• Taylor Mays, S, USC

0 0%
  • Colt McCoy, QB, Texas

3 4.41%
  • Carlos Dunlap, DE, Florida

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Who's your choice for the Rams' first pick (pre-Thanksgiving edition)

I'm sure we'll do a lot of these polls before all is said and done. Let's see who the Clan likes right now (assume the Rams are in a position to select any of the players listed).

01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User

Re: Who's your choice for the Rams' first pick (pre-Thanksgiving edition)

Suh all the way.

39thebeast is offline Registered User

Real tough decision between Suh and Claussen for me, but I had to go with Claussen.

IMO Claussen has been the best offensive player in College football and Suh has been the best defensive players. If its not for 2 fluke picks Jimmy Claussen has 23 TDs to 2 interceptions. That is absolutely crazy. He is a great leader and a really tough kid. Being Notre Dame's QB is the most pressurized position in College football. He has 30 plus starts, excellls in a pro style system, and performs well behind a shoddy offensive line, make him an extremely pro ready QB. Its about the intangibles that really put him over the top most notably leadership, excelling under pressure, and toughness. He just has things you can't teach. The ability to lead 4th quarter comebacks and single bring a team back and carry them on your back, you just can't account for. In one the comebacks he was hurt went out of the game came back and lead the team to victory. Granted it was against purdue, but that is the stuff of legends. He is a Franchise QB IMO and the Rams just can't pass that up

txramsfan is offline Registered User

For me it's Suh. Clausen is overrated and there really isn't a QB on the list that is top 5 material. Clausen has success against Washington State but can't make the pass to win games against Navy and Connecticut....he will be a bust in the NFL. Besides, even though he plays in a West Coast offense he sure is in the shotgun quite a bit.

Suh takes over games. He's one DT that can rush the passer and stop the run. He will open up Long on the outside because teams won't be able to handle him one on one.

However, last time I checked.....I wasn't a scout or anything.....just a flunkie on a message board spewing out stuff he knows very little about really.

molar_pistol is offline Registered User

i went with suh..i really think the rams might try to find a qb already in the nfl, so a guy with this much ability on the d-line is too good to pass up right now.

BigGameTH is offline Registered User

I said Colt McCoy. The guy has the most wins by a starting college QB and highest completion percentage by a college QB in a season and that's without any real running game. Teams know they just have to stop Colt and they haven't been able to do it. This is a good year to roll the dice and try and grab our franchise guy. Suh would really help, but I have a gut feeling Spags, a former defensive coordinator, is willing to throw higher picks at at the offense. Claussen would be good too, but according to wikipedia he just lost in a bar altercation and we want winners on this team.

shower beers is offline Registered User

I went with Suh. I can't keep reading articles about our lack or run support killing Spags. We need our coach alive! Seriously though, Suh will provide a presence in the middle of the line that we've been sorely lacking for years now, and he'll take the heat off of Chris Long, Cliff Ryan and (possibly) Adam Carriker. He turns the unit into a real strength, and provides depth as well, something else we're lacking at the moment.

ManofGod is offline Registered User

Ah, finally the clan has come to there senses.

BarronWade is offline Registered User

Suh?

Suh is this year's Aaron Curry, just because he is the best player available and people think that the 2nd round talent is about the same as the 1st round talent we do not address our biggest need.

Carriker has another year left on his contract and we do not have a QB or a sure-fire #1 WR so i'd go with Dez bryant or Jimmy Clausen

*i voted Dez Bryant then read the thing AV posted about "assume the Rams are in a position to select any of the players listed" so if all are still available i say go Clausen but i dont think he will be available for us.

39thebeast is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BarronWade View Post
    Suh?

Suh is this year's Aaron Curry, just because he is the best player available and people think that the 2nd round talent is about the same as the 1st round talent we do not address our biggest need.

Carriker has another year left on his contract and we do not have a QB or a sure-fire #1 WR so i'd go with Dez bryant or Jimmy Clausen

*i voted Dez Bryant then read the thing AV posted about "assume the Rams are in a position to select any of the players listed" so if all are still available i say go Clausen but i dont think he will be available for us.
    You cant compare a picking a SLB top 3 to picking a DT top 3. 2 Completely different things. A dominant DT has a much greater overall impact on your defense than a SLB. We also cant count on Carriker because he has never played 16 games. You could also argue DT is a bigger need than QB and WR.

Also if the season ends now we are picking in the top 3 with the Bucs and Cleveland. Bucs have their Franchise QB. Who knows what the Browns will do with a new organization coming in. At this point Claussen is a verry likely option at this point

RockinRam is offline Registered User

I'm going with Clausen. It's time for our franchise to get a new face, a new start.

Other options could be:

Suh
    G. McCoy
    Damian Williams
    Dez Bryant
    Jake Locker

Varg6 is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BarronWade View Post
    Suh?

Suh literally makes the entire Defense better if he can do what everyone claims he can do.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Mooselini is offline Registered User

I want King Kong. Suh is going to make an impact. We are having teams run all over us. Suh can pass rush and stop the run. I'll take him right now.

We do need a top tier WR and franchise QB, but Spags is a defensive minded coach and I wouldn't be shocked one bit if we went with Suh.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Devaney, if you care about this team... fire the offensive coordinator!!!!

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

"Sweet Suh' is my pick because the QB's are not top 5 talent and we need a plug in the middle of our D-Line. The drop-off in QB talent IMO is not that great that we cannot find a solid franchise QB in the second round. Besides I'm convinced Bulger will be around next year for us and that allows a QB to learn the NFL and not get tossed to the wolves. Sanchez and Stafford are good not great yet, a year of learning might have been a worthwhile exercise.

Suh also seems to be one of those DT's types like Vince Wolfolk or Tommie Harris that anchor a defense.

Go Rams!

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Right now, I'd go with Ndamukong Suh.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast