throwback week

View Poll Results: Who do you want in Round 2?

Voters
94. You may not vote on this poll
  • Everson Griffen

17 18.09%
  • Golden Tate

22 23.40%
  • Sergio Kindle

32 34.04%
  • Vladimir Ducasse

5 5.32%
  • Brian Price

9 9.57%
  • Lamarr Houston

0 0%
  • Carlos Dunlap

7 7.45%
  • Jonathan Dwyer

0 0%
  • Donald Butler

0 0%
  • Daryl Washington

2 2.13%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Who's your pick for Round 2?

Here are the top 10 players left on my board (with original ranking):

1. Everson Griffen, DE, USC (19)
    2 Golden Tate, WR, Notre Dame (22)
    3. Sergio Kindle, OLB/DE, Texas (23)
    4. Vladimir Ducasse, OT, Massachusetts (30)
    5. Brian Price, DT, UCLA (31)
    6. Lamarr Houston, DT, Texas (33)
    7. Carlos Dunlap, DE, Florida (34)
    8. Jonathan Dwyer, RB, Georgia Tech (37)
    9. Donald Bulter, LB, Washington (39)
    10. Daryl Washington, LB, TCU (41)

Who do you want?

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Re: Who's your pick for Round 2?

IMO, there are two schools of thought if we stay put.

If you want to improve the pass rush, Kindle is probably your best bet. He has the size and speed you look for in an NFL Pass Rusher and, although he looks like an ideal 3-4 OLB, I personally think that at 6'4, 250lbs, he can make the switch to a down lineman. He was a potential top fifteen pick and I think that we have to think long and hard about him. I'd feel a lot better about passing on Suh (I love Bradford, but I won't hide the fact that I think Suh will be the better player) if we could land one of the bess pass-rushers in this class. With that said, he could also make an interesting SAM 'backer. He has prototypical LB size and speed as it stands and we know that he's a great athlete. The SAM position generally requires an emphasis on playing close to the line of scrimmage in order to stuff the run or make a run at the passer and word is he's versatile enough to do either. It is worth noting that he was arrested in 2007 and may not be a Pillar player.

Here are a couple of excerpts from Scott Wright and Mocking The Draft.

A hybrid with the ability to play either defensive end or outside linebacker at the next level --- An extremely talented prospect who can be an impact player as long as he continues to mature and stays out of trouble --- Reminiscent of former teammate Brian Orakpo and should carry a similar grade on Draft Day.
    Has proven that he can play as a defensive end in the 4-3, or an outside linebacker in either the 3-4 or 4-3. Similar to former teammate and Washington Redskin Brian Orakpo- who has excelled at outside linebacker in his rookie season. Kindle actually drove his truck into an apartment in Austin (however no charges were filed). Has grown up considerably in his last two seasons. Kindle is now considered a leader on the team and has shown he can be reliable and responsible.
    Otherwise, you have to consider a lineman. USC's Charles Brown is more of an NFL Left Tackle and some question his ability to play the right side. He's technically raw but I don't think a transition would be impossible. You could hunt down Rodger Saffold, who is certainly a late riser and a better fit if you want to play somebody at guard for a season before moving them outside to replace Alex Barron. Jared Veldheer and Vladimir Ducasse are also possibilities. I like Ducasse a lot as a potential RT.

peramoure is offline Registered User

throw Taylor Mays up there. He's still available.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

It looks like your top five pretty well match the names I brought up in another thread a few minutes ago. Right now I'm leaning toward Brian Price mostly because of concern with Kindle's size. That really will come down to the coaching staff's evaluation, though. Many so-called tweeners have still been effective as down linemen in the NFL, Leonard Little among them.

My board at this point would probably read:

1. Brian Price, DT
    2. Sergio Kindle, DE
    3. Vladimir Ducasse, OT
    4. Golden Tate, WR
    5. Everson Griffen, DE

Strictly on talent, Tate is 1. or 2. but I'm not convinced he's a true #1 receiver, and if he isn't, he'd just be fighting for time with all the other youngsters on the roster.
    Last edited by Goldenfleece; -04-23-2010 at 12:07 AM.

Shan the Ram Man is offline Registered User

First all trade down wasn't a option!

I would hope Rams trade down for some picks and still get the option to draft those players on your list.

I voted DE Carlos Dunlap. Hopefully he will show all the Teams that passed on him how good he is in the NFL.

Richbert88 is offline Registered User

CB Chris Cook Virginia 6-2 212 4.46 great measurables, productive senior season, senior bowl and combine.
    Semper Fi!

The Optimistic Lamb Guest

Belichick said you build from the inside to the outside, and you build from the LOS back. The Rams seem to be doing just that... ILB, C, QB...OT, OG, DT... The idea being you build around your core players. I think next on our list of core players is a legit DT threat or a FS...whichever has the most value.

A) Brian Price -DT
    He's explosive off the line, he can stop the run, he plays with proper leverage, natural speed and agility, great fit for our rotation.

B) Golden Tate -WR
    Can catch anything thrown his way, runs with the awareness and agility of a RB. Can be our X-factor in our west coast offense. Also, his shoes would go great with our uniform.
    Sam + Tate = Greatest Show on Turf?

C) Nate Allen -FS
    a.k.a "Ballhawk". Great technique, extremely instinctive, great size, vocal leader, awesome work ethic. May I reiterate that the Rams brought in South Florida's coach to asses potential prospects. Rams couldn't have better insight into Nate Allen. I think OJ is ridiculous for asking so much. We may sign him for a year, possibly, but it doesn't look to me like he wants to stick around long term...good riddance.

D) Roger Saffold -OT
    Athletic, nimble, and smart. I think the #1 priority is to protect Sam Bradford. If we find out that he is injury prone, we're screwed. BTW Saffold is the only OT still available from Mayock's top 5. Lol, and I respect Mayock's opinion.
    Last edited by The Optimistic Lamb; -04-23-2010 at 12:42 AM.

Ben Tate RB Auburn 5-11 220 4.43
    Semper Fi!

bruce4life is offline Registered User

Kindle is the logical pick but I doubt the rams will take him due to his off the field concerns

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Brian Price is the guy I want. The Rams need a disrupter at the point of attack, and Price fits the bill. He's plays with strength and leverage, has the ability to blow up plays in the backfield, get to the QB and clog up the middle. Great burst to boot.

molar_pistol Guest

i like trading down and picking up ducasse or washington. if we stay put, i like price or griffen.

my god there are a ton of quality players left, sure would be nice to have about three 2nd rounders right now.
    Semper Fi!

ShOwT1m3 Guest

Personally I think Tate should be the pick. I think another weapon will help Sam and possibly help the return game? If not then I say either Kindle or Price

Dwight Frye is offline Registered User

I think Ben Tate may be there in the 3rd, but yeah ... War Damn Eagle!

I say Golden Tate.

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

well if theres no trade down i`d go with either Griffin,Brian Price or Damian Williams.(all prospects who could very well still be there after trading down a few places..)

Kindle is the stand out prospect..but will he be off our draft board due to both the off the field issues in the past and perhaps more suited to playing OLB in a 3-4 than our 4-3?

theres the 3 O-linemen in Campbell,Brown & Saffold worth consideration..but Campbell got durability concerns,Brown wouldnt be a good fit at RT,imo (tho he could take over at LT in a year and Smith stay at RT) Saffold i like..but not sure if he has a true position he would be great in..he`d be serviceable in most of the positions..but i can`t help but think that he`d be similar to what we already have in Greco..i like Greco..but i`m not selecting him at 33 in this deep draft class..when i know what is still available.

Daryl Washington..i like a lot..needs to bulk up some more..but he`s got the frame to be able to do it..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast