View Poll Results: Who is your top draft prospect for the Rams?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Taylor Lewin, OT, Michigan

2 5.88%
  • Luke Joekel, OT, Texas A&M

13 38.24%
  • Keenan Allen, WR, California

2 5.88%
  • Terrence Williams, WR, Baylor

0 0%
  • Chance Warmack, OG, Alabama

1 2.94%
  • Barrett Jones, OG/C, Alabama

1 2.94%
  • Manti Te'o, LB, Notre Dame

7 20.59%
  • Barkevious Mingo, LB, LSU

0 0%
  • Eric Reid, S, LSU

3 8.82%
  • Xavier Rhodes, CB, FSU

0 0%
  • Robert Woods, WR, USC

2 5.88%
  • Someone else (who?)

3 8.82%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Who is your top Rams draft prospect for 2013?

Rambunctious is offline Registered User

Re: Who is your top Rams draft prospect for 2013?

Quote Originally Posted by bruce4life View Post

I believe we must draft a safety and a linebacker in the first 2 picks.
    I respect your opinion but would be very disappointed if our main focus is the defense in next year's draft.

There aren't many 7 and 0 or 3 and 0 games anymore... having a great defense is needed but it's of no use if you can't get points up on the board.

Call me crazy but I would take Luke Joeckel with our 1st pick, Barret Jones with our 2nd and grab Joeckel's teammate Jake Matthews with our 3rd pick to get the bookend.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambunctious View Post
    I respect your opinion but would be very disappointed if our main focus is the defense in next year's draft.

There aren't many 7 and 0 or 3 and 0 games anymore... having a great defense is needed but it's of no use if you can't get points up on the board.

Call me crazy but I would take Luke Joeckel with our 1st pick, Barret Jones with our 2nd and grab Joeckel's teammate Jake Matthews with our 3rd pick to get the bookend.
    That's probably overkill, but if it DID happen...I wouldn't complain.

As an Aggie and someone who watches every Texas A&M football game, I can confidently say that Luke Joeckel is an elite LT.

Some might say that he only looks good because Johnny Manziel always scrambles. That is not true. Luke Joeckel has faced solid competition and has manhandled every one in his way. He doesn't do it in a flashy way...but he gets the job done. The guy is a rock. He has the potential to be a Joe Thomas/Matt Kalil guy.

Jake Matthews is underrated. He doesn't get the same publicity as Joeckel, but he has been a mainstay at the RT position. Both these guys are fantastic.

And don't even get me started with Barrett Jones...

I want Barrett Jones. He has played every position on the offensive line flawlessly.

I have my eyes on Eric Reid and Keenan Allen for the sake of giving this team more playmakers which we desperately need.
    ManofGod likes this.

Vinnie25 is offline Registered User

I've also seen a couple Aggies games and I've definitely come away impressed by both Joeckel and Matthews, especially since they're doing it in the SEC. The way the Rams and Redskins schedules play out I'm expecting both our draft picks to be in the top 10. I think the Rams should get Joeckel with our first pick and either Warmack or B Jones from Alabama with our 2nd picks. I'm not too impressed with this year's WR class, I'd much rather try to get one in FA. Eric Reid is another possibility but he really hasn't impressed me much and I think we could solve the Safety problem in the 2nd or 3rd round.
    ManofGod likes this.

mcpeepants232003 is offline Registered User

Luke Joeckel

Ramhearder is offline Registered User

We have a ton of needs and a few of those spots are panning out to be deep this year. I say no matter what, BPA. If we end up with two picks in the 6 to 12 range, I still go BPA on the first, and maybe trade back to pick up an extra 2nd or 3rd. I'm not overly impressed with any WR, OT, or S to this point. I think we will be able to fill any of those positions with immediate upgrades anywhere in the first 3 rounds. If a playmaker is available, we need him.
    ManofGod likes this.

thoey is offline Registered User

We need a home run hitter at WR, but other than that, BPA as we have too many holes to fill...
    This space for rent...

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by ManofGod View Post
    What no option for: Star Lotulelei? I mean if we are taking the BPA approach as far as team building is concerned (especially with our lack of a punch from the middle of the defensive line), then certainly he has to at least be an option. First of all in FA, we grab one of the 3 WR's discussed several hundred times on this form. Next, after Star with the second 1st round pick you take an LT and then grab a Safety in the 2nd round (I say Rambo from Georgia).
    Having just drafted Brockers and signed Langford, I don't see DT as a priority.

thoey is offline Registered User

Love for us to get Te'o as long as he denounces his Irish roots upon signing.

But realistically, BPA. We have a lot of holes to fill...
    This space for rent...

RebelYell is offline Registered User

The one player that has jumped out at me as insanely dominant is Jarvis Jones. His ability to blitz the passer is outstanding and he's excellent in run support. Probably excel in the NFL mostly as an OLB in the 3-4, he could also play SLB in the 4-3. Rams won't be drafting high enough to get him but wow, he's a defensive game changer.
    ManofGod likes this.

ManofGod is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Having just drafted Brockers and signed Langford, I don't see DT as a priority.
    Interesting that its my post that gets blocked, but how is this not an area of need? Neither of our DT's put any pressure on the opposing teams QB & are not stopping the run on a consistent basis either. A successful pass rush needs pressure up the middle w/o having to blitz. Langord is under achieving and does not appear to be worth the money we spent on him, however with the new CBA picking up another DT is not as much of a reach as it once was.

mcpeepants232003 is offline Registered User

Interesting that its my post that gets blocked, but how is this not an area of need? Neither of our DT's put any pressure on the opposing teams QB & are not stopping the run on a consistent basis either. A successful pass rush needs pressure up the middle w/o having to blitz. Langord is under achieving and does not appear to be worth the money we spent on him, however with the new CBA picking up another DT is not as much of a reach as it once was.
    Our run defense has been fine since Brockers return and it's way too early to say that neither guy can get pressure.

I'm not saying we have no need for a dt but we shouldn't consider drafting one in the first round. Wide receiver, tight end, offensive tackle, safety, and olb are clearly bigger needs. I think Luke Joeckel is an obvious selection and a guy we have to be very interested in. With our 2nd first rounder I'd like us to go after the best receiver available or Tyler Eifert.

Rambos is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by mcpeepants232003 View Post
    Our run defense has been fine since Brockers return and it's way too early to say that neither guy can get pressure.

I'm not saying we have no need for a dt but we shouldn't consider drafting one in the first round. Wide receiver, tight end, offensive tackle, safety, and olb are clearly bigger needs. I think Luke Joeckel is an obvious selection and a guy we have to be very interested in. With our 2nd first rounder I'd like us to go after the best receiver available or Tyler Eifert.
    It's so early to talk draft i will change my mind many times before we pick players but I also see a need for DT. Brockers was back for the Hawks and Pats both games we got hurt against the run, that being said he looks like he will be great, He has made plays behind the line and has a sack. He also is not 100% and will only get better. Langford did start slow but has come on a bit, maybe playing next to Brockers he can try and get up field.

The need for another stud DT IMO comes from looking at the SB champions Gaints. They don't just have four good D linemen and then some rotation guys. They have great depth and rotate players constantly like we do. The difference is we have a huge drop off in talent when we rotate players. The good teams like the Gaints rotate DT and every guys that comes in can bring it. They wear out the O line.

I agree WR is a bigger need the problem is there is no AJ Green in this draft that can have an impact day one, we are looking at another two or three years to see if the kid will be special. We just used a 2nd on Quick in three years he should be that elite weapon. Dunbar at LB has played really well for us on the weak side. Not sure if drafting a strong side LB will be worth a first or second round in this pass happy league. He may only see the field 30% of the time. Offensive line, makes a lot of sense to take high, not sure Les or Fisher will pass on a playmaker to get a linemen high in the draft, they may build the line in rounds 3-5. TE also may be the way to go in the first round.

So many picks and so many needs... BPA

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

What makes you think Lotulelei will be a great pass rusher? In 35 college games, he has a total of 5.5 sacks.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    It's so early to talk draft i will change my mind many times before we pick players but I also see a need for DT. Brockers was back for the Hawks and Pats both games we got hurt against the run, that being said he looks like he will be great, He has made plays behind the line and has a sack. He also is not 100% and will only get better. Langford did start slow but has come on a bit, maybe playing next to Brockers he can try and get up field.

The need for another stud DT IMO comes from looking at the SB champions Gaints. They don't just have four good D linemen and then some rotation guys. They have great depth and rotate players constantly like we do. The difference is we have a huge drop off in talent when we rotate players. The good teams like the Gaints rotate DT and every guys that comes in can bring it. They wear out the O line.

I agree WR is a bigger need the problem is there is no AJ Green in this draft that can have an impact day one, we are looking at another two or three years to see if the kid will be special. We just used a 2nd on Quick in three years he should be that elite weapon. Dunbar at LB has played really well for us on the weak side. Not sure if drafting a strong side LB will be worth a first or second round in this pass happy league. He may only see the field 30% of the time. Offensive line, makes a lot of sense to take high, not sure Les or Fisher will pass on a playmaker to get a linemen high in the draft, they may build the line in rounds 3-5. TE also may be the way to go in the first round.

So many picks and so many needs... BPA
    Well the Giants actually don't really have many DT's. They have an amazing rotation of DE's (Umenyiora, Tuck, JPP) but DT's not so much (Canty is the only really good one, Austin, Bernard, Joseph, and Kuhn are below average).

THE DREAM TEAM

BarronWade is offline Registered User

i am the lone soul that voted Warmack the stock for drafting guards has certainly been rising the last 2 years there has been 2 taking in both drafts in the 1st round and both Warmack and cooper are better than all 4 of them

But if this offense cannot turn those 3 point drives into 7 point drives its obvious we are lacking playmakers... If we continue to struggle in the red zone it is important to get the best offensive playmaker available (not incl QB)

Right now its probably terrance williams but there is a Junior receiver that should garner some attention DeAndre Hopkins

It seems like no one is talking about him and has a pretty good double move and a nose for the endzone just someone to keep in mind

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast