Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RamsSB99 is offline Registered User

Re: Who ya got Demaryius Thomas vs. Jermaine Gresham

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianRamsFan View Post
    I'm not a fan of Dez Bryant, he screams bust. Mainly because i feel that once her signed a big contract he would stop caring because he's made his money. Hell the guy showed up late to games in college why wouldn't he do that in the NFL?
    The guy has undeniable talent and talent can't be taught. Yes he did have problems with being late but when he stepped on the field he always performed at an extremely high level. I would rather take a chance on a guy with an extremely high ceiling that was accused of showing up late then a guy with an injury history and questionable transitional skills to the next level. If you just watched every game of the guy when he was on the field you would think he would have a legit shot to be a Probowl WR. If you start taking into account his being late then you start knocking his potential to be a Probowl WR. I think him being late can be fixed easier then him not having the talent. Of course none of us know for sure if he will fix that or not. But none of us know how Bradfords health or talent will translate to the NFL. IMO Bryants skill set is less of a risk in transferring to the NFL then Bradfords. But he will need to show up on time and continue to mature.
    Last edited by RamsSB99; -03-20-2010 at 09:25 PM.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

I'd go with Gresham, but that's partly because I watched several of OU's games in 2008 and saw him in action. He's a hard man to bring down and fast for a 260-pounder. All I have to go on with Thomas are highlight reels, which of course look good but don't scream out that this guy is more special than the dozen other guys who have nice highlight reels.

My main concern about Gresham is whether he comes out with a clean bill of health after missing the entire 2009 season with a knee injury.

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

This wasn't hard for me at all. It's Jermaine Gresham all the way. It's been so long since the Rams have had a viable and dangerous tight end that a lot of us don't know what kind of impact a guy like Gresham can have.
    I know I've all but forgotten myself, too.

The thing I don't care for about Thomas is that he's a product of a wishbone offense. That is, he is almost always single covered as the defense stacks more people in the box to cut down on the running option plays.

Also, I can't remember the last WR from an option type team to really make a difference in the NFL. Much like the wishbone style QBs never amounted to much so have the WRs from that system.

That being said if Gresham is taken in the first as I suspect, Thomas will have to be a consideration in the 2nd, but, like another poster opined, I believe the Rams already have enough young WRs and I really don't think I would want another that early in the draft.

Heck at this point I am more interested to see what Brooks Foster can do when he gets healthy.

Let's fill other holes in this draft and look to re-eval the receiver position after next year.

WHAT SAY YE?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12