry Holt
    Henry Ellard
    Wes Walker
    Steve Largent
    Bad Moon Rising

Must I go on cause I can do this all day...LOL

Speed and height are measurables but do not define a wide reciever. Better consider attitude, heart, and the desire to get the ball. This is what Crabtree has done on each and every Saturday and soon to be seen on SUNDAY's. Will it be the blue and gold???? Or will he be wearing the pansy colors from the North West???

Shan the Ram Man is offline Registered User

I wish people would keep saying how Great Crabtree is. I Hope Crabtree runs a 4.45 40 . I want someone to trade up and Grab him so the Seahags can't have him. Come on Oakland's A. Davis. Get Raiders 1st, 2nd & 4th or 5th picks. Only moving down 5 spots and get the OT we need. Still get one of the top 4 OT's.
    Maybe Get one of these guys with the rams 2 2nd round picks A. Mack (c), K. Britt (WR),P. Loadholt (OT), E. Britten (OT) or E. Hood (DT)

Dominating D Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Shan the Ram Man View Post
    I wish people would keep saying how Great Crabtree is. I Hope Crabtree runs a 4.45 40 . I want someone to trade up and Grab him so the Seahags can't have him. Come on Oakland's A. Davis. Get Raiders 1st, 2nd & 4th or 5th picks. Only moving down 5 spots and get the OT we need. Still get one of the top 4 OT's.
    Maybe Get one of these guys with the rams 2 2nd round picks A. Mack (c), K. Britt (WR),P. Loadholt (OT), E. Britten (OT) or E. Hood (DT)
    That works for me. Probably it will not happen but we can hope....

Hey "D"

Why can't the Rams trade down. The "Trade Value Chart" was Designed by Jimmy Johnson over 10 years ago. With no Rookie cap the "Trade Value Chart" is obsolete. With a rookie cap other teams would make a trade, until the NFL fixes this problem it will be awhile before the teams on the bottom in the NFL will benefit.The Rams can start change in the NFL by trading down to the 5th - 10th and pick up a 2nd & 3rd rd pick. That is well below the "Trade Value Chart" moving to just the 5th pick in draft. That would really help the RAMS with so many needs. The Rams can still pick up that stud OT that everyone wants.

DEFENCE BUILDS CHAMPIONSHIPS

Dominating D Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Shan the Ram Man View Post
    Hey "D"

Why can't the Rams trade down. The "Trade Value Chart" was Designed by Jimmy Johnson over 10 years ago. With no Rookie cap the "Trade Value Chart" is obsolete. With a rookie cap other teams would make a trade, until the NFL fixes this problem it will be awhile before the teams on the bottom in the NFL will benefit.The Rams can start change in the NFL by trading down to the 5th - 10th and pick up a 2nd & 3rd rd pick. That is well below the "Trade Value Chart" moving to just the 5th pick in draft. That would really help the RAMS with so many needs. The Rams can still pick up that stud OT that everyone wants.

DEFENCE BUILDS CHAMPIONSHIPS
    I like how you put some thought in this. However, the Rams are a struggling franchise.

How do you sell it to the fans that your struggling team is now taking less value but this will be good for a struggling team. I'm afraid it will look like the Rams are cheap once again and it will be the same ole Rams. This would not be a step in the right direction if your trying to sell tickets and present a new image .

The trade value chart maybe obsolete but it's still the standard and teams have and continue to use it in trade talks?

#39 Fan Guest

Thumbs up Re: Who do you want in Round 1 (Late January Edition)

As of right now, mine would look like this:

1a. Curry
    1b. Crabtree
    3. Monroe

Any of these three, I would be thrilled with. There are maybe a handful of other guys I would be happy with at the 2, but that's about it. Otherwise, trade out of the 2.

Curry/ Loadholt
    Crabtree / Loadholt
    Monroe / Mack
    Malauga / Mack

Go Rams

I would be happy with any of the four top OT's as long as we trade down to get one.
    The 6th Bengals or 7th Raiders pick & Take Oher.
    Lions 1st OT E. Monroe
    Bengals OT A. Smith Or Raiders OT A. Smith or Crabtree
    I think either Oher or J. Smith will still be available at 6 or 7.
    I hope A. Mack falls to us in the 2nd. I think he will be a franchise center his whole career.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345