Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    39thebeast is offline Registered User

Who ya got Demaryius Thomas vs. Jermaine Gresham

Rams need some offensive weapons on the outside. IMO Thomas and Gresham could be the 2 best available playmakers. Both are top 3 at their position. Both would fill huge wholes on the roster.

Demaryius Thomas, WR, Georgia Tech.
    Positives: Huge frame, big strong hands, almost unbeatable in jump ball situations, great after the catch, good blocker, huge upside
    Negatives: Extremely raw route runner, top end speed?
    NFL Player Comparison: Brandon Marshall minus the character concerns

Jermaine Gresham, TE, Oklahoma
    Positives: Great size, excellent red zone threat, great after the catch, extremely productive, good route runner, huge upside
    Negatives: Durability, Blocking, shakey hands at times.
    NFL Player Comparison: Jeremy Shockey when he was good

Who ya got pick 33 if both were available?

CanadianRamsFan is offline Registered User

Re: Who ya got Demaryius Thomas vs. Jermaine Gresham

Going to have to say Gresham, we need a more reliable TE. Also he will already have a relationship with Bradford. That said, i wouldn't complain about either of them if we picked them up in the second.

01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User

Depends on if we draft Bradford, if we draft him then get gresham due to the past relationship and chemistry they have. If we draft Suh then I wouldnt draft either of them, I would wait until the third and grab Graham from Miami.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Thomas.

I don't like Gresham's injury history. Thomas has HUGE upside.

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

it would be a tough call..i`d be delighted with either one..i think id go Thomas.
    then possibly try and trade for another second rounder and pick up Gronkowski by using our 3rd and a high pick next year,say a 3rd rounder to trade back in to get him ( i dunno what exactly it would take)...if theres the F.A pool thats expected next year we can afford to be more active there than in the draft or try and trade down our 1st pick next year to boost our picks back up if theres no major additions from next years FA.
    then with the rest of this years draft go D and a RT.(DE-4th rounder,OLB -5th,RT-5th..D-line and Olb` 6th and both 7th` s)

imagine what impact Bradford,Thomas & Gronkowski would have on our O when added to Jax and our improving line....our D wouldnt be upgraded much but with a much better O we could get away with it for 1 year..then upgrade it seriously next off-season.
    Last edited by Ramblin` Ram; -03-19-2010 at 10:25 PM.

rams_man13 is offline Registered User

Thomas is my #2 WR in the draft.

thickandthin is offline Registered User

I'd go Gresham

RockinRam is offline Registered User

It's a really, really tough call.

But, I think I might go with Thomas.

Then get Jimmy Graham in the 3rd or 4th.

dave626 is offline Registered User
    Blog Entries

If we draft Bradford then I hope we go TE in the 2nd, but I dont know how serious Greshams' injury was last year.

I like the WR tho, he has great size.
    Last edited by dave626; -03-19-2010 at 11:43 PM. Reason: add

39thebeast is offline Registered User

WR is a premier position in the league. TE is slowly catching up, but isn't close yet. You need 2 good WRs to win and that's the minimum. Teams like the Colts, Vikings, and Saints have at least 3 on top of having a good TE.

I like Thomas he really needs some serious coaching up in the route running department, but if he can do that he will be a great number 1 target in this league.

One reason I would consider Gresham over Thomas is next years potentially stacked WR class. I don't like looking ahead but there could be some serious talent coming out at WR Michael Floyd of Notre Dame, AJ Greene of Georgia, Julio Jones of Alabama, and Johnathan Baldwin of Pitt. All are potential numbeer 1 receivers with excellent size. You never know what happens, but Gresham could be the number 1 as a TE this year and bring in one of those dynamic talents next year.
    Last edited by 39thebeast; -03-20-2010 at 12:52 AM.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

I would lean Gresham, given our larger need at tight end and the fact that he likely carries a higher grade. But I would be happy with Thomas, too, as I like his potential at the next level.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by 39thebeast View Post
    WR is a premier position in the league. TE is slowly catching up, but isn't close yet. You need 2 good WRs to win and that's the minimum. Teams like the Colts, Vikings, and Saints have at least 3 on top of having a good TE.

I like Thomas he really needs some serious coaching up in the route running department, but if he can do that he will be a great number 1 target in this league.

One reason I would consider Gresham over Thomas is next years potentially stacked WR class. I don't like looking ahead but there could be some serious talent coming out at WR Michael Floyd of Notre Dame, AJ Greene of Georgia, Julio Jones of Alabama, and Johnathan Baldwin of Pitt. All are potential numbeer 1 receivers with excellent size. You never know what happens, but Gresham could be the number 1 as a TE this year and bring in one of those dynamic talents next year.

Yeah, that's what I'm looking forward to. Johnathan Baldwin is a wrecking ball, but he's been overshadowed by the dynamic trio.

Out of all of them, I prefer A.J Green.

We could get Demaryius Thomas and Jimmy Graham this year, and pick up one of them next year.

Holy cow our offense would be set...

RamsSB99 is offline Registered User

I like Gresham, his ceiling could be a top TE in the league while Thomas could be a productive receiver but I don't see his ceiling as high. I had another post proposing trading down and taking Bryant the #1 WR in the Draft and picking up Lefevour with the second rounder we would obtain. It was not very popular but it would be something if we did that and got Gresham in the second. Are first two rounds would produce the #1 WR and #1 TE in the draft along with Lefevour who has the potential to be a franchise QB IMO.

Our 1st and 2nd round alone would improve our offensive skill positions.

Offense:
    QB-Lefevour
    TE-Gresham
    WR1-Dez Bryant
    WR2-Robinson
    WR3-Avery
    RB-Jackson
    FB-Karney

We would still have the 3rd-7th rounds to fill in the defense and a backup RB. I understand the populous may not like it but its my preference.

Imagine when we take Karney out and go with a 3 WR set. It would be Dez Bryant, Laurent Robinson, Donnie Avery, Jermaine Gresham at TE and Jackson at RB. That would be 4 guys that have size and can receive and one speedy guy.
    Last edited by RamsSB99; -03-20-2010 at 03:10 PM.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

I'll take Gresham. He fills in a bigger need and I just dont understand why we need another young WR.

I mean yeah, our WR's didn't do that great last season. Laurent Robinson was showing good potential until he got injured.

Brandon Gibson came in for about 6 weeks I believe, and he did a good job.

Donnie Avery, I think he has DeSean Jackson potential. They are very similar players, and I still Think Avery is better.

All these recievers would be alot better with a good QB, like DJackson and Mcnabb.

Not to mention, Keenan Burton, Danny Amendola, Brooks Foster.

CanadianRamsFan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsSB99 View Post
    I like Gresham, his ceiling could be a top TE in the league while Thomas could be a productive receiver but I don't see his ceiling as high. I had another post proposing trading down and taking Bryant the #1 WR in the Draft and picking up Lefevour with the second rounder we would obtain. It was not very popular but it would be something if we did that and got Gresham in the second. Are first two rounds would produce the #1 WR and #1 TE in the draft along with Lefevour who has the potential to be a franchise QB IMO.

Our 1st and 2nd round alone would improve our offensive skill positions.

Offense:
    QB-Lefevour
    TE-Gresham
    WR1-Dez Bryant
    WR2-Robinson
    WR3-Avery
    RB-Jackson
    FB-Karney

We would still have the 3rd-7th rounds to fill in the defense and a backup RB. I understand the populous may not like it but its my preference.

Imagine when we take Karney out and go with a 3 WR set. It would be Dez Bryant, Laurent Robinson, Donnie Avery, Jermaine Gresham at TE and Jackson at RB. That would be 4 guys that have size and can receive and one speedy guy.
    I'm not a fan of Dez Bryant, he screams bust. Mainly because i feel that once her signed a big contract he would stop caring because he's made his money. Hell the guy showed up late to games in college why wouldn't he do that in the NFL?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast