Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Re: Why not wait and draft locker??

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    First of all, if the Rams are planning to have a high enough pick to get Locker next year, then their entire Front Office and coaching staff should be fired.

Second, look what a difference a year can make. Last year at this time, Sam Bradford looked like a franchise QB. Now he has to overcome questions regarding an injury. The same thing could happen to Locker.

Other QBs have seen their stock fall over the last year due to peformance (Jevan Snead), size concerns (Colt McCoy) and technique issues (Tim Tebow).

There are a lot of things the Rams must consider in deciding whether to take Bradford. The prospect of taking Locker in a year is not one of them.
    I don't think they are planning to tank so much as they are assuming that we won't be good enough to make more than a 3 or 4 game improvement. I also think that most of your presumptive bad teams will have grabbed their QBs of the moment prior to the 2011 Draft.

OldSchoolRamFan is offline Registered User

Saying we're "waiting for Locker" makes no sense whatsoever. The team may decide to not draft QB with the first pick (I hope they don't) and may take a QB later on and....and.....and... THEN next off season comes and the plan is made accordingly. Setting all that aside, I do find it amusing when people claim that so and so, primarily Tebow, "is going to be terrible." To me this sounds more like a sheeple response to some "pundit" that knows it all. Tebow (or some other prospect) MAY be terrible, may NOT be terrible, or may be mediocre, but hey, I guess bold undeducated highly predictive statements are what rules the day this time of year.
    Steve

What you see is what you get, but what you see depends on where you stand.

01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolRamFan View Post
    Saying we're "waiting for Locker" makes no sense whatsoever. The team may decide to not draft QB with the first pick (I hope they don't) and may take a QB later on and....and.....and... THEN next off season comes and the plan is made accordingly. Setting all that aside, I do find it amusing when people claim that so and so, primarily Tebow, "is going to be terrible." To me this sounds more like a sheeple response to some "pundit" that knows it all. Tebow (or some other prospect) MAY be terrible, may NOT be terrible, or may be mediocre, but hey, I guess bold undeducated highly predictive statements are what rules the day this time of year.
    People like Dan LeFevour and Tony Pike have a good chance to be starting QB's in this league, if we draft one of them in the third there is really now reason to go after Locker next year.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by 01d 0rd3r View Post
    People like Dan LeFevour and Tony Pike have a good chance to be starting QB's in this league, if we draft one of them in the third there is really now reason to go after Locker next year.
    How do you come to that conclusion? I'm looking through the teams, and the results don't look too good for mid-round quarterbacks. Current starting quarterbacks drafted in the second round include Drew Brees (pick #32), Brett Favre (pick #33), and Chad Henne (pick #57). Kolb (pick #36) might join that list in the next year or two. Trent Edwards and Matt Schaub are the only current starting quarterbacks I know of that came from the third round. Then there are Orton and Garrard from the fourth. At least half the teams in the league are starting a first rounder.

History suggests that if we draft a guy in the third round (or a third round talent earlier than that), he's probably not going to be a starter. The best second round guys on that list are the ones who just barely dropped out of the first round. My sense is that if in the second round we don't feel lucky that a particular quarterback is still available, he's not our guy. By the third round, we shouldn't even be thinking that we're getting a starting quarterback. We're getting a backup who might one day start.
    Last edited by Goldenfleece; -03-05-2010 at 12:39 AM.

01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenfleece View Post
    How do you come to that conclusion?
    Watching them play.

rammiser is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolRamFan View Post
    Since you are talking about my uneducated statement that I think Tebow is going to be terrible I will respond accordingly. My opinion that he is going to be terrible does not make it un-educated. For one I am not in rare company to feel this way. The guy played for one of colleges best football teams with tons of talent around him and yet he still never showed that he is a good qb. Sure he can scramble and run the ball in a college offense but so could Alex Smith, and that guy is just barely starting to show signs that he is somewhat figuring it out, 5 years later. By the way Tebow and Smith played in the same offense in case you were wondering.

Why is it when stating an opinion that Tebow will be terrible is uneducated? You never qualify a player by labeling him bad or good? I find that very hard to believe. In no way do I think saying Tebow will be terrible to be a bold statement at all. As a matter of fact it would have been more bold had I said Tebow is going to be a good NFL qb. I do not and have not ever claimed to know it all and never will. Well at least i have amused someone, whether is was intentional or not. I will however continue posting my uneducated amusing posts unless I lose all ten fingers in some freak accident, because I do not have the patience to type with my nose.
    Just Fix It

Warner4prez Guest

Quote Originally Posted by rob6465 View Post
    Chances are we'll have a high pick next year and heard that 2011 will be stocked with better QB prospects. Why not draft Suh and go WR and other areas and draft Locker/eenum or ponder in 2011.
    We've had that great results-producing 'wait and see next year' attitude for the past three seasons now. If this team doesn't do something now to prove not only to fans, but their own players that they are committed to moving forward and truly progressing, the fallout in the locker room would probably be pretty drastic.
    And do you really want to spend another season losing, just to hope we draft the right QB next year? Nothing is guaranteed in the NFL, neither this year nor next year.

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Warner4prez View Post
    We've had that great results-producing 'wait and see next year' attitude for the past three seasons now. If this team doesn't do something now to prove not only to fans, but their own players that they are committed to moving forward and truly progressing, the fallout in the locker room would probably be pretty drastic.
    And do you really want to spend another season losing, just to hope we draft the right QB next year? Nothing is guaranteed in the NFL, neither this year nor next year.
    The first two losing seasons came under a completely different regime, operating under the "win now" philosophy that many claim the Rams should work on this offseason. If we had gone with a different philosophy then, we wouldn't need to "wait and see next year" now.

ludairv is offline Registered User

I've been a Rams fan for 45yrs. so don't take this the wrong way. But could we draft a better QB next yr. and get the big guy this yr. QBs next yr have less ? marks.

Chat with Kevin, Stlouisrams.com
    David, Next year's draft class always looks appealing a year out, but the reality may not always match up to the dream. A year ago, everybody thought this might be the best QB class in the draft for a long time, and now you hear many draft pundits say this year's class is weaker than most. I'm not saying we agree or disagree with them, but the same draftniks were saying a year ago what potential this year's QB had and now are saying the opposite.

.....thoughts?? u can read the rest of the Q&A he answers alot of these debate questions.... GG..

CanadianRamsFan is offline Registered User

Lets just wait until Peyton Manning V 2.0 comes out. Hell if we are going to draft a QB lets wait till he is awesome and has ZERO ?. Oh... what?... There isn't a prospect like that?...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12