Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    thickandthin is offline Registered User

Why I think we should take Blackmon

I am thinking of who the Rams should take with their first couple of picks in the 2011 draft, specifically their 1st pick.

First let's look at our biggest needs, in my opinion.

1. WR

2.OLB

3.OG

Those are honestly, the holes we absolutely need. Other areas we can add depth to include: RB, CB, DT,DE,S

A speedy RB that can change up the pace to SJ39 is at the top of my wish list. Also, I would LOVE to add a safety that we can groom to play alongside Atogwe. Obviously, I feel like these are back end round picks, so let's get to my case for our top picks.

Justin Blackmon

6'1 205 WR Oklahoma State

Redshirt Sophomore

2010 STATS
    RECEPTIONS:111 YARDS:1,782 TOUCHDOWNS:20

Yeah, that is quite the 2010 year. Here is a highlight video against arguably the top corner in college football.

YouTube - Justin Blackmon vs. Prince Amukamara (2010)

Gotta love that highlight right there. He did a little bit of everything which included Catching different ways(coming back to the ball, going up and getting it), he blocked, and was a decoy. He has good size and resembles his counter part from last year in Dez Bryant. The thing I like most about him is that he is a passionate guy that wants to win and be great. I watched some of his interviews and he always is praising his teammates and coaches.

His 40 time is around the 4.5's but I have read on many sites that he plays so much faster than that, same with his size. He is a monster, but is pretty raw on route running and blocking, but that comes with experience. The guy can stretch the field just as good as anyone in the country, and the best part, he finishes his plays. He got Prince on a couple pass interference's and also caught a couple deep ones.

It's gonna be tough to get Blackmon I am afraid. He had a great bowl game, and I feel he will run a great 40 time to really wow some scouts. I think he will be a fast riser, but hopefully we can still get him.

Re: Why I think we should take Blackmon

oops sorry... could someone move this to Draft/FA section??

Rich86 is offline Registered User

blackmon reminds me of a hybrid of boldin and roddy white. i used to be in love with the tall receivers but i'm starting to think that's vastly overrated especially with bradford's accuracy. if he is on the board i don't see how you pass. dude had 150 yards against oklahoma with a broken foot. just a beast

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

Wow honestly after watching this game highlights and some other I'm pretty impressed by Blackmon! Couple of ignorance questions.. hes a redshirt sophmore so that means he is eligible for draft correct? I also like his attitude in his interviews, very much like the Rams type of guy and love him being a competitive guy. Is he entering draft? Seems like he'd be a good match up with Bradford...

Quote Originally Posted by Rich86 View Post
    blackmon reminds me of a hybrid of boldin and roddy white. i used to be in love with the tall receivers but i'm starting to think that's vastly overrated especially with bradford's accuracy. if he is on the board i don't see how you pass. dude had 150 yards against oklahoma with a broken foot. just a beast
    If he was 5'11" I'd still be in love with him. he's like a non-injured DX (who can probly catch in the clutch moments )

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Yeah he is good, but he is basically no comparison to A.J Green. I would love to trade up and get him just because he is the complete receiver. Blackmon is a nice consolation prize, although I dont think he will last until 14.

Quote Originally Posted by ZiaRam View Post
    Wow honestly after watching this game highlights and some other I'm pretty impressed by Blackmon! Couple of ignorance questions.. hes a redshirt sophmore so that means he is eligible for draft correct? I also like his attitude in his interviews, very much like the Rams type of guy and love him being a competitive guy. Is he entering draft? Seems like he'd be a good match up with Bradford...
    I think he is entering but not 100% sure.
    and I do LOVE players who fight for every inch of the field!

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    Yeah he is good, but he is basically no comparison to A.J Green. I would love to trade up and get him just because he is the complete receiver. Blackmon is a nice consolation prize, although I dont think he will last until 14.
    I would love a scenario where we get Green, but I just have a feeling that we will be able to get Blackmon.

1. Carolina (2-14)
    2. Denver (4-12)
    3. Buffalo (4-12)
    4. Cincinnati (4-12)
    5. Arizona (5-11)
    6. Cleveland (5-11)
    7. San Francisco (6-10)
    8. Tennessee (6-10)
    9. Dallas (6-10)
    10. Washington (6-10)
    11. Houston (6-10)
    12. Minnesota (6-10)
    13. Detroit (6-10)
    14. St. Louis (7-9)

Who do we see here getting a WR as of right now? I can see over half of them possibly taking one as of right now: Denver, Buffalo, Cinn., Clev, Tenn., Wash., Houston, Det.

1. Carolina (2-14) probly a QB

2. Denver (4-12) They had like the league leader in receptions (or was it yards?) so I don't think so

3. Buffalo (4-12) probly but then again I'm not really familiar with this team so idk.

4. Cincinnati (4-12) They have TO and Ochocinco so probly not.

5. Arizona (5-11) again they have Fitz and Breaston, they'll probly take a QB

6. Cleveland (5-11) I think they'll probly take a DL or OL, but they could go for a WR so they can help McCoy a bit, also a RB is another possibility.

7. San Francisco (6-10) They've got Crabtree, Morgan, and Davis, they'll probly take someone for their secondary.

8. Tennessee (6-10) Moss, Gage, and I think they have another pretty good reciever, I think they'll take someone for their aging OL, or a QB if they aren't happy with VY.

9. Dallas (6-10) just flat out no. they have Bryant, Williams, Austin, and Witten, idk who they'll take, they have so much talent idk why they suck so bad haha.

10. Washington (6-10) I can see them take a WR.

11. Houston (6-10) they have Johnson, but they also have Daniels and Kevin Walter, they could go LB or CB.

12. Minnesota (6-10) I can see them getting a WR but only if they lose Rice, but they'll probly go for the DT with the Williams getting up there in age, or help out their secondary.

13. Detroit (6-10) They have Johnson and Burleson, my money is on them getting someone on the OL to help keep Stafford up for longer than half the season.

14. St. Louis (7-9) And then here's us, there's a possibility he falls to us.

Rich86 is offline Registered User

i dont even know why green is the consensus #1 when he was pretty much on lock against a random ucf corner in the liberty bowl. it's not like 07 with megatron when he was the can't miss wide out. green and jones have just been praised since high school despite never really reaching those levels at the college level. i don't think blackmon has ever been stopped, injured or anything. he's way too powerful to get jammed up like a lanky green.

Quote Originally Posted by thickandthin View Post
    1. Carolina (2-14) probly a QB

2. Denver (4-12) They had like the league leader in receptions (or was it yards?) so I don't think so

3. Buffalo (4-12) probly but then again I'm not really familiar with this team so idk.

4. Cincinnati (4-12) They have TO and Ochocinco so probly not.

5. Arizona (5-11) again they have Fitz and Breaston, they'll probly take a QB

6. Cleveland (5-11) I think they'll probly take a DL or OL, but they could go for a WR so they can help McCoy a bit, also a RB is another possibility.

7. San Francisco (6-10) They've got Crabtree, Morgan, and Davis, they'll probly take someone for their secondary.

8. Tennessee (6-10) Moss, Gage, and I think they have another pretty good reciever, I think they'll take someone for their aging OL, or a QB if they aren't happy with VY.

9. Dallas (6-10) just flat out no. they have Bryant, Williams, Austin, and Witten, idk who they'll take, they have so much talent idk why they suck so bad haha.

10. Washington (6-10) I can see them take a WR.

11. Houston (6-10) they have Johnson, but they also have Daniels and Kevin Walter, they could go LB or CB.

12. Minnesota (6-10) I can see them getting a WR but only if they lose Rice, but they'll probly go for the DT with the Williams getting up there in age, or help out their secondary.

13. Detroit (6-10) They have Johnson and Burleson, my money is on them getting someone on the OL to help keep Stafford up for longer than half the season.

14. St. Louis (7-9) And then here's us, there's a possibility he falls to us.
    3. Buffalo- needs some bad help at WR on the offensive side of the ball.

4. Cinn.- They already said Chad is gone after this year if marvin stays as HC and TO is a UFA and talked shyte about the coaching staff. He's gone to.

5. Arizonia- Breaston is a UFA but I do see them taking a QB unless they think Skelton will keep them decent if so a WR might be in need since Boldin left.

6. Clevelend- The browns almost have as bad a WR core as we do if not worse.

8. Tenn- Ya good point but could seem them if they dont go QB or OL go with BPA and get a WR.

9. Dallas- LMAO! I love your take on the cowpokes... Except Jerry Jones is kinda like Al Davis with WR's and crap you never know...

10. Washington- I can see them taking one to they need one!!!

11. Houston- could get someone to complment Mr. Johnson.

12. Minn.- If they lose Rice I'd bet they go WR and hopefully we get Rice so we can go elsewhere with pick!

13. Detriot- Always take high round WR so why not again right? lol

i dont even know why green is the consensus #1 when he was pretty much on lock against a random ucf corner in the liberty bowl. it's not like 07 with megatron when he was the can't miss wide out. green and jones have just been praised since high school despite never really reaching those levels at the college level. i don't think blackmon has ever been stopped, injured or anything. he's way too powerful to get jammed up like a lanky green.
    if we dont get a WR in FA for a #1 then I hope this is true and we can hopefully snag Blackmon at 14!.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

A.J Green is better than Blackmon. He actually runs routes other than the 9. Literally all of Blackmon's highlights are him going deep. Green is much bigger, way better hands, faster, and didn't get busted for a DUI. And just a little info, he is the best WR to come out since Calvin Johnson.

If we pass on this guy we will lose big time. He will be a terrific player, and it would just be a priveledge to get to watch Bradford and Green hook up!

RockinRam is offline Registered User

I'm not a huge fan of Blackmon, but I wouldn't mind if we drafted him. I prefer Green or Floyd.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast