Jockelite is offline Registered User

Who will be the #1 Wide Out?

With Torry Holt at the door to leave, the Rams will need a good #1 WR. Could it be Donnie Avery . I think he is more of a slot. However a WR should be drafted again this year. I would say Crabtree but I am not calling the shots.
    Last edited by Jockelite; -03-08-2009 at 11:37 AM.

AbramAssassin is offline Registered User

Re: Who will be the #1 Wide Out?

looks like holt is gone yes, leaves us with a few recievers who have potential, very had an awesome yr for a rookie and burton has great hands and is a go to guy deep. having them at #1 and #2 is interesting, it may work wonders or it may be that we will be an average offensive team when throwing the ball if we decide against a guy like crabtree. if we go o-line and have a awesome unit up front then just watch steven jackson go, he gets 100yards per season behind a crappy o-line, imagine him behind a good one? omg he will tear it up and will also recieve alot of passes aswell. if we go o-line and make it solid expect jackson to be the MVP next season if he plays all 16games.

AbramAssassin is offline Registered User

1000yards per season lol

jerseyramsfan is offline Registered User

Donít worry about a number one. If you took a poll with most of the guys on this forum they would tell you we need a character guy like Toomer or Engram. Howís that feel? Avery and Burton wonít have a chance. You might as well get used to it. Jackson left, Jackson right, Jackson up the middle. At least till they beat the crap out of him. Iíll set an over under of 6 games before he gets hurt.

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

I can see our offense being a lot like the Eagles. Besides TO, they haven't really had a true "Number 1" in the past decade, yet the still consistently won. Granted they had a great D, but i think Spags will get our d more respectable.

S Jax is a bigger a better version of Brian Westbrook. Avery is a better Desean Jackson, and we all know Bennett is better than Kevin Curtis... oh wait, that didn't work out you say??? WELL...in that case Burton looks like a solid guy. Of course all we are missing is a QB who played high school ball in Illinois, but I suppose being on the Illinois/Indiana border will do, lets draft Curtis Painter! (sorry had to plug my guy, I really have no stats or reason to believe that he will be better than Bulger, he just played in the same conference as my high school so I have to give him love)

So I suppose what I'm trying to say is defense wins (NFC) championships, contrary to TO's beliefs, not a number 1 receiver.

tonyray05 is offline Registered User

We may not be the GSOT, IMO go Curry, OT and then WR. We can rebuild our line, solidifiy the defense, use McMichael and cast. Get a WR FA that can mentor these guys, we may surprize some folks this year.

eldfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by tonyray05 View Post
    We may not be the GSOT, IMO go Curry, OT and then WR. We can rebuild our line, solidifiy the defense, use McMichael and cast. Get a WR FA that can mentor these guys, we may surprize some folks this year.
    I would not have a problem with that order of picks or any other order of picks. We need allot and I donít think it matters where we go first.
    :ramlogo:

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

With or without Holt, Avery is the #1. However, with the "Philly Coast Offense", the #1 receiver is a quasi-#1 anyway. They've had 10 different receiving leaders in the last 12 years. We've had only Holt this entire decade.

The times.......they are a'changin'.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

jerseyramsfan is offline Registered User

Please don't go with that Philly Coast crap. The fans around here have been begging for a number one ever since TO. It was so bad they even were calling Curtis thier number one. Donovan wants to wait and see if they can add a #1 before he even signs an extension. He too knows he can't get it done without one....

serkicker32 is offline Registered User

I believe that with the amount of youth that we have in our receiver corps that we really nead a vet receiver. With the west coast offence I would like us to take a run at either D J Hackett, Bobby Engram or Amani Toomer.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

First of all, I don't see Avery as a slot receiver. I see him as a wideout.

Whether he is a #1... that remains to be seen. I do think that the Rams need more depth at the WR spot, and that depth needs to include another starting-caliber WR.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by jerseyramsfan View Post
    Please don't go with that Philly Coast crap. The fans around here have been begging for a number one ever since TO. It was so bad they even were calling Curtis thier number one. Donovan wants to wait and see if they can add a #1 before he even signs an extension. He too knows he can't get it done without one....
    And yet the Eagles 3 seasons since Owens left have been their 3 most offensive productive in over a decade. Hmm, well, I guess Eagles fans were never known for their smarts, were they?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

RebelYell is offline Registered User

Philadelphia fans throw batteries at players, boo Santa Claus and are generally considered the worst fans in any sport. We should always look to them for guidance.