AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Who is your sleeper or "pet pick" for the Rams?

Do you have a player who you'd like to see picked by the Rams... maybe not in the early rounds, but at some point in the draft?

My current "pet pick" for the Rams is Ryan Moats, RB, LSU. He may be gone by the third round and that (depending on how the Rams do in FA) would be a bit too high for the Rams to take a RB, but if he were to slip to the 4th round, I'd take him in a second.

He would be the perfect "change of pace" back for Jackson. He's 5'8, 207 and runs about a 4.5. He was a workhorse at LaTech, and showed some receiving ability. He reminds me a bit of Mewelde Moore, who did a good job as a rookie last year for the Vikings.

Who would you like to see the Rams look at in the mid to late rounds?

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Who is your sleeper or "pet pick" for the Rams?

I'm going with Ryan Riddle (California) (DE) - Don't get me wrong, he won't be an NFL DE, but he could be an outstanding OLB. Great speed & work ethic. Still developing and switching to LB would take some time to learn the technique. Think Wistrom's motor with Arch's athleticism.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

WILLN107 is offline Registered User

How about Matt Jones(QB,TE,WR,DB,Punter,All-around Athlete) in the late rounds. I think he played about every position at the U of A over his career. hes 6-6 240lbs and agile, pretty quick and fast. he would make a great addition to the team

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Nice one WillN.....I bet he could be used on ST's also.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Offensively, I like C.J. Brooks of Maryland. He's a quick guard that has experience at tackle as well, very durable, and sets quick in pass protection. He should probably be a late Day One or early Day Two pick, depending on how you have the guards ranked.

Defensively, I like Mike Goolsby of Notre Dame. Good speed, good football instincts, reliable tackler. His coverage skills could use some work, but I think he'd make a solid late Day 1 or early Day 2 selection if we don't get a linebacker earlier.

Other guys I like: LBs Boomer Grigsby and Jared Newberry, G Adam Snyder, TE Dave Kashetta, DB Dustin Fox
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Three
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam
    My current "pet pick" for the Rams is Ryan Moats, RB, LSU. He may be gone by the third round and that (depending on how the Rams do in FA) would be a bit too high for the Rams to take a RB, but if he were to slip to the 4th round, I'd take him in a second.

He would be the perfect "change of pace" back for Jackson. He's 5'8, 207 and runs about a 4.5. He was a workhorse at LaTech, and showed some receiving ability. He reminds me a bit of Mewelde Moore, who did a good job as a rookie last year for the Vikings.
    A RB? You have a RB as your pet pick?

Why is this? Are you counting Faulk out? Do you really think we need another running back?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

serkicker32 is offline Registered User

i like Darryl Blackstock at SLB, and Bill Swancutt at DE

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by UtterBlitz
    A RB? You have a RB as your pet pick?

Why is this? Are you counting Faulk out? Do you really think we need another running back?
    Utter, if you recall, last year AV had us drafting a RB in the 1st round and he was laughed at. Turns out he was right (although he picked Chris Perry and of course it was SJ). I think our friendly neighborhood litigator has a thing for RBs.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

If the Rams could get a smaller, quicker, change-of-pace, back in the fourth round, I'd be all for it. At best, Faulk's a role player for another year, so the Rams need to plan for the future.

sbramfan is offline Registered User

I don't know if the Rams need to pick a RB this year, but they definitely need to be prepared to get a "Faulk" style runner that can catch, especially on 3rd down. Jackson is a great down-hill runner, but they need a Faulk, Dunn, Amp Lee type guy who can catch to compliment him.

Not that Jackson can't catch, but I like this running back by committee style, but Faulk won't be around too much longer (if not his age, his cap number).

The offense is this team's bread and butter, and a lot of the "butter" relies on the Running back going out for a pass.

xHOLTx81 is offline Registered User

I think that we need someone defensively first because we all no the rams r the greatest show on turf offensively

RamWraith is offline Registered User

Justin Leonard from Wisconsin. Hard hitting safety and can return kicks and punts.

rampete is offline Registered User

my sleeper picks for the rams are:

1)Jerome Mathis WR, Hampton
    6'0, 180 lbs, 4.41

2)Tyjuan Hagler OLB, Cincinnati
    6'2, 230 lbs, 4.49 40

tanus is offline Registered User

Matt Grootegoed USC

Will be an awesome ST player and hits like a ton of bricks. Would be a great backup safety as well.