Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    punahou is online now Registered User

Re: Why I think Sam Bradford should be our guy

Quote Originally Posted by RockinRam View Post
    Huh...if that was indeed what he was implying, my apologies.

But, even though Suh has been reported as a once in a decade DT, some scouts have called Bradford the most accuracte QB to come out in years.

correct

Suh is toutned as a once in a (insert your paradigm)

while Bradford is jsut another Qb coming out.

IMO Id rather have SUH and either get another qb this year in the draft or wait til next year.

Do we all think Bradford will start this year? given this staffs extreemly conservative methodology?

if Bradford doesnt start this year-- then Suh has got to be the pick.

Bralidore(RAMMODE) is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by punahou View Post
    correct

Suh is toutned as a once in a (insert your paradigm)

while Bradford is jsut another Qb coming out.

IMO Id rather have SUH and either get another qb this year in the draft or wait til next year.

Do we all think Bradford will start this year? given this staffs extreemly conservative methodology?

if Bradford doesnt start this year-- then Suh has got to be the pick.
    With you methods we'd be picking the once in a decade kick returner over a great QB prospect because a few scouts have been calling the kick returner "once in a decade" and they haven't done so with the Qb...

See how silly it sounds now? Btw as ive stated earlier, scouts have called Bradford the best QB prospect they've seen coming out since Manning, so that kind of debunks your whole deal there.

And why on earth does a guy HAVE to start this year anyway? Any reason for saying that?

You realize we have other draft picks at the top of every round and 10 total, all of which could win starting jobs and contribute next year?

If Bradford doesn't come in and start right away it doesn't mean you have to get Suh..indeed I can't really understand that line fo thinking at all...

Who's to say Suh would come in and start right away?

CanadianRamsFan is offline Registered User

My guess on Bradford starting is that he will have to win the job in TC, just like jason smith had to last year. Personally i like that idea, if he proves he is good enough to be the Starting Qb in TC then he should be our guy. That way we have our best QB playing each game.

TakeSuh is offline Registered User

what if suh played qb and dline? OMG OMG OMFG I JUST POOPED A LITTLE would be the reaction of our whole fan base.

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianRamsFan View Post
    My guess on Bradford starting is that he will have to win the job in TC, just like jason smith had to last year. Personally i like that idea, if he proves he is good enough to be the Starting Qb in TC then he should be our guy. That way we have our best QB playing each game.
    If he doesn't start in Week 1, we need to fire our head of scouting. The money he's making dictates that he plays. It is unacceptable for the highest paid player in franchise history to not start from Week 1.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by PeoriaRam View Post
    If he doesn't start in Week 1, we need to fire our head of scouting. The money he's making dictates that he plays. It is unacceptable for the highest paid player in franchise history to not start from Week 1.

I think he has the ability and talent to start from Week 1, but I don't think it's necessarily the best choice of plan for his development.

Quote Originally Posted by Bralidore(RAMMODE) View Post
    With you methods we'd be picking the once in a decade kick returner over a great QB prospect because a few scouts have been calling the kick returner "once in a decade" and they haven't done so with the Qb...

See how silly it sounds now? Btw as ive stated earlier, scouts have called Bradford the best QB prospect they've seen coming out since Manning, so that kind of debunks your whole deal there.

And why on earth does a guy HAVE to start this year anyway? Any reason for saying that?

You realize we have other draft picks at the top of every round and 10 total, all of which could win starting jobs and contribute next year?

If Bradford doesn't come in and start right away it doesn't mean you have to get Suh..indeed I can't really understand that line fo thinking at all...

Who's to say Suh would come in and start right away?
    Good points.

People believe Suh can come in and make an immediate impact. True, compared to Bradford, he MAY start sooner than him, but that doesn't mean he will certainly make a major, noticeable impact. No one knows if his bull rush will hold up against bigger, stronger NFL O-linemen.

I can't wait for the best equipment manager of the century!

Tiko377 is offline Registered User

damn this was a pretty good post and pretty good comments about bradford. I think he would'ev been talked about way more if it wasnt for his injury and people would'ev started talking about him and gushing over him.

I think he has the ability and talent to start from Week 1, but I don't think it's necessarily the best choice of plan for his development.
    If his development necessitates his sitting, then we need to pass on him. The Rams need immediate, Week 1 impact out of this pick simply because of the amount of money they are spending. We can get a Bradford-level QB next year. We can get a QB who would be economical to sit in a later round this year. There is no reason to force this pick.

If his development necessitates his sitting, then we need to pass on him. The Rams need immediate, Week 1 impact out of this pick simply because of the amount of money they are spending. We can get a Bradford-level QB next year. We can get a QB who would be economical to sit in a later round this year. There is no reason to force this pick.
    You said it yourself, there is no reason to force this pick. So why are you forcing Bradford into the field?

If he doesn't start Week 1 then its a blown pick? PErhaps he is on the bench trying to absorb as much as he can before he starts. I have no doubt by at least the mid point of the season, that Bradford will be starting unless feeley or Bulger steps in and leads us to an unbeaten record...

Quote Originally Posted by Bralidore(RAMMODE) View Post
    You said it yourself, there is no reason to force this pick. So why are you forcing Bradford into the field?
    Because we are paying him immediate starter money. If he isn't an immediate starter, we wasted the money. Bradford would be the highest paid player in franchise history. How can the Rams possibly explain his sitting to a fanbase that has been remarkably frigid towards big contracts that do not perform to their pay grade. In this instance, sitting means that you are not performing to your pay grade.

If he doesn't start Week 1 then its a blown pick? PErhaps he is on the bench trying to absorb as much as he can before he starts.
    If he's having trouble learning and absorbing Shurmur's "offense", allow me to register great concern about his intellectual performance both now and in the future.

I have no doubt by at least the mid point of the season, that Bradford will be starting unless feeley or Bulger steps in and leads us to an unbeaten record...
    I'd hope he could pass a washed up 3rd Stringer. Bulger is irrelevant, as he will be cut the day after Bradford signs his contract.

Because we are paying him immediate starter money. If he isn't an immediate starter, we wasted the money. Bradford would be the highest paid player in franchise history. How can the Rams possibly explain his sitting to a fanbase that has been remarkably frigid towards big contracts that do not perform to their pay grade. In this instance, sitting means that you are not performing to your pay grade.
    Sitting him down for several weeks and letting him absorb knowledge from coaches and veterans is protecting our investment so to say. Starting him from week 1 isn't a bad idea, but if we want to get the most out of him, we don't start him.

If he's having trouble learning and absorbing Shurmur's "offense", allow me to register great concern about his intellectual performance both now and in the future.
    It's not a matter of having trouble learning a new offense. It's trying to absorb as much knowledge, tips, hints as possible to succeed.

A waxed car always shines better....

SLSG is offline Registered User

I guess the Packers shouldn't have drafted Rodgers since it took him 3 years to start ?

Quote Originally Posted by SLSG View Post
    I guess the Packers shouldn't have drafted Rodgers since it took him 3 years to start ?
    Aaron Rodgers signed a $7.7 million rookie contract that could become $24.5 million with incentives. Bradford's contract will be $50 million more than the maximum of Rodgers. These are not similar situations. It is fine for Rodgers to sit, because he isn't chewing up a massive chunk of the Packers' payroll.

Sitting him down for several weeks and letting him absorb knowledge from coaches and veterans is protecting our investment so to say. Starting him from week 1 isn't a bad idea, but if we want to get the most out of him, we don't start him.

It's not a matter of having trouble learning a new offense. It's trying to absorb as much knowledge, tips, hints as possible to succeed.
    He has all of training camp to absorb that knowledge. The entire season should be dedicated to putting it into practice. Especially since he should be able to learn Shurmur's playbook in about a week. (How many variations on the basic 3 yard slant can there possibly be?)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast