throwback week

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    bruce4life is offline Registered User

who had the best draft in your opinions/??

I Would Have To Say The Vikings, Thoughts???

smizzhfx Guest

Re: who had the best draft in your opinions/??

Minnesota did have a good draft picking up Adrian Peterson and Sidney Rice which should give some real fire on offense. They had a good second day as well picking up Brian Robison and Rufus Alexander.

I think Carolina had one of the best drafts. Jon Beason, Dwayne Jarett, Ryan Kalil and Charles Johnson. Not to mention it appears they're going to hold on to Kris Jenkins.

smizzhfx Guest

Atlanta had a pretty good first day as well... Jamaal Anderson, Chris Houston, Justin Blalock.. all guys who had some first round grades. I think WR Laurent Robinson was a big reach though in the 3rd round.

Ram-Genious Guest

Cleveland had the best first round and overall draft in a long time.

Keenum is offline Registered User

I think Cleveland showed that they really are wanting to become a better football team by making the moves they did.

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

As much as it pains me to say it, I think the Fortuniners had an excellent draft. Two immediate starters in Willis and Staley and WR Jason Hill who ran a 4.32 forty at the combine. We'll have our hands full trying to stop them.

YOYO Guest

I also hate to say it but I think the ****** and Carolina had the best draft.
    I am starting to feel sick, I need a drink:x

RamOfDenmark Guest

Cleveland made a steal with Quinn, I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up a better NFL QB than Russell, and they got a franchise LT too, now that's a first round!

Carolina also had a very good overall draft. So either of those 2 teams could lay claim to the best draft right now I think.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

I would have to say that Cleveland, the Whiners and......gawd I hate saying this as much or more than the Whiners, the Raiders did extremely well for themselves if you include dumping Moss. :\

I think the NFC West will be a much improved division next year, by leaps and bounds. It will no longer be a battle between the Hawks and Rams. Both the Whiners and Cards are capable of better than .500 records, as will the Rams and Hawks. The Whiners are making all the right moves. I'm not sold on the Jackson deal, but it will be interesting.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

itsguud is offline Registered User

THe Browns or the Whiners definitly had the best drafts. With the Pats being the best overall this off-season.

I'd say the Rams ranked about 20th in overall draft selections. I wish we had made trades

bruce4life is offline Registered User

i just think the way the vikings picked up rufus alexander and aundre allison in the 5th round that has to be brought up... those guys were first day picks but somehow dropped to them... to go along with peterson, sydney rice, and marcus mcauley.. WOW

STLunatic Guest

Buffalo anyone?

I really liked Buffalo's draft, Marshawn Lynch was a bit of a reach at 12, but there starting runningback was Anthony Thomas. So they filled a HUGE need with that. And trading up for Puz, a guy they were considering taking at pick #12, how this guy fell this far is beyond me, he is going to be rookie of the year mark my words. Then picking up Trent Edwards to backup JP Losman, If JP gets hurt or starts to play like total crap they can stick this kid in there and expect decent results i really like that kid. They also had a nice 2nd day filling needs. Some of you may disagree with me, but Buffalo really had a phenomenal draft.

itsguud is offline Registered User

I agree with Buffalo having had a very nice draft. I had them rated at about 4th overall.

marccat Guest

We maybe did not have the best or worse draft but put in all our off season moves and I rate us in the top 5-10 easy!!

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

All in all, I'd say Carolina and Oakland probably had the best drafts. Every one of the Panthers' first day picks should strengthen the team and sooner rather than later. Gambling on Bush and Higgins could turn out very well for the Raiders.

The Browns obviously look pretty good, but you have to wonder if they won't live to regret trading off next year's first rounder for Brady Quinn. I want to say he's worth it, but time will tell.

Personally, I'm not that impressed by the *****' draft. Sure, Willis is a beast, and Staley was a good addition, but I'm not sure about the rest.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast