View Poll Results: Who should the Rams take at #33?

Voters
74. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jonathan Martin, OT, Stanford (11)

5 6.76%
  • Reuben Randle, WR, LSU (14)

36 48.65%
  • Kelechi Osemele, OT/OG, Iowa State (15)

1 1.35%
  • Zach Brown, OLB, North Carolina (16)

0 0%
  • Lamar Miller, RB, Miami (18)

0 0%
  • Coby Fleener, TE, Stanford (19)

3 4.05%
  • Cordy Glenn, OT/OG (20)

5 6.76%
  • Stephen Hill, WR, Georgia Tech (22)

19 25.68%
  • Lavonte David, OLB, Nebraska (25)

0 0%
  • Nick Toon, WR, Wisconsin (29)

0 0%
  • Mohamed Sanu, WR, Rutgers (30)

1 1.35%
  • Someone else (who?)

4 5.41%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Who should the Rams take at #33?

THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

Re: Who should the Rams take at #33?

I will be happy with Randle, Hill or Jenkins.

Now if we could get Randle or Hill @ 33 AND Jenkins @ 39...with a bonus two. A Christmas miracle for me

mcpeepants232003 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by THOLTFAN81 View Post
    I will be happy with Randle, Hill or Jenkins.

Now if we could get Randle or Hill @ 33 AND Jenkins @ 39...with a bonus two. A Christmas miracle for me
    Imagine if we got Hill at 33, Jenkins at 39, David at 45 and POlk at 66. Oh man I would be stoked.
    Sam_Brad_8 likes this.

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by mcpeepants232003 View Post
    Why do people want Upshaw? Do we not have Long and Quinn? I really don't understand taking another DE when we have so many other needs.
    For me it's about his versatility. He can play just about anywhere along the front seven depending on down and distance.

#39 Fan is offline Registered User

Thumbs up Re: Who should the Rams take at #33?

I'll probably catch some flak for this, but I wouldn't mind dealing the 33, moving back once more, and adding an additional 3rd or 4th.

If we stay, I'd have interest in Randle, Jeffrey, Fleener, and Lamar Miller.

At 39, Mike Adams, Jonathan Martin, Cordy Glenn, Silatolu, Konz, whoever we have rated highest still available.

At 45, I'd target an OLB, Jenkins/Boykin, or *gasp* another DT if one of the beasts slide. (Reyes, Thompson, Still, Worthy, Ta'Amu, etc)

I'd look at Sanu/Hilton/Childs/McNutt/Lamichael/Polk in the next round.
    Loving the talent available, and the number of selections we have on deck.
    Last edited by #39 Fan; -04-27-2012 at 03:41 AM.

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by mcpeepants232003 View Post
    Ashlon Jeffery does not have more potential than Stephen HIll and I'd argue he probably doesn't have more than Randle. Randle is faster, just as big, and has great hands as well. I just don't see what makes him have so much more potential.
    You do realize that I said "While Randle and Sanuhave solid talent..." I acknowledge Hill's ridiculously high potential ceiling as well, but great speed doesn't make good route runners. He's going to be a helluva project to work on, and what we need now is a WR who'll contribute immediately while he still has a chance to raise his talent floor to his potential ceiling.
    As for Randle, he has all the tools to be a great WR, he's an effective route runner and his only downside compared to Jeffery is how he reacts to the press. If he can still run routes effectively after the press, then he may end up with a better career than Jeffery.

Torry Holt is offline Registered User

I don't want Hill at all. If we could pick, Martin, Randle and Jenkins with our seconds I will be very happy.
    Rammed likes this.
    Si vous croyez en vous, que vous avez de la fierté, et que vous ne lâchez jamais, vous serez un gagnant.
    Le prix de la victoire est chère, mais la récompense en vaut la peine.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Voted Hill. Randle is right up there too, of course.

Hill and Randle... Interesting photo taken of RR, wouldn't you say?

--

Torry, I don't speak French but I'm a Spanish translator. If I may, your signature says (more or less)...

"If you believe in yourself, that you have pride, and that you will never let go, you shall be rewarded. The prize of victory is costly, but such cost is worth the effort."

So for 2012 the Rams will hand pick rookies with PRIDE!
    Last edited by RealRam; -04-27-2012 at 06:50 AM. Reason: Translation
    Nick, Tampa_Ram and RKDfan like this.

Sam_Brad_8 is offline Registered User

Cordy Glenn, Stephen Hill, Lamar Miller and I'd be very satisfied with day two as is but so many possibilities, almost impossible to go wrong. Let's go!
    “let the league know the Rams are planning to do something this year.”

poejoe8 is offline Registered User

I have a strong hunch on Hill just based on what I've seen on the field. He's raw, but I like what I've seen him do around the red zone & catch passes in the end zone over his shoulder. He & Sam can make some connections in that area along with stretching the field.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

My vote is Randle. He is, IMO, the best receiving prospect on the board right now.

Snead and Fisher said in yesterday's press conference that they're looking for guys who can step in and contribute now. To me, that favors Randle or even Jeffery much more over Hill.

I'm a big sushi fan so normally I'm fine with something that's pretty raw, but Hill's going to need a lot of work IMO.
    #39 Fan likes this.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

RebelYell is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by #39 Fan View Post
    I'll probably catch some flak for this, but I wouldn't mind dealing the 33, moving back once more, and adding an additional 3rd or 4th.
    I think it's very likely.
    #39 Fan likes this.

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    Randle at 33 and Cordy Glenn, OT at 39 followed by at 45 Lavonte David, OLB, Nebraska ....
    I don't know that Glenn last that long, maybe not David either, but THIS is exactly what I'm hoping for.

4 picks, 4 starters.

P.S. How odd would it be for our 3 second round picks to all have first names for their last name? Randle, Glenn, David.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

richtree is offline Registered User

Hill Randle and Sanu -- maybe we should grab 2 of them.....Marvin Jones is a steal too...I think he may be the pick #45

macrammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by fliptalianstallion View Post
    I'm one of the minorities here but I would consider Coby Fleener. Yeah I know, /eyeroll another TE in the 2nd round but I believe this guy has Jimmy Graham potential and with Fleener and Kendricks side by side, we'll create many mismatch opportunities on offense. Besides that, throwing to TEs and slot receivers are Sam's bread and butter.

Even then, I still think we'll find our receiver at #39 or #45 but I would play it safe with Lavonte David at #39 and take a look at Jeffery at #45. While Randle and Sanu have solid talent, Jeffery has a higher ceiling and I think Fisher's the guy who could motivate him to his maximum potential.
    I agree. Fleener will be an absolute stud as an NFL TE IMO. But, with so many needs, we will not go in that direction as the WR hole is just too big. But, keep your eye on Fleener.

Dr. Defense is offline Registered User

I was desperately hoping for us to have Cordy Glenn slide down to us, which he did. But after thinking about it I'm really confused about this pick. I'd love to see us get a mauling guard who can also play tackle. Jackson would love this pick and I'm pretty sure Sam would too.

But we still don't have a target for Sam to really throw to, and that was really problem #1 going into this draft. And unfortunately I don't think we can go without getting a WR based on the teams that pick between our 33 and 39 picks. So I have to go with hoping that we get Randle and that Glenn slides (which is practically impossible with Baltimore sitting at 35). Its a deep class at guard and because OL players have taken a slide, it places us in a really good position

And just to throw it out there as a wild card: We take Glenn at 33 and then assuming the next batch of WR's are taken before we get to our next pick we take the top available TE. I know what your all thinking but hear me out. We still get Sam a target and IF he pans out like the elite prospect he should be, its a game changer. Think of how Antonio Gates changed the Chargers. Also the ***** did a lot of double TE sets in combination with a great ground attack and that seemed to work out quite well for them. If Fisher puts together a defense that shuts down the opponent, then we don't need to win shoot-outs. Just have to score 2 touchdowns a game or so.
    Last edited by Dr. Defense; -04-27-2012 at 11:51 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast