Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Re: Who are your sleepers???

Quote Originally Posted by RamJackson39
    No I didnt. I was telling you to appreciate the joke that was going on.

I have a new sleeper though.

Will Blackmon. He had a good career at CB, but due to the lack of a true star he was asked to move to WR this season. He's moving back to CB in the NFL and could turn out to be a star.
    I'll agree with you on Blackmon. The more I see, the more I like. And I'll add...

Chris Gocong, DE Cal Poly - He played in Div. I-AA, so take these with a grain of salt, but here were his stats over the last two years:

2005: 98 tackles, 31 TFL, 23.5 sacks, 14 QB pressures, 4 PD, 2 FR, 4 FF

2004: 71 tackles, 21.5 TFL, 17.5 sacks, blocked kick, 2 FF

Keep in mind, he did all of that as a 3-4 defensive end.

Domenik Hixon, WR Akron - 6'2", 200 lbs, ran a 4.34 and did well in the other drills. Supposedly scouts at his pro day were asking his representatives inredulously, "Where did you find this guy?" He's a good returner, and has the physical attributes to go far at receiver. He ranks 2nd on the Akron career receptions list (141), 3rd on the career receiving yards chart (2,092), and 4th on career all-purpose yardage list (3,888) all since he converted from safety in 2004. He's unpolished but has a lot of potential.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Rob Ninkovich - 6'3", 260 lb., Purdue, DE/OLB

Average measurables, but stellar production. He started over big name Ray Edwards while at Purdue. In 2 seasons with the Boilermakers, he average 8 sacks and 13 TFL per year. May not be strong enough to put his hand down for three snaps, but with a little coaching could become our SOLB.

Richard Marshall, 5'11" 190 lbs., Fresno St., CB

Excellent cover corner who would fit well in a man-up aggressive defense that lives on the blitz. Where he won't fit well is a bend-don't-break zone. So which are we going to be this year?

***HOMER ALERT***

Travis DeSisso, 5'11" 205, Harding University, CB/S

Great measurables for a DB (4.49, 21 reps) and solid production last season (45 tackles, 8.5 TFL, 4.5 sacks, 2 Ints., 4 FF, 3 FR). He has the body of a corner, but the mind of a linebacker.

Torrance "Tank" Daniels, 6'4", 248 lbs., Harding University, SS/OLB

This All-American played the Rover position for the Bisons, so he would have to concentrate on either the SS or LB of more traditional NFL defenses. Decent numbers for a 250 lb'er (4.68, 20 reps.) and outstanding production (74 tackles, 10 TFL, 4.5 sacks, 5 PD, 4 FF)
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

serkicker32 is offline Registered User

FS Marcus Hudson- I saw him play a lot this year, and he seemed to come up with big plays at the right time. He's played both corner and safety
    CB- Marcus Maxey- He has all the mesurables to suceed, but lacks the foot work. Once he gets that down, look out.
    CB- Cedeic Griffin- He could develop into a starting safety or corner in the right system, and has great awareness.

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

I also like Griffin. He's the kind of guy who does lots of things well, CB, KR/PR, S, WR are all positions he has played and done well at.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123