unorthodox1999 is offline Registered User

who does Detroit take??..

Theres plenty of talk on who the Rams are going to, or should take with the No. 2 overall pick..But the consideration also has to be taken in as to who the Lions take with the 1st overall...Some say QB, some say they've already been talking to Curry..Who do you think they end up taking and how much will it effect the Rams choice?

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Re: who does Detroit take??..

Quote Originally Posted by unorthodox1999 View Post
    Theres plenty of talk on who the Rams are going to, or should take with the No. 2 overall pick..But the consideration also has to be taken in as to who the Lions take with the 1st overall...Some say QB, some say they've already been talking to Curry..Who do you think they end up taking and how much will it effect the Rams choice?
    I don't know who they're gonna take but one thing that I believe is for certain; they are NOT going to take a QB with the first pick. Therefore I think its going to be between Monroe and J. Smith for the first pick in the draft.

WHAT SAY YE?

Shan the Ram Man is offline Registered User

I think its going to be between Monroe and J. Smith for the first pick in the draft. The Rams will most likely take a OT also.
    With pace traded or a cap casualty to sure up some money for other players. The Rams o-line could look like this.
    L-OT Barron
    L-G Bell (hope he puts weight back on)
    C A. Mack 2nd rd or E. Wood in 3rd
    R-G Greco (Cogs is a resticted freeagent)
    R-OT J. Smith or E. Monroe
    I think that can sure up the line until they figure out what they're going to do with Barron next year. I know OT A. Boone has been sliding down draft boards for his stunts in CALI. but I wouldn't mind taking him in the 4th or 5th round. You never know he could end up better than Monroe and J. Smith.
    I read somewhere the Rams were the 3rd oldest team in the NFL. The Rams need to do something about that. All the old high priced players and only win 2 games. Time to clean house.

#39 Fan is offline Registered User

Honestly, I still think they end up with Stafford at #1. The Lions realize that they will never get a franchise QB to come to Detroit... They're going to have to draft one, or roll with Kitna/Cullpepper types indefinitely.

I'm not saying its what they should do, that its the wise choice, or even what the fans will want. But its the move I see their new coaching staff making at #1. They may go LT, but I think it will be at #20.

Get ready to hear/see alot of upset Lions fans after #1 comes off the board.

Matt Stafford, QB, UGA

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

I'm willing to bet their board is going to look very similar to ours. That's why I figure two of.....Curry/Monroe/Smith will be off the board by the time the Chiefs hit the clock.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Mooselini is offline Registered User

The Lions have two picks. I think they take Stafford at number one. With their second pick, they go with a DE or OL.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Devaney, if you care about this team... fire the offensive coordinator!!!!

jerseyramsfan is offline Registered User

If they keep the pick they have to go Stafford. No good FA QB in thier right mind would want to sign there. But I really think they will trade out and try for a extra pick or two...

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Who's going to trade up to the #1 spot? There's no dramatic #1 pick this year that would get someone to trade up. Crabtree? Hurt. OT? There's lots of em. DE? Nope. Stafford's a question mark and Curry's not at a typical #1 position. The Lions are stuck, and it's just a matter of whom they feel safest with giving that much money to. Our one hope is that they look at their quarterback position(Kitna, Culpepper, Stanton, Orlovsky) and realize that none of them can play worth a darn, and decide that Stafford is the best use of the pick. Otherwise, one of our guys is getting taken off the board.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Shan the Ram Man View Post
    I think its going to be between Monroe and J. Smith for the first pick in the draft. The Rams will most likely take a OT also.
    With pace traded or a cap casualty to sure up some money for other players. The Rams o-line could look like this.
    L-OT Barron
    L-G Bell (hope he puts weight back on)
    C A. Mack 2nd rd or E. Wood in 3rd
    R-G Greco (Cogs is a resticted freeagent)
    R-OT J. Smith or E. Monroe
    I think that can sure up the line until they figure out what they're going to do with Barron next year. I know OT A. Boone has been sliding down draft boards for his stunts in CALI. but I wouldn't mind taking him in the 4th or 5th round. You never know he could end up better than Monroe and J. Smith.
    I read somewhere the Rams were the 3rd oldest team in the NFL. The Rams need to do something about that. All the old high priced players and only win 2 games. Time to clean house.
    Uh..

Alex Barron can barely handle the right side of the line. What makes you think that he can consistenly protects Bulger's blind side?

If we indeed got Smith or Monroe, they should go on the left side, with Barron or his replacement on the right side.

As for who Detroit will be picking,

I think they have several choices.

1. Pick Stafford/Sanchez with first pick, and then Eben Britton with their second first round pick.

2. Pick Aaron Curry

3. Jason Smith. (I think that Smith is rated higher than Monroe at this point in time, but that could likely change)

txramsfan is offline Registered User

I don't see them gambling on a QB at #1. Not when there isn't a QB out there who is good enough for #1. I bet they take Curry,