Rambos is offline Registered User

Who is your most intriguing rookie?

Which players for whatever reason has you interested in him. Maybe it’s a small school guy or a kid that has not played much football but has come on, maybe a walk on. Is there any guy you are watching and what is his story?

This guy has my attention. He could be our SS...

Notre Dame safety Tom Zbikowski, this guy looks mad at the world. I just get the feeling he will be a player.

He boxed at Madison Square Garden… knocked out Robert Bell in 49 seconds

His strengths in his own words

"I think physical toughness and also having a knack for being a playmaker, with fumble recoveries and forced fumbles and interceptions.

How about at the combine during the bench press when the coach from AZ called him Rudy during his reps and without out stopping he said to the coach “don’t call me Rudy again”

During the telecast on NFL Network Tuesday, both Deion Sanders and Mike Mayock said that Zibby is the kind of player you want on a football team with Sanders saying he could play on his team anytime.

He’s a lunch pail player who will add toughness and attitude to whatever team he is drafted by.

Wolf is offline Registered User

Re: Who is your most intriguing rookie?

Tom Zbikowski is intriguing. I wouldn't mind his toughness in a Rams uniform at all.

Mine is Donnie Avery. I know his stock fell because of his 4.3..4.4 at a combine...but in reality he has ran a 4.2. I'm not a big combine fan...beause I think 40 numbers don't measure game speed...but after watching clips, Donnie Avery can burn anyone in my opinion if given the opportunity. I'm a lobbyer for him in a Rams uniform, because he can add that dynamic youth on the field. Wouldn't mind Will Franklin either.

Mooselini is offline Registered User

I'm with Wolf on this one. Avery sounds like a great pick up and he may be available at the second round. Sure, we have other needs, but Chavous isnt really cutting it. If we sign Bell, we wont have to be too concerned about a OL starter in the draft.

My main concern comes to WR and SS. But we NEED a new SS. I hope to see Avery selected.

However, your choice wouldnt be a bad pick up if Avery isnt there.

39thebeast is offline Registered User

I have to say Devin Thomas. Not exactly the small receiver Saunders plays with at 6-2 215, but he is extremely fast and is a big play maker. Holt has said this is his last contract , we realy don't have a 3rd WR which is a big component of Saunders system, I'm not going to complain about Bennet, but he isn't exactly a spring Chicken either

edge_V is offline Registered User

yes! I agree. I'd love to see devin Thomas in a rams jersey

itsguud is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    How about at the combine during the bench press when the coach from AZ called him Rudy during his reps and without out stopping he said to the coach “don’t call me Rudy again”

This is the kind of guy I like too Rambos. Hopefully we hook him!

You don't happen to know where I could find a video of this comment anywhere do you??

You don't happen to know where I could find a video of this comment anywhere do you??
    On the NFLN they where showing a recap of the combine today and they showed him at the bench, classic.

Don't call him Rudy
    Long time readers will know of our love of the Combine's strength and conditioning guru John Lott.

He yells at every player as they do the bench press, giving each one some nickname. Notre Dame safety and boxer Tom Zbikowski was benching Monday, when Lott yelled down to him, "That's it Rudy, come on now."

Guess he's not a Sean Astin fan. Zbikowski, 12 reps at 225 pounds in, finds the energy to fire right back, "Don't ever call me that again."

Lott kept yapping, but he didn't use the R word again as Zbikowski got up to 24 reps. I am officially afraid of Tom Zbikowski.

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on February 26, 2008 02:00 PM | Permalink

Sports - Pancake Blocks: Don't call him Rudy

YouTube - tom zbikowsi highlights
    Last edited by Rambos; -03-03-2008 at 11:59 PM.

THOLTFAN81 is online now Registered User

MY BOY DRC!!!! We CANT pass him up if hes there in the 2nd round considering we need CB help.

shower beers is offline Registered User

Anyone look into Kirk Barton? Yes, he's from Ohio State, and I may be biased, but he was a great tackle for our line, and I believe he had a solid performance at the combine.

We could also probably get away with drafting him a little later, perhaps on day two.

Richbert88 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by 39thebeast View Post
    I have to say Devin Thomas. Not exactly the small receiver Saunders plays with at 6-2 215, but he is extremely fast and is a big play maker. Holt has said this is his last contract , we realy don't have a 3rd WR which is a big component of Saunders system, I'm not going to complain about Bennet, but he isn't exactly a spring Chicken either
    What is Stanley? I think he'd make a fine #3 WR next season. Speed and hands. Merely lacks that big college experience and that high draft pick charm, but he's got the talent to make the move to at least a #3 WR. Kid can even get some seperation. How about letting him get some experience against the big boys.
    Semper Fi!

Which players for whatever reason has you interested in him. Maybe it’s a small school guy or a kid that has not played much football but has come on, maybe a walk on. Is there any guy you are watching and what is his story?

Notre Dame safety Tom Zbikowski, this guy looks mad at the world. I just get the feeling he will be a player.
    Scouting Profile:

Analysis
    Positives: Well-chiseled frame. ... Intelligent and has the instincts for the position. ... Can break on the ball and is effective in zone coverage. ... Understands his role as a last line of defense and takes good angles to the ball. ... Aggressive in run support. ... Willing to take on blocks to make the play and an effective open-field tackler. ... Can lay the big hit. ... Has seen action at strong and free safety. ... Has the combination of athleticism and smarts to be effective in man and zone schemes.

Negatives: Athletic, but his pure speed is a concern. ... Forty time has been estimated at 4.55 and he can be caught out of position on deep passes. ... Has a slight hitch in his hip turn and loses a half-step in his transition. ... Quickness is evident as a returner, but is not always there as a defender. ... Can be too aggressive and will at times be caught in poor position against effective play-action.

Looks good. What round does he project?
    Semper Fi!

Quote Originally Posted by shower beers View Post
    Anyone look into Kirk Barton? Yes, he's from Ohio State, and I may be biased, but he was a great tackle for our line, and I believe he had a solid performance at the combine.

We could also probably get away with drafting him a little later, perhaps on day two.
    Overview
    Any player who starts for almost four full years at The Ohio State University should be considered a very solid pro prospect. Barton's not likely to set the Combine on fire with great numbers, but teams can't time his effort with a stopwatch or measure his toughness with a yardstick. He will challenge for playing time early in his NFL career, if the opportunity arrives.

Analysis
    Positives: Dependable, strong-willed lineman who will be there every play of every game. ... Good strength at the point, able to seal the edge. ... Solid punch that can get his man off-kilter. ... Can quickly get his hands inside the defender's jersey and extend to get maximum leverage. ... Once he's locked in, Barton can bring his feet and move out the defender. ... Uses arm-bar to keep his man locked up if necessary. ... Can combo block if linebacker is fairly close to the line. ... Usually adept at picking up blitzer. ... Does best work against larger ends who rely on bull or one-move rushes.

Negatives: Lacks great lateral movement and flexibility to shadow fast defensive ends after their initial move. ... Reaches too much to make up for his slow feet. ... Stands up too quickly in pass set, looking really stiff in the process. ... Doesn't get to second level quickly. ... Really schooled by quick Florida defensive linemen in 2006 season title game, and did only marginally better against LSU in ?07. ... Plays guard occasionally in goal-line situations, and may be better off there in the long run.

I wonder, how late? I am intrigued. OT/OG
    Semper Fi!

Quote Originally Posted by THOLTFAN81 View Post
    MY BOY DRC!!!! We CANT pass him up if hes there in the 2nd round considering we need CB help.
    He isn't going to be there in the second round. Interesting, they're comparing him to Aeneas Williams.
    Semper Fi!

Looks good. What round does he project?
    Tom Zbikowski 3rd or 4th round.

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

He boxed at Madison Square Garden… knocked out Robert Bell in 49 seconds

His strengths in his own words

"I think physical toughness and also having a knack for being a playmaker, with fumble recoveries and forced fumbles and interceptions.

During the telecast on NFL Network Tuesday, both Deion Sanders and Mike Mayock said that Zibby is the kind of player you want on a football team with Sanders saying he could play on his team anytime.

He’s a lunch pail player who will add toughness and attitude to whatever team he is drafted by.
    I like your choice,sounds like he could be good friends with Incognito,I like that type of attitude on the field.

LinkBacks (?)