throwback week

View Poll Results: Who do you want in Round 2?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ron Brace, DT, Boston College

8 8.79%
  • James Laurinaitis, LB, Ohio State

46 50.55%
  • Clint Sintim, LB, Virginia

4 4.40%
  • Evander "Ziggy" Hood, DT, Missouri

6 6.59%
  • Brian Robiskie, WR, Ohio State

2 2.20%
  • Hakeem Nicks, WR, North Carolina

10 10.99%
  • Phil Loadholt, OT, Oklahoma

5 5.49%
  • Clay Matthews, LB, USC

4 4.40%
  • Michael Johnson, DE, Georgia Tech

3 3.30%
  • Duke Robinson, OG, Oklahoma

0 0%
  • Darry Beckwith, LB, LSU

0 0%
  • Someone else (who?)

3 3.30%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shan the Ram Man is offline Registered User

Re: Who are you hoping for in Round 2?

Hey fleece
    Go with the better player in Hood . Take the big fat run stuffer in late round or in next years draft when alot of NT's are coming out.
    Need of KILLER defence!

LongBlood is offline Registered User

I'm with Txramsfan here...a starter...but yeah, LB seems the most likely of the positions to have players falling and for that reason, should be one of the biggest reasons why not to go LB in the 1st round. If the Rams pick the same position in the 1st and 2nd round no matter what position it is, I'll pretty much be pissed.

richtree is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by 39thebeast View Post
    Have to go with Laurantis, if he is available at 35 he is the BPA and fills a huge need. That is a no brainer.

Keny Britt is a Diva WR and his hands aren't that great. If Laurantis isn't there and a guy like Hakeem Nicks is there you can't pass up on him because he is a perfect compliment to Avery and would add another threat to open things up for S-Jax.

If you think Britt's hands aren't that great, I say ok, you are entitled to your opinion but I don't think you can make the case that Hakeem Nicks is "the perfect compliment to Avery".

The facts on Britt vs. Nicks

Britt is 6ft 3 vs. Nicks 6ft even (we need a taller reciever to compliment Avery and Burton <burners>)

Britt benched 23 reps and improved on his 40 to 4.40 at Rutgers Pro Day and lost 8 lbs from the Combine to his ProDay.

Nicks gained 16 lbs , didn't bench, didn't run the forty, or do anything to improve himself at UNC's pro day.

Some scouts said Nicks looked out of shape at the UNC pro day and was visibly heavier (in a bad way) -- one scout said he looked like a "fat tight end"

Britt is big east all time leading reciever over Larry Fitz

Nicks stats were alittle inflated due to Tate's early injuries

Nicks looks to run good routes and comes back to the ball very well.

Britt makes tuff catches better than Nicks.

Britt is a better Run blocker.

Britt has made a ton a catches running screens and coming across the middle.

Nicks is better before the ball gets to him.

After watching flim on both Nicks is shifty but doesn't seem to have the athleticism to play at the same speed.

Rams play on a turf field that favos the speed and strength of Britt to make tuff catches over the middle for first downs.

Britt could play inside and out with McMichael spilt and overall I don't think this a contest.

Britt > Nicks

and most would agree a stronger, taller, more well-rounder reciever that would be a better compliment for Avery's lighting quicks

thats Britt -- if we wait til later Masouqoi and Kelly could be young projects to work with.

but if not Britt in round 2 -- we don't go WR because after the top 5 WR's there is a drop off and we can wait until round 3

cheers

richtree

jerseyramsfan is offline Registered User

The steal of the entire draft in round 2 will be Michael Johnson... Hands Down....

AbramAssassin Guest

laurinitis if hes there, this is not going to happen though so il go with robiske, big, tall reciever who i think will make a real good nfl WR

Weddle Guest

Sean Smith - CB - Utah

My talking the 6'3 corner we'll have taken a guy with 'shutdown' ability. It will help turn our secondary into a strength rather than a weakness and in turn give our D-Line more time to get to the QB.

Warner4prez Guest

Boonk Loadholt. A franchise tackle that will anchor the right side of the line for years.
    Only has one smudge on his resume for what I think was a drunk driving charge, otherwise he is a character kid. Not to mention a road-grater for the running game which is hopefully going to be our MO this season.

iStillBelieve Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jerseyramsfan View Post
    The steal of the entire draft in round 2 will be Michael Johnson... Hands Down....
    if he falls I completely agree (but I really doubt he does)

A-Web is offline Registered User

I would honestly say, that if we were to take Aaron Curry (like I truly believe we will, unless he goes #1) that I think I would prefer Brandon Pettigrew if he were to be on the board. I have seen no attempted mocks that put him in round one, but he is listed as an estimated Round 1 pick. I don't understand how you can rate someone a predicted Round 1 pick, but no mock drafts put him in round 1...

Either way, I think he would make a big impact, if he wasn't available, and J. Lau was though, I think I would go with that.

Imagining instantaneously finishing our linebacker squad in one draft...you can't pass that up.

39thebeast is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by richtree View Post
    If you think Britt's hands aren't that great, I say ok, you are entitled to your opinion but I don't think you can make the case that Hakeem Nicks is "the perfect compliment to Avery".

The facts on Britt vs. Nicks

Britt is 6ft 3 vs. Nicks 6ft even (we need a taller reciever to compliment Avery and Burton <burners>)

Britt benched 23 reps and improved on his 40 to 4.40 at Rutgers Pro Day and lost 8 lbs from the Combine to his ProDay.

Nicks gained 16 lbs , didn't bench, didn't run the forty, or do anything to improve himself at UNC's pro day.

Some scouts said Nicks looked out of shape at the UNC pro day and was visibly heavier (in a bad way) -- one scout said he looked like a "fat tight end"

Britt is big east all time leading reciever over Larry Fitz

Nicks stats were alittle inflated due to Tate's early injuries

Nicks looks to run good routes and comes back to the ball very well.

Britt makes tuff catches better than Nicks.

Britt is a better Run blocker.

Britt has made a ton a catches running screens and coming across the middle.

Nicks is better before the ball gets to him.

After watching flim on both Nicks is shifty but doesn't seem to have the athleticism to play at the same speed.

Rams play on a turf field that favos the speed and strength of Britt to make tuff catches over the middle for first downs.

Britt could play inside and out with McMichael spilt and overall I don't think this a contest.

Britt > Nicks

and most would agree a stronger, taller, more well-rounder reciever that would be a better compliment for Avery's lighting quicks

thats Britt -- if we wait til later Masouqoi and Kelly could be young projects to work with.

but if not Britt in round 2 -- we don't go WR because after the top 5 WR's there is a drop off and we can wait until round 3

cheers

richtree
    Tough Catches you obviously didn't see Nicks in his bowl game against west Virginia.

Ask any scout and they will tell you Britt Body catches sometimes while Nicks always uses his hands. Nicks and Crabtree have the best hands in the draft.

Nicks is also one of the best route runners in the draft and that is exactly what you do in the WCO

Here's a quote from Scott Wright about Britt "Overconfident and immature with a lot of Diva-esque tendencies."

Here's a quote from Scott Wright about Nicks "Team player with solid intangibles...Extremely competitive"

Nicks gained weight that he has already lost because he had a hamstring injury and couldn't work out.

Nicks is 6-0 3/4 and Britt is 6-2 7/8. Look at combine official combine times where they are on equal footing Nicks ran a 4.51 and Britt ran 4.50. Britt had a one inch higher vert, but Nicks ran better in the 10yd and 20yd dash which shows explosion and a quick first step.

You can say Britt stats are inflated also, because Tiquan Underwood didn't have a good senior year. His stats are definately not infalted he had 19 less receptions than Britt.

Nicks had 12 touchdowns compared to Britt's 7. Britt had 150 more yards, but he had 19 more receptions. Career wise Nicks has 21 TDs while Britt has 17.

The More well rounded guy is Nicks he is a better route runner, better hands, gets better separation, maybe equal over the middle, speed nearly identical (see 40 times). Britt will get more YAC and is Taller, but I still like Nicks

From NFL draft scout "Compares To: RODDY WHITE, Atlanta -- Actually, Nicks looks more like a smaller version of Keyshawn Johnson. He has very good power and runs precise routes, displaying some of the best hands in this draft. He won't beat a cornerback on deep patterns using pure speed, but he's a savvy route runner who is also light on his feet for a player his size."

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by A-Web View Post
    I would honestly say, that if we were to take Aaron Curry (like I truly believe we will, unless he goes #1) that I think I would prefer Brandon Pettigrew if he were to be on the board. I have seen no attempted mocks that put him in round one, but he is listed as an estimated Round 1 pick. I don't understand how you can rate someone a predicted Round 1 pick, but no mock drafts put him in round 1...

Either way, I think he would make a big impact, if he wasn't available, and J. Lau was though, I think I would go with that.

Imagining instantaneously finishing our linebacker squad in one draft...you can't pass that up.

So, what you are saying is that you are comfortable with Goldberg starting at RT?

What I am saying, is that we have quite a number of offensive lineman that will be capable of competing this season for positions, and that Spags has done plenty of good work acquiring depth this Free Agency, both at center and picking up some OT (LT Specifically) that has developmental room still. We now have our center anchor, and he picked up some new meat to throw into the blender at LT. He wouldn't get a 26 year old free agent at LT if he didn't think he could do something with that. And at that point, yes, I think Goldberg would be fine with how everything has fallen this far.

If you think the coaching isn't going to pick up the slack and make sure the unit knows what role is what, than I think you would be mistaken. Namely, you are saying you are comfortable with Culberson or Draft as a linebacker?

Or Ryans on the O-line? Or Avery and Burton as the only Wideouts?

You jump to a conclusion based on my response to a BPA at pick number 35. This is to the point of saying if that person is available, could I pass them? If Pettigrew and or J. Lau is there, we should get them in my opinion.

I fail to see where your accusation of "comfortable" comes from? Because I think we will take Aaron Curry at #2? That is because I THINK we will take Curry at #2. Not...I WANT us to take Curry at #2. It is just factual information to me that we have a very high chance at taking Curry at #2, and that the Rams organization wouldn't be hiring 26 year old free agents at Offensive Tackle if we were going to pay a rookie offensive tackle tens of millions of dollars in another month. Think that through. We haven't touched our linebackers in FA, why? Because I think he is waiting for Curry.

So, for the second or third time, what is this chip on your shoulder that you pick our my statement above all else, and jump to ridiculous conclusions on?

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Easy Trigger, just asked if you were comfortable with Goldberg at RT.

If the coaching is comfy with him there, than I am. If the pre-season workouts and training drills pass by, and the offensive line positions competition wraps up, and he is the #1 guy for the spot, than I guess my answer to you will be, "Yes, I am confident and comfortable with him in that spot."

Because based on my college football knowledge to this point, I do not think there is a linebacker in the next season whom I would want to draft and think highly of in terms of a starting player. So I think when you have so many guys with as much upside as we do this season, that we should take advantage of that and grab away. There will always be a lineman in the next draft that is ready to play, but I don't like the odds of a new linebacker based on my survey of the upcoming field.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast