• Taylor Mays, S, USC

0 0%
  • Colt McCoy, QB, Texas

3 4.41%
  • Carlos Dunlap, DE, Florida

0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

Re: Who's your choice for the Rams' first pick (pre-Thanksgiving edition)

As tempted as I was to pick Tebow, I went with the Golden Boy, Jimmy Clausen. Basically I don't see a quarterback on our roster who can be the savior of this franchise. It is time to get our man, and from the looks of it right now, Clausen is the front runner. I doubt I would want to immediatly start our rookie QB, rather let him develope and mature. Even though Stafford is doing just fine, I thought it was irresponsible for him to continue playing today when he was clearly hurt and the Lions were getting bet once again on turkey day.

Of course I would be ecstatic with Suh, the dude is a beast and a difference maker for your d. Taylor Mays is still in my heart though, I can see that dude making big plays for us as well. Maybe he will hurt himself and fall to us at the top of the second? Laurainaitis fell about that much from around this point last year to April. Never know...

But yeah Tebow in the third round if we pass on a QB. Kid just wins baby!

Major30 is offline Registered User

Suh is a monster!!! We gotta get him if he is available. None of the QBs are truly "top of the first round" quality.

mtah6245 is offline Registered User

I choose Suh. If any one looked at todays game and saw a 2nd string tailback torch this defense it obvious to take the best defensive player not only 1st but the best available defensive player at the top of the 2nd also. We need some impact players on defense out of this draft period. Draft offensive players starting with probably the 4th pick.

Jockelite is offline Registered User

With how the Rams Run D has been... Ndamukong Suh all the way.

chiguy is offline Registered User

I choose Suh. My reasoning is simple...the defense is farther along and has a clearer set of problems to fix. Thus, fixing those problems and getting an NFL quality unit on the field ought to be a priority. Suh (or maybe McCoy...I'm not a talent evaluator) is a step in that direction.

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

i voted Suh...a DT is like an LT..the success of the unit depends on what you have there..Ryan is developing into a good player but he needs help badly...

out of all the prospects now that Bradford looks a too risky pick..i would say only Suh & Berry are elite top 5 prospects...let alone top 3 where we seem likely to be picking.

i will never be one of those fans who want their team to lose to get a higher draft pick..but i am hoping Tampa win more games than us at this point because if they pick before us i cant see them passing on Suh.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Right now, it's gotta be Suh.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

I went with Locker, who I see as the current "swing for the fences" prospect. He has great tools and could be a franchise QB.

That said, I will be watching the QB evaluation process during the offseason very carefully. If Locker's "stock" goes down when he is "tested," I probably would join the Suh camp.

The other question I keep asking is... if we take Suh (or even G.McCoy if Suh is gone) in Round 1, which QBs will still be available in Round 2? I am intrigued in the possibility of landing Colt McCoy or Tony Pike in Round 2. That would be a nice set of picks, would it not?

01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    The other question I keep asking is... if we take Suh (or even G.McCoy if Suh is gone) in Round 1, which QBs will still be available in Round 2? I am intrigued in the possibility of landing Colt McCoy or Tony Pike in Round 2. That would be a nice set of picks, would it not?
    I think pike,LeFevour(is that how you spell it),Tebow,and clark will all be available in the 2nd round. Colt might be if we are lucky, i think i would take colt before any of the others if he fell to round 2. Pike would be my pick otherwise.

chancelandusa is offline Registered User

I went with locker however I believe our "D" is close to becoming a solid group Suh could sure up one of our biggest weaknesses in stuffing up the middle and slowing the running game of our opponents plus freeing op long and lauranitis ( ? spelling ) which would also help our db good things are coming our way 2010 RAMS will be much improved RAMS PRIDE BRING IT

TheRammer Guest

Without coming to any conclusions just listen to this reasoning: Rams attendance was it's lowest this last Sunday since the rams have been in St. Louis; The two best defensive players this season in the draft were Aaron Curry and Brian Orakbo....

Now I voted for Clausen for these sole facts, people in the stands and in the stadium bring in revenue to our franchise which makes everything run which a new QB/Franchise face would help get butts in seats and create a little excitement. Second Curry and Orakbo are good players but look at their teams, drafting them didn't make a difference in the Win/Loss column for their respective teams, now I want to draft Suh, I think he's a wonderful player and I personally hate to see my team getting run all over but that doesn't neccessary mean we should take him when you consider all things... Last years two top QB"S Sanchez has created a buzz, won some games for the Jets and they are in a better position than if they didn't draft him and Stafford has put some people into the seats in Detriot....

Some of you are right Clausen might not be your prototypical top 5 pick, but he has all the intangibles (pocket presence, leadership, accuracy, a strong arm, in the West Coast offense which we run, toughness, excelling under pressure and most importantly a leader) to be a very good quarterback just like Tom Brady does but wasn't considered a so called "Top 5 pick". All those intangibles are what we need in St. Louis...

BarronWade is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by 39thebeast View Post
    You cant compare a picking a SLB top 3 to picking a DT top 3. 2 Completely different things. A dominant DT has a much greater overall impact on your defense than a SLB. We also cant count on Carriker because he has never played 16 games. You could also argue DT is a bigger need than QB and WR.

Also if the season ends now we are picking in the top 3 with the Bucs and Cleveland. Bucs have their Franchise QB. Who knows what the Browns will do with a new organization coming in. At this point Claussen is a verry likely option at this point
    Quote Originally Posted by Varg6 View Post
    Suh literally makes the entire Defense better if he can do what everyone claims he can do.
    Sorry it took me so long to reply i forgot to reply i read wat you guys said a while ago but just didnt reply.

Beastly: people (on clanram) were saying that he is a can't miss talent. And he deserves to be a top 3 pick even though he is just an OLB. others even said he should play MLB and he is the safest pick in the entire draft.

Also Varg last year some clanram members said that Aaron Curry would change our entire D too. He was drafted apparently we would not need good DL because Curry was there.I wish i can go back to all those posts last year to dig it up.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

I know and I remember them. However, this is DL not LB.

Watching the Texas game, Suh is just SCARY.
    Last edited by Varg6; -12-06-2009 at 12:08 AM.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

shower beers is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Varg6 View Post
    I know and I remember them. However, this is DL not LB.

Watching the Texas game, Suh is just SCARY.

Agreed. His performance in that game almost certainly vaults him to the top of our board.

I also have a feeling that there will be a lot of QBs to choose from at the top of round two.

poejoe8 is offline Registered User

Clausen fans, seriously. You want this guy?

I thought so, Suh it is.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast