general counsel is offline Registered User

who to pick if we get jenkins

if we get jenkins and still have the 13, how would you rank the following guys

okoye, branch (he would be off my list), anderson, carriker, hall, reevis.

i am assuming that willis and adams are gone. My cut tells me that okoye and carriker will also be gone and that our choices will come down to anderson (my choice), hall and reevis.

if okoye is still available, very very interesting choice as to whether you take him. Remember kennedy is in his walk year, glover isnt getting younger and wroten is unproven. even with jenkins, we arent in great long term shape at defensive tackle.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

smizzhfx Guest

Re: who to pick if we get jenkins

I'd have to go with Okoye, but I don't think there's any way he's going to be there at #13. My second choice would be Anderson, who looks like a good combination of pass rushing and run-stopping abilities. He is the kind of guy we need lining up opposite Leonard.

jkramsfan Guest

i agree with you guys,i still go D-Line even if we get jenkins, because we still need depth on that line also.

RamsFan16 Guest

I'd go Darrelle Revis, Great Cornerback with tremendous punt returning ability.

We need defensive line depth yes, but thats what the late rounds are. Early rounds are for drafting potential and hopeful starters.

RamsSB99 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    okoye, branch (he would be off my list), anderson, carriker, hall, reevis.
    I still think its DL but I would then be torn on what we need most DT or DE.

IMO Jenkins will help who ever else is lined up at the other DT position. Kennedy will have another year of weight training and experience behind him. It took Pickett a while to develop maybe with Jenkins playing beside him he could have his break out year. If its not Kennedy and its Glover I think he could be much improved also playing next to Jenkins. Wrotten is still a huge question mark he did not show anything in his rookie year. There are a lot of people that believe he could become a good DT and that he had first round potential last year but off the field issues caused him to drop.

IMO James Hall if he returns to form could be a good all around DE and I think Adeyanju is solid against the run but may not provide the pass rush we would like. Little could be done for after another 2 years and even if Hall returns to form and creates a two man recking crew at DE then we still will need a young pass rushing DE behind Hall and Little. Maybe Adeyanju we could wait and see over the next year if he can develop into a decent pass rusher who will be able to be our future pass rushing DE after Little and Hall. I do believe he will perform well against the run. He has a huge wing span.

With all that said it breaks down to this for me if we get Jenkins and Draft DL in the 1st round.

Little
    Jenkins
    Kennedy / Glover / Wrotten / Draft
    Hall / Adeyanju / Draft

IMO the best chance for a starter coming out of the draft would be at DT. IMO if Hall plays to his usual form it would be hard for a rookie to beat him out in his first year. However DE is a very important position and you want to be sure you have people that can apply pressure on the QB. In years 2 and 3 when Hall and Little get a few more years on them the DE that was drafted would IMO probably be more valuable then the DT that was drafted.

Can't go wrong as long as we go DL. However my coin flip says DE. So lets sack that QB.

Ask me tommorrow and I am sure I will be like John Kerry and flip/flop. I will say I voted for DE before I voted against it.

jkramsfan Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16 View Post
    I'd go Darrelle Revis, Great Cornerback with tremendous punt returning ability.

We need defensive line depth yes, but thats what the late rounds are. Early rounds are for drafting potential and hopeful starters.
    i don't mean to disagree with you or anything,you being a draft expert at age 17 and all,(just kidding)but by drafting d-line personal we are drafting with the thought of them being potential starters and what if one of these guys go down,is Revis going to jump in and play NT for us.Kennedy might very well be gone next year and Glover's social security kicks in at the end of the season,so we need d-line help.revis may be a great corner,but we need to stop the run and have a pass rush to be successful this season.
    Last edited by jkramsfan; -04-15-2007 at 08:46 PM.

RamsFan16 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jkramsfan View Post
    i don't mean to disagree with you or anything,you being a draft expert at age 17 and all,(just kidding)but by drafting d-line personal we are drafting with the thought of them being potential starters and what if one of these guys go down,is Revis going to jump in and play NT for us.Kennedy might very well be gone next year and Glover's social security kicks in at the end of the season,so we need d-line help.revis may be a great corner,but we need to stop the run and have a pass rush to be successful this season.
    If we get Jenkins we'll already have a run stopper, and with him assuming Willis and Okoye are gone why would we draft Branch who is a close to Kennedy and would play behind Jenkins?

Oh, and I'm no expert, there are plenty of more people on this board who are more knowledgeable on these topics, I just like to think I am.

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

I concur, GC.

My three guys at the moment are Aanderson, Carrriker and Okoye. The later two should be gone, which means my vote goes for Aanderson.

A
    Little
    Jenkins
    Glover (Wroten?)
    Aanderson

D-Line would do me just fine.

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by RamsSB99 View Post

Little
    Jenkins
    Kennedy / Glover / Wrotten / Draft
    Hall / Adeyanju / Draft

IMO the best chance for a starter coming out of the draft would be at DT.
    Chris Draft plays DE and DT?

Well...I suppose his Madden Ratings are in the High 80's....

Jks.

But here's where I disagree. Look at where you have great prospects at DT- It basically comes down to Okoye, who is young and has plenty of time to develop into a great player. That (and obviously his high skill level) is the reason why he's the No.1 slated DT.

You look at every other prospect and there are bigger concerns.\
    Branch? Motivation, Weight, Jimmy Kennedy
    Harrell? Injuries
    Tyler? Character concerns...

The list goes on.

That's not to say DE is a sure thing, I just like the chances better of striking gold....Or Blue and Gold.

general counsel is offline Registered User

jamaal anderson is ready to start and make an impact right now. Reevis is not a bad choice, i wont be really upset if the rams took him because the coaches liked him the best, better than anderson. That is a point on which i defer to the coaches. I will say that anderson is a very advanced guy, hall is coming off an injury and i dont see him being the kind of level player as an anderson. Hall was a nice pickup, especially given that we had absolutely NOTHING pass rush wise at the end position before that trade opposite leonard, but i am not counting on him long run, i believe that he is already 30.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

z.nrd Guest

Even if they got Jenkins, I would take them in this order:

Okoye
    Carriker
    Revis

All 3 bound to flourish in the NFL.

I have questions about all the others.

The most likely to be there would be Revis. And, I would not mind that one bit.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Even if they got Jenkins, I would take them in this order:

Okoye still hoping but he will be gone
    Willis Gone
    Carriker Gone
    Anderson