View Poll Results: Who's the 3rd best WR in the draft?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Torrey Smith, Maryland

10 24.39%
  • Jonathan Baldwin, Pittsburgh

11 26.83%
  • Leonard Hankerson, Miami (FL)

12 29.27%
  • Greg Little, North Carolina

1 2.44%
  • Titus Young, Boise State

6 14.63%
  • Randall Cobb, Kentucky

1 2.44%
  • Jerrel Jernigan, Troy

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    39thebeast is offline Registered User

Re: Who is the third best WR in the draft?

Smith is going to run a fast 40 and he has more natural hands than Darrius Heyward Bey along with better stats so he'll be the 3rd guy drafted

BUT... Jon Baldwin is the 3rd best WR in this class Vincent Jackson Jr. and he has the knucklehead factor just like Jackson

RockinRam is offline Registered User

It's a close three-way battle between Smith, Hankerson and Baldwin. Out of the three, Baldwin has the best hands and measurables, Smith has the speed and quickness, and Hankerson has the "better than a possession receiver" look to him.

It's a tough call, but it might be Smith. Can't really come to a great conclusion before the Combine though.

Shan the Ram Man is offline Registered User

It's hard to answer this question, before the combine.
    The Rams are in need of a deep threat WR. That means SPEED & HEIGHT with good hands.
    I voted Torrey Smith WR/KR from Maryland. I've read he might run under 4.40 in the 40 at 6'1" ,205.
    I still Rams get Hankerson in the second round.

rayzorram is offline Registered User

I'm going for a longshot out of the gate with Vincent Brown out of San Diego State ( 5ft. 11" 184lbs. ). keep an eye on this kid because he has the sticky hands and cuts that reminds me of Steve Smith of the Panthers. HIs projection is the 3 or 4th rd. which allows us to address our OLB need 1st and still save $. His ranking is 12 out of 363 Wide Receivers.
    Last edited by rayzorram; -02-19-2011 at 02:22 AM.

PaRamFan85 is offline Registered User

We keep going after slot guys, thats the biggest thing that makes me not want us to draft Young. We already have Amendola and Gilyard, no need for a 3rd slot receiver. I like Baldwin, he is a big freakish guy, let bring him in and let McDaniels do his magic with him.

Quote Originally Posted by npow81 View Post
    Well I'm biased and have had the opportunity to see Titus the last four years a great deal.

And what I know, based on my somewhat limited knowledge of the other players in comparison to Titus is the following;

Titus is the fastest of those listed (I would be shocked if he posts above 4.35 at the combine, and am actually thinking he will post in the 4.2s)
    Titus is the probably the best route runner of the above(although I think Hankerson is also very solid in that category), and shows great fluidity in and out of his routes.

I do disagree with you though codeman, I think from watching the Rams of last year the one thing we need the most is playmakers that can deliver those 30+yard plays that can give us that extra 3-7 points to get us over the hump in some of the close games we lost last year. Quite simply for the most part nobody on the field had the explosion to deliver those plays (although Avery will be back this year), and Titus could provide that and hence be a good fit in St. Louis.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12