View Poll Results: Who is your top draft prospect for the Rams?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Taylor Lewin, OT, Michigan

2 5.88%
  • Luke Joekel, OT, Texas A&M

13 38.24%
  • Keenan Allen, WR, California

2 5.88%
  • Terrence Williams, WR, Baylor

0 0%
  • Chance Warmack, OG, Alabama

1 2.94%
  • Barrett Jones, OG/C, Alabama

1 2.94%
  • Manti Te'o, LB, Notre Dame

7 20.59%
  • Barkevious Mingo, LB, LSU

0 0%
  • Eric Reid, S, LSU

3 8.82%
  • Xavier Rhodes, CB, FSU

0 0%
  • Robert Woods, WR, USC

2 5.88%
  • Someone else (who?)

3 8.82%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Who is your top Rams draft prospect for 2013?

lostsoul is offline Registered User

Re: Who is your top Rams draft prospect for 2013?

How does Woods have more votes than Allen? From what i've seen Allen is the superior receiver.

ManofGod is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by mcpeepants232003 View Post
    Our run defense has been fine since Brockers return and it's way too early to say that neither guy can get pressure.

I'm not saying we have no need for a dt but we shouldn't consider drafting one in the first round. Wide receiver, tight end, offensive tackle, safety, and olb are clearly bigger needs. I think Luke Joeckel is an obvious selection and a guy we have to be very interested in. With our 2nd first rounder I'd like us to go after the best receiver available or Tyler Eifert.
    Not sure which games you are watching buddy, but our run defense is anything but "fine". Secondly, Tyler both WR and LT should be addressed in FA (as we need established individuals in both positions not rookies that may take 2 or 3 years to develop. Both Safety and OLB can be addressed later in the draft so grabbing the BPA if he is a DT is still the better move.

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    What makes you think Lotulelei will be a great pass rusher? In 35 college games, he has a total of 5.5 sacks.
    Its not the sacks its the disruption of the offensive line & the constant double teaming that he demands. We've watch the same script all year, let our DE's run up the field and simply step up in the pocket and pass, Star takes away much of this option.

CRAZYHORNS is offline Registered User

When was the last time a team addressed the LT position with a quality starter in the NFL. I am asking cause I really do not know. Most teams do not let go franchise LT players unless they are injured or playing past their prime. I would not assume you can upgrade the LT position with starting talent.

To me OT Luke Joeckel Ė Texas A&M is the obvious choice. He has the size, speed, and technique to be a very specail player in the NFL

By selecting Joeckel the Rams will upgrade 3 very important positions on this team. We will have a franchise LT, Rogers moves to RT and will be an upgrade on that side, and most important the line will improve and the QB position will improve.

Go Rams

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYHORNS View Post
    When was the last time a team addressed the LT position with a quality starter in the NFL. I am asking cause I really do not know. Most teams do not let go franchise LT players unless they are injured or playing past their prime. I would not assume you can upgrade the LT position with starting talent.

To me OT Luke Joeckel – Texas A&M is the obvious choice. He has the size, speed, and technique to be a very specail player in the NFL

By selecting Joeckel the Rams will upgrade 3 very important positions on this team. We will have a franchise LT, Rogers moves to RT and will be an upgrade on that side, and most important the line will improve and the QB position will improve.

Go Rams

You said "Rogers" for a second there I thought we had a new tackle on the team, but my friend his name is Rodger. Now I talk about Star a great deal for several reason, but I fully understand the rational of drafting Luke Joeckel.

Quote Originally Posted by ManofGod View Post
    You said "Rogers" for a second there I thought we had a new tackle on the team, but my friend his name is Rodger. Now I talk about Star a great deal for several reason, but I fully understand the rational of drafting Luke Joeckel.
    Your right.

mcpeepants232003 is offline Registered User

I agree that Joeckel upgrades our entire offense. Get us a playmaker with our other 1st rounder and i"ll be stoked.

Ramhearder is offline Registered User

Finally, I voted. For... Manti Teo.

I have been following the rams religiously and the top prospects in the country equally. After today's "not loss", I see the need for a LB and safety above all else. I think the rams need to attack either Jarvis Jones or Manti Teo. If Jones is there for our Washington pick, we need to grab him. Teo is steadily moving up boards and a lot of people have him under 9. If he is there instead, we grab him.

Obviously Luke Joeckel is a stud. However, I don't think it will translate to the NFL. I noticed his lack of ability to block the bull rush. It's fine when your QB is checking down the ball or throwing slants; It is not okay in the Rams offense. I like Lewan for our draft better. He is more physical and, although not as ready as Joeckel, can be coached up higher than him (more ability for Budreau). I would actually be okay with either if we picked them.

Safety is deep this draft, and I think any one of the top 7 or 8 prospects will be huge upgrades to this D.

I am not impressed with any WR in college right now (except for Marquiss Lee - who will be in the 2014 draft). I don't want to see us grab Allen, Hunter or Woods in the first. I think we need to grab an Oline and a Defensive playmaker for sure.

We'll have to see how the next few weeks play out to better grasp where we will be picking. What I see is a potentially elite LB to fill one of our big needs.
    Rammed likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramhearder View Post

I have been following the rams religiously and the top prospects in the country equally. After today's "not loss", I see the need for a LB and safety above all else. I think the rams need to attack either Jarvis Jones or Manti Teo. If Jones is there for our Washington pick, we need to grab him. Teo is steadily moving up boards and a lot of people have him under 9. If he is there instead, we grab him.

Obviously Luke Joeckel is a stud. However, I don't think it will translate to the NFL. I noticed his lack of ability to block the bull rush. It's fine when your QB is checking down the ball or throwing slants; It is not okay in the Rams offense. I like Lewan for our draft better. He is more physical and, although not as ready as Joeckel, can be coached up higher than him (more ability for Budreau). I would actually be okay with either if we picked them.

Safety is deep this draft, and I think any one of the top 7 or 8 prospects will be huge upgrades to this D.

I am not impressed with any WR in college right now (except for Marquiss Lee - who will be in the 2014 draft). I don't want to see us grab Allen, Hunter or Woods in the first. I think we need to grab an Oline and a Defensive playmaker for sure.

We'll have to see how the next few weeks play out to better grasp where we will be picking. What I see is a potentially elite LB to fill one of our big needs.
    I agree with you assessment on the WR's in this draft & Joeckel, but OLB can be addressed in the later rounds as well. I feel we need to address WR in FA and then go BPA in the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramhearder View Post

Obviously Luke Joeckel is a stud. However, I don't think it will translate to the NFL. I noticed his lack of ability to block the bull rush.

can you provide some evidence to back this up I have not seen this but then again I have not seen much of Joeckel

I agree so far I have seen little that impresses me from the college WR group
    I think the Rams are in the best position to upgrade next year with 2 number 1 picks and room under the cap to collect some talent on both sides of the ball and I hope Wallace or Jennings find their way to St. Louis next year.

Go Rams
    Rambos, lostsoul and ManofGod like this.

lostsoul is offline Registered User

After watching Stanford upset Oregon, I have to say i would love if we drafted Zach Ertz. We need a receiving threat at TE, and Kendricks has been a phenomenal blocker but hasn't been what we hoped catching the ball. Ertz is a game changer and big redzone threat. He could be a great weapon for Bradford and really help with mismatches against the defense.
    ManofGod likes this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123