CRAZYHORNS is offline Registered User

Question Who would you take

If you could pick any player in this years draft who would you pick.

Ignore all needs and/or current Ram starters

For example, why pick Matt or Vince when you have Bulger in his prime.

Support why you selected this player?

Do you think he will be a super star?
    Do you think he will be the next ??????
    Or will he bring charater and leadership to the team

Drew4EverRams is offline Registered User

Re: Who would you take

bush,ferguson,super mario and hawk are four players you could build a franchise around!
    i think QB`s are more prone to be busts than any other position,for various reasons but QB`S rely heavily on having a good O-line to protect then and for the rest of the O to catch their throws!

sure bush will benefit from having good lanes opened up by the O-line but he can also find a way to find his own way to the endzone!

ferguson-can keep opposing DE`s away from his QB regardless of what that QB does with the ball as long as hes not sacked ferguson will have done his job!

super mario williams-well im just praying we dont have to face this guy on a regular basis or in big games as he`s scary,altho i would say the rams are probably one of the best adapted to cope with him due to our OT bookends(prays again that neither pace or barron are injured when we face him-or we better give bulger a day off!)

hawk-all round great linebacker,theres been a few good ones come out of the drafts in recent years but i think hawk tops them prior to where they were prior to draft!

sorry dude might not be what ya was looking for but my excuse is my glandular fever is making me incoherent!

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

I like just about everything about D'Brickashaw. He has been compared to Walter Jones, and I think he has the potential to be that kind of player. He has the technique, he has the strength, he dominated in college, he dominated at the Senior Bowl. Nitpickers said he wasn't big enough then, and he came into the Combine 14 pounds heavier and half an inch taller! He doesn't have that nastiness some people like in a lineman; instead he brings a very professional attitude, and I like that. I'd say he and Reggie Bush are the only two players absolutely guaranteed to go in the top 5. If I'm building a team, I absolutely want this guy on it.

As for Bush, I actually probably wouldn't take him. If my team was in position to take him (i.e. we had the first pick overall), I'd probably try to trade down a few spots. He is an incredible talent, but he might not even be an every down back. It's not that I don't like him, but I think other teams like him enough more than I do to that a deal could be made.

I think Mario Williams will excel wherever he goes. He has a great combination of speed, strength, and size. Some say he isn't a finished product and needs to work on technique; I read that and think "okay, he is already this impressive and he has plenty of room to improve." He had 13 sacks and 23.5 tackles for loss last season.

The thing you have to love about a really good linebacker is that they seem to be in on every play. Enter A.J. Hawk. He's fast, he sheds blocks, he drops into coverage, he's good in traffic, he has good intangibles, he plays at a high level of energy every play of the game, and he is a practicioner of the ancient art of wrap-up tackling. He is one of the only players, I'd really like to see us move up to get. I don't think there's a defense in the league that wouldn't be better with him on it.

Then there's Vernon Davis. Faster than a speeding safety, more powerful than the average linebacker, able to leap small corners in a single bound! Look, up in the sky...It's a touchdown! Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating, but this guy makes incredible plays on the field and then makes everybody look bad in workouts. Did I mention he has great hands. It would be nice if he were a couple of inches taller, and he hasn't been the greatest blocker, but people said his technique actually looked pretty good at the Combine and he has the strength to be effective. He's a phenomenal athlete that has the potential to be one of the best players, if not the best, at his position in the near future.

serkicker32 is offline Registered User

Defense first... so I would take Mario, d-line is the most important position on the field IMO

rampete is offline Registered User

reggie bush...followed by, deangelo williams...

bush is an phenomenal runner with vision and cat-like reflects...plus, he's got a good head on his shoulder without any major baggage...i think he's the marshall faulk of this decade...

d. williams is not bush, but he's got the vision, incredible balance to break tackles and surprising speed and quickness. he's a character guy who'll win over his teammates with his work ethics...i think he may be another emmitt smith...

RamJackson39 is offline Registered User

Reggie Bush easily. He is the best player in this draft by far.

He has the strength to be an every down back, he has the speed to shred defenses, and he has the moves and vision of Faulk in his prime. There's not another player in the draft like him.

Bush is going to get better and he's already better than Faulk was coming out of college. I think he's going to be an everydown back when he enters the NFL. He's stronger than given credit for and he hasnt had any injury problems.

Bush would instantly improve any team.
    The Roman and The Prince. Playmakers until the end.

CRAZYHORNS is offline Registered User

I have to go with R. Bush.

I think he's going to be the next M. Faulk. Plays with the passion and shows leadership qualities like Marshall has.

Not to mention the guy can play a little on SPecial Teams.......