HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

Who wears the biggest mental Ram horns?

Marshall Faulk was the smartest RB to ever play the game.......maybe the smartest at any position to ever play the game. But with him gone, who now holds claim to the smartest player on the roster. And I'm not necessarily talking about Wonderlic scores (sorry Fitz and Bartell), but who has the best brain-stem for the game of football?

"Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

Re: Who wears the biggest mental Ram horns?

Well, from what I've read, Chavous is a very smart football guy. He was on ESPN's Draft show last year.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

RealRam is offline Registered User

My guess would be Marc Bulger, not only because he's QB but because he seems to be very smart, dedicated and experienced as a football player. One of those 'students of the game' as they are rightly called.

Biggest mental horns in our team, I believe. :r

Revelstoke is offline Registered User

Torry Holt? Another very smart football guy.
    "There's only one way to succeed in anything, and that is to give it everything. I do, and I demand that my players do."
    - Vince Lombardi

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

I think an argument could be made for Ike.....despite going to that diploma mill in West Tennessee.

tx wakes up in 5...4...3...2...1...
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

when i read this topic i thought it was going to be about who is the hardest hitter

for football brain il have to say Ike Bruce. you dont play this well for this long without knowing a thing or two about the sport

timsum1283 is offline Registered User

I'd say between Bruce and Holt right now

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Will Witherspoon.
    RamsFan16

keith m. klink Guest

this is a tough one , but with an odd answer , yes an argument can and will , and (absolutely should be made) for Bulger - extremely smart qb , catches on to all offenses quickly than others could . HOLT , and CHAVOUS , both student's of the game , knowing both offense and defense , equally well with knowledge and their analysis of the game . ( both players are usually on the draft day lineup as draftnic's and analysts .) but as for the new ram's brain , the one that will be looked for to give the answers , will be STEVEN JACKSON . very smart , not just football smart , but a grat student and very booksmart . it would only make sense that he use that knowledge and expand on what was given to him by MARSHALL FAULK and STEPHAN DAVIS. to take all that knowledge and teaching , and to not widen and apply that and become the next truely gifted student of the game would be a sin , and a total waste ,even with a great career , to let those teachings and knowledge be lost would be a sin . and would only be brought back to the game by MARSHALL as a coach , and some kid with snot running out of his nose busting his ass , as marshall did . so STEVEN , time to step up and make me a genious for bestowing this on you. KK.

RamsNation is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMMAN68 View Post
    Well, from what I've read, Chavous is a very smart football guy. He was on ESPN's Draft show last year.
    Yeah he was and as I recall he had Reggie McNeal from Texas A&M as his no. 1 QB over Young, Leinart, and Cutler and anyone else you wanna throw in there. Hate to bash any Ram but I do not want Chavous to be dubbed smartest Ram because of his Draft prospect analysis expertise. My vote goes to Bruce simply because he doesn't have the speed that a lot of guys have had yet he has consistently beaten them throughout his career.

laram0 is online now Superbowl MVP

Ummmmm ..... Alex Barron?

Marc Bulger for sure!

sprtsmac is offline Registered User

I would go with Bret Romberg. Center has to be one of the toughest positions to play both physically and mentally. You have to make all the calls on the line and who knows how many times that changes when the defense or offense audibles. This guy came out of no where last year and did a pretty good job. Good enough that all of us are thinking we could have a dominant line once again.
    Sprtsmac :football: