throwback week

Canadian Rams Fan is offline Registered User

Who will we pick in the second round

I think that we mostly all agree that we are going O.T in the first round. Well who do you guys think we will draft in the second round or what possition. I mean we have needs at L.B, D.T, T.E, R.B, F.B and even W.R what position do you guys think we will address here. Assuming that we sign James Butler and will not be needing a Strong Safety.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Who will we pick in the second round

If we go OT in the first round as your post's premise is based on, here are some guys at other positions that I think we should keep an eye on for the second round. Whether they actually end up available there is unknown, but I think there's a decent chance any of them could be...

LB: MLB James Laurinaitis, OLB Clint Sintim
    DT: NT Ron Brace, DT Evander Hood
    WR: Hakeem Nicks, Kenny Britt, Brian Robiskie

The Rams likely will not use a second round pick at TE, RB, or FB. Unless the value is off the charts, which I doubt it will be, the need there doesn't match the resources you'd spend addressing it.

I think CB is another possibility in the second round. Alphonso Smith, D.J. Moore, Darius Butler, and Sean Smith are possibilities. Safety is another option, especially if the Rams don't sign Butler or don't think they can work something out long-term with Atogwe. Keep an eye on Louis Delmas, William Moore, Patrick Chung, and Rashad Johnson.

Canadian Rams Fan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    If we go OT in the first round as your post's premise is based on, here are some guys at other positions that I think we should keep an eye on for the second round. Whether they actually end up available there is unknown, but I think there's a decent chance any of them could be...

LB: MLB James Laurinaitis, OLB Clint Sintim
    DT: NT Ron Brace, DT Evander Hood
    WR: Hakeem Nicks, Kenny Britt, Brian Robiskie

The Rams likely will not use a second round pick at TE, RB, or FB. Unless the value is off the charts, which I doubt it will be, the need there doesn't match the resources you'd spend addressing it.

I think CB is another possibility in the second round. Alphonso Smith, D.J. Moore, Darius Butler, and Sean Smith are possibilities. Safety is another option, especially if the Rams don't sign Butler or don't think they can work something out long-term with Atogwe. Keep an eye on Louis Delmas, William Moore, Patrick Chung, and Rashad Johnson.
    Thanks for the reply I totally agree that F.B in the second round is way too high of a pick I want to see what others think. I would totally love to land James Laurainaitis in the second round do you think he will fall to the second round. I think that any of those picks would be awesome, but really another C.B in the second round dont you think this is overkill. I think I personnally think that the Rams will sign a wide receiver in F.A a veteran to bring some leadership and that we will draft on the defensive side of the ball such as a L.B or D.T.

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian Rams Fan View Post
    I think that we mostly all agree that we are going O.T in the first round.
    I don't agree with that. I'm thinking were going LB in Curry. So my preference in the second is either an o tackle or another LB if Laurenitis is there and Beatty isn't. Of course Curry may be gone by #2, so that totally changes everything. Then I'd go OT 1st and LB or DT 2nd.

Basically its pretty hard to predict even the second round pick because there are so many factors hat play into. Though I agree that it will definitely fill one of our numerous needs. Hooray for the draft!

jerseyramsfan is offline Registered User

You want the steal of the second round. Assuming we go OT in the first. Here you Go... Michael Johnson DE Georgia Tech.... At one time he was talked about being taken in the first few picks... The following quote came from Walter Football.com...

The knock on Michael Johnson is that his production hasn't matched his skill level and that he tends to take plays off. While it's true that Johnson never even cracked the starting lineup until his senior year, he made the most of his final season at Georgia Tech, registering 17.5 TFL and nine sacks.

A tendency to take plays off may set off a red flag with some fans, but NFL coaches tend to be cocky and slightly arrogant. I guarantee most of them believe they can turn Johnson around.

One coach, Jon Gruden, called Johnson a "Julius Peppers clone" during the 2009 NFL Scouting Combine. I think that sort of upside is way too difficult to pass up at the bottom of the first round.

jackson3909 is offline Registered User

if laurenitis isn't there and he probly wont be, then i think we should get kenny britt or ron brace

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Well it all depends on who we pick in the first round.

If we picked Aaron Curry or Crabtree in the first, I would like:

Troy Kropog, Fenuki Tupou, or Phil Loadholt.

If we picked Jason Smith or Eugene Monroe in the first, I would like:

Kenny Brit, Hakeem Nicks, Clay Matthews, Clint Sintim, Duke Robinson, or Patrick Chung.

rammiser is offline Registered User

If somehow we keep Pace I want the draft to go Curry at 1 and Hakeem Nicks at 2. Hopefully Nicks falls to us in the second I really like that guy.
    Just Fix It

tonyray05 Guest

I like Brace or Laurntitus as our 2nd major holes to fill up.

lostsoul is offline Registered User

Patrick Chung most definately. He is a huge upgrade over Chavous on the field

Warner4prez Guest

I think Miami might be crazy and stretch to take Brace with their first round pick, or maybe we can get lucky and they'll offer to take that 2nd rounder off our hands and take him then.
    Either way in the 2nd I'd love to see Loadholt come to the Rams, if you want to talk about a guy that will anchor a line, that's the dude.