throwback week

View Poll Results: Who will the Rams select in the first round?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jammal Brown, OT, Oklahoma

11 39.29%
  • Carlos Rogers, CB, Auburn

4 14.29%
  • Darryl Blackstock, OLB, Virginia

0 0%
  • Khalif Barnes, OT, Washington

5 17.86%
  • Thomas Davis, S, Georgia

5 17.86%
  • David Pollack, DE, Georgia

1 3.57%
  • Shaun Cody, DE, USC

1 3.57%
  • David Baas, OG, Michigan

0 0%
  • Kevin Burnett, OLB, Tennessee

0 0%
  • Brodney Pool, S, Oklahoma

1 3.57%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Re: Who will the Rams select in the First Round?

I'm really on the fence in terms of this debate. At #19, we almost have a perfect shot at Pool, who probably won't make it past both Green Bay and Atlanta, both in need of free safety upgrades.

There's no guarantee that Bullocks will slip to the Rams in round two, though I think there's a decent shot of that happening - Green Bay, San Diego, and Atlanta are the only three teams I can think of that need an immediate upgrade at FS (I don't list San Fran because I hear Rumph is moving to safety). If any one of those three teams takes Pool in round one, I doubt the others use a first round pick on Bullocks, and all three pick behind us in round two. Barring a trade, I think we have a legit shot at Bullocks in the second round, unless another team comes out of no where and takes him.

I think at this point, we've got to go Brown in round one, and if he isn't there, go Pool and then OT in the second round.

Or, to think about a broader picture, we could go Pool in round one and something else in round two, hope Tercero can play RT for 2005 while Saipaia and Turner battle it out for LG, and then draft a tackle in round one of 2006 when there will be more top-end depth at the position.

ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

ramhard is offline Registered User

A bird in the hand

Like a lot of things in life, a bird in the hand is worth a lot. If one of the top corners falls to #19 then you take him. If the top corners are gone then you go OT. Now I know the OT depth is supposed to be great next year, but if the Rams think either Brown or Barnes are good enough to be starters as rookies then I think you have to pull the trigger. The Rams need a solid line and hoping for another year is dangerous. Plus you never know, all those heralded OT's might turn out not to be so great (at the beginning of the year Jammal Brown was supposed to be a top 10 pick, now some people view him as a marginal 1st). You never know. If an OT is there I don't think you reach at safety.
    Last edited by ramhard; -03-28-2005 at 10:22 PM. Reason: add

Ratt10 Guest

Re: Who will the Rams select in the First Round?

The Rams definetly need to pick jammal Brown as there first pick to
    beef up the front line. If not, bulger can expect to be looking up at the sky
    as much as he did last year. :ramlogo:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12