Judaxi is offline Registered User

Who is Jeff Otis?

I was looking at signings the Rams have been doing this offseason and I saw that we signed a 26 year old QB named Jeff Otis on March 16. I can find virtually no stats on this guy other than he is 6-1 210lbs, one a championship in NFL Europe, and was signed by the cardinals, then the raiders, then the cheifs, then the raiders again, and then the Rams. Does anyone know anything about him, and is there a chance he might be a decent QB in a year or two? I like the idea of having Bulger and maybe another veteran teach him the ropes, and maybe we don't have to waste a draft pick on a QB if he is the one. Wishful thinking...

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Who is Jeff Otis?

Quote Originally Posted by Judaxi View Post
    I was looking at signings the Rams have been doing this offseason and I saw that we signed a 26 year old QB named Jeff Otis on March 16. I can find virtually no stats on this guy other than he is 6-1 210lbs, one a championship in NFL Europe, and was signed by the cardinals, then the raiders, then the cheifs, then the raiders again, and then the Rams. Does anyone know anything about him, and is there a chance he might be a decent QB in a year or two? I like the idea of having Bulger and maybe another veteran teach him the ropes, and maybe we don't have to waste a draft pick on a QB if he is the one. Wishful thinking...
    You've just listed his entire resume. Other than he is a home-town boy, I don't know that there's anything more to add.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

codeman123 is offline Registered User

Make him bag groceries in the summer and then maybe if Bulger gets injured in week 1 we have our new Warner and a Superbowl.

KoaKoi is offline Registered User

He's camp fodder from what i've read.

I think tx said it best when he wrote, "Great signing. excellent depth"