Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 29 of 29
  1. #16
    thickandthin's Avatar
    thickandthin is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    460
    Rep Power
    7

    Re: Why I think we should take Blackmon

    Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    A.J Green is better than Blackmon. He actually runs routes other than the 9. Literally all of Blackmon's highlights are him going deep. Green is much bigger, way better hands, faster, and didn't get busted for a DUI. And just a little info, he is the best WR to come out since Calvin Johnson.

    If we pass on this guy we will lose big time. He will be a terrific player, and it would just be a priveledge to get to watch Bradford and Green hook up!
    yes that's because they are highlights.. explosive plays, he's a very good receiver to get at 14. he runs pretty smooth routes.

    Quote Originally Posted by RockinRam View Post
    I'm not a huge fan of Blackmon, but I wouldn't mind if we drafted him. I prefer Green or Floyd.
    Malcolm Floyd is a good player. but if I had to choose between the three I would go Green first, then Blackmon, and last Floyd.


  2. #17
    sosa39rams's Avatar
    sosa39rams is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, On
    Posts
    5,181
    Rep Power
    43

    Re: Why I think we should take Blackmon

    Quote Originally Posted by thickandthin View Post
    yes that's because they are highlights.. explosive plays, he's a very good receiver to get at 14. he runs pretty smooth routes.


    Malcolm Floyd is a good player. but if I had to choose between the three I would go Green first, then Blackmon, and last Floyd.
    You're right, I don't want to downgrade Blackmon, but he just isn't as good as Green. And I am pretty sure Rockin was talking about Michael Floyd.

  3. #18
    RockinRam's Avatar
    RockinRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    4,038
    Rep Power
    43

    Re: Why I think we should take Blackmon

    Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    You're right, I don't want to downgrade Blackmon, but he just isn't as good as Green. And I am pretty sure Rockin was talking about Michael Floyd.
    Yeah I was talking about Michael Floyd, not Malcolm Floyd from the Chargers.

    Again, Floyd to me has the same skillset as Green, except he is a bit less quick, and is more injury-prone. However, he is more physical than the lanky Green.


    Floyd = Larry Fitzgerald

    Green = Randy Moss/Calvin Johnson

  4. #19
    Nick's Avatar
    Nick is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Morgantown, WV
    Age
    31
    Posts
    18,908
    Rep Power
    147

    Re: Why I think we should take Blackmon

    Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    Yeah he is good, but he is basically no comparison to A.J Green. I would love to trade up and get him just because he is the complete receiver. Blackmon is a nice consolation prize, although I dont think he will last until 14.
    A.J. Green is not getting out of the top six. He's probably not getting out of the top four. The Rams have spent three years shelling out mega-deals to top draft picks. It's highly unlikely they're going to trade up to the top of the order to take Green, especially when there are other talented receivers in this class. I think you need to start bracing yourself for this.

  5. #20
    LongBlood's Avatar
    LongBlood is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Visalia, Cali
    Age
    33
    Posts
    147
    Rep Power
    6

    Re: Why I think we should take Blackmon

    How these picks are used will be key for the Rams in 2011. I agree that Green won't be around. I think the best value will be in the 2nd round at WR for the Rams, which means addressing another position with the 1st round pick, or trading it. Trading down could put the Rams in a scenario to trade for a WR that's already been in the league a yr or two and about to "pop" in terms of production. When GM's are reshuffled, it does sometimes lead to high picks being given-up on at a lower cost than what the buyer paid. That's prob. the ideal situation. What's Crabtree's value at now and D. Thomas?

  6. #21
    39thebeast's Avatar
    39thebeast is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    conecticut
    Posts
    2,740
    Rep Power
    37

    Re: Why I think we should take Blackmon

    Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    A.J. Green is not getting out of the top six. He's probably not getting out of the top four. The Rams have spent three years shelling out mega-deals to top draft picks. It's highly unlikely they're going to trade up to the top of the order to take Green, especially when there are other talented receivers in this class. I think you need to start bracing yourself for this.
    He probably isn't going to fall but thats the same thing they said about Michael Crabtree. Receivers tend to fall in the draft

  7. #22
    Nick's Avatar
    Nick is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Morgantown, WV
    Age
    31
    Posts
    18,908
    Rep Power
    147

    Re: Why I think we should take Blackmon

    Quote Originally Posted by 39thebeast View Post
    He probably isn't going to fall but thats the same thing they said about Michael Crabtree. Receivers tend to fall in the draft
    They've fallen when they aren't considered elite prospects or have character concerns. There were a number of bad pre-draft reports about Crabtree's attitude being diva-like. When they are considered outstanding pro prospects (Calvin Johnson), teams aren't afraid to take them high.

  8. #23
    BarronWade's Avatar
    BarronWade is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,415
    Rep Power
    23

    Re: Why I think we should take Blackmon

    Honestly Thickandthin i agree with you on taking Blackmon. I was so high Julio Jones until i watched the capital 1 bowl vs. michigan state. Jones barely gets separation on the outside. he was making most of his plays from the slot. The Rams need another outside WR to play opposite of Clayton/Avery. Not an inside receiver because Illinois mike and Amendola do a decent job in the middle.

  9. #24
    berg8309's Avatar
    berg8309 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    1,853
    Rep Power
    41

    Re: Why I think we should take Blackmon

    If rumors of Blackmon being a diva are true, I would rather pass. Other than that, I haven't seen him outside that highlight clip. Does he look good on the clip? Yea, but it's a highlight clip, of course he looks good. There is a lot more to a receiver than running a deep route, then a deep route, then to mix things up, a stutter with a deep route. What else can he do? That clip doesn't show me, except for one instance of decent blocking.

  10. #25
    Systemlangstaff's Avatar
    Systemlangstaff is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    New York
    Age
    29
    Posts
    95
    Rep Power
    8

    Re: Why I think we should take Blackmon

    There's no doubt he falls to us, either way, him or Jones I'd be satified. AJ will atop my wish list until April but we all know it won't happen.

  11. #26
    RockinRam's Avatar
    RockinRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    4,038
    Rep Power
    43

    Re: Why I think we should take Blackmon

    Personally, skill-wise Blackmon reminds me of Michael Crabtree.

  12. #27
    thickandthin's Avatar
    thickandthin is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    460
    Rep Power
    7

    Re: Why I think we should take Blackmon

    Quote Originally Posted by RockinRam View Post
    Personally, skill-wise Blackmon reminds me of Michael Crabtree.
    is this a bad thing?

  13. #28
    RockinRam's Avatar
    RockinRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    4,038
    Rep Power
    43

    Re: Why I think we should take Blackmon

    Quote Originally Posted by thickandthin View Post
    is this a bad thing?
    Not too sure. I do see Blackmon as a better prospect than Crabtree though.

    Some similarities are:

    Both are hailed as having terrific hands.
    Both were not considered to be the best route runners.
    Both are very physical.
    Same body size mostly.
    Both possess enough speed to be dangerous, but they are not burners.
    Both have the around the same quickness.
    Both have great hand eye coordination. And body control.
    Both posted great numbers in their respective college system which are both pass heavy.

    There's more but I think that should suffice.



    The problem is that I haven't necessarily been impressed with Crabtree so far in his career. However, this could be due to OC changes, QB changes, QB being bad, scheme, etc.


    Skill and ability wise, he reminds me of Crabtree. But theres no saying if his career will go the route of Crabtree, because it will probably go better, since he's a bit more talented IMO.

  14. #29
    thickandthin's Avatar
    thickandthin is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    460
    Rep Power
    7

    Re: Why I think we should take Blackmon

    Quote Originally Posted by RockinRam View Post
    Not too sure. I do see Blackmon as a better prospect than Crabtree though.

    Some similarities are:

    Both are hailed as having terrific hands.
    Both were not considered to be the best route runners.
    Both are very physical.
    Same body size mostly.
    Both possess enough speed to be dangerous, but they are not burners.
    Both have the around the same quickness.
    Both have great hand eye coordination. And body control.
    Both posted great numbers in their respective college system which are both pass heavy.

    There's more but I think that should suffice.



    The problem is that I haven't necessarily been impressed with Crabtree so far in his career. However, this could be due to OC changes, QB changes, QB being bad, scheme, etc.


    Skill and ability wise, he reminds me of Crabtree. But theres no saying if his career will go the route of Crabtree, because it will probably go better, since he's a bit more talented IMO.
    sounds promising.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. "Just-Makes-Plays" Blackmon
    By Bralidore(RAMMODE) in forum DRAFT & FA
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: -01-02-2011, 03:02 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •