Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Re: Why The St.Louis Rams Should Not Draft Ndamukong Suh

Quote Originally Posted by sdobbers View Post
    They'll be the backup to our 2011 pick? The one you want to take in the first round (Locker/Mallet) who are going to want uber-bucks? Just like if we draft a QB this year?

Not saying Suh's a bad pick, he's a great pick in fact (according to college stats). Just saying that eventually we'll in all likely hood have to pay a QB uber-bucks no matter what.
    a QB will only be getting "uber-bucks" if we take him in the first round

if we get a QB in round two or later, like was suggested with LeFevour, we wont be paying him "uber-bucks", he would be getting a fairly regular NFL contract

ImOnFire15 is offline Registered User

I dont want Suh, trade down.

sdobbers is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk247 View Post
    a QB will only be getting "uber-bucks" if we take him in the first round

if we get a QB in round two or later, like was suggested with LeFevour, we wont be paying him "uber-bucks", he would be getting a fairly regular NFL contract
    I was mostly commenting on the part where he said if he doesn't work out, we'll just draft another in 2011. I was under the assumption that the 2011 pick he was talking about was Locker/Mallet...meaning 'uber-bucks' for that person. Sorry if I was unclear, or misunderstood something.

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

They'll be the backup to our 2011 pick? The one you want to take in the first round (Locker/Mallet) who are going to want uber-bucks? Just like if we draft a QB this year?

Not saying Suh's a bad pick, he's a great pick in fact (according to college stats). Just saying that eventually we'll in all likely hood have to pay a QB uber-bucks no matter what.
    Of course. But with LeFervour or McCoy, the uberbucks would come with the second contract.

sdobbers is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by PeoriaRam View Post
    Of course. But with LeFervour or McCoy, the uberbucks would come with the second contract.
    I understand the argument he was making .... I guess I was just trying to point out that we shouldn't rule out taking a QB cause we're afraid of paying them uber-bucks, cause eventually we're going to have to do it eventually. Now I'm not saying that we absolutely have to take Clausen/Bradford, I'm just saying that that excuse isn't very...good?

I'm still torn between Suh/Clausen...they're both good imo, I guess we'll have to see what DSpags decides.

Blankman17 is offline Registered User

Let me retool my argument a bit.

I think that perhaps we have a better chance at spending the uber-bucks on a better shot at a starting QB next year than this.

You essentially roll the dice with Jimmy, Colt or Sam the latter two are banged up as is and yeah, Jimmy has the potential to produce...but we haven't seen much leading to that. Am I blaming that solely on him? Heavens no. Notre Dame was essentially Jimmy and Golden Tate.

Still, this is a project and I think we all realize that.

I'm a defensive guy, I make no bones about it. I think that Suh could help shore up the front four, give James and the back seven breathing room and maybe up and surprise us themselves.

You look at snagging (broken record alert) a Riley Skinner or LeFevour, get a nice solid contract along with a pretty darn good prospect and at least a serviceable QB. Who knows what might become of them?

Now in 2011, we take a look at guys like Locker, Mallett, etc. Either of those guys I would snap up in a heartbeat to put at the controls of this offense.

If I had to draft offense, I'd draft Jimmy and cross my fingers

If I could draft the BPA, every single analyst seems to agree that the boy named Suh is it. This'll go back and forth, I know, but it just seems more prudent to me to almost take a "Ravens" approach, get a suffocating D and add in your offensive components to get you to .500, go from there.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

I was mostly commenting on the part where he said if he doesn't work out, we'll just draft another in 2011. I was under the assumption that the 2011 pick he was talking about was Locker/Mallet...meaning 'uber-bucks' for that person. Sorry if I was unclear, or misunderstood something.
    Unless there's a rookie wage scale in place for the 2011 draft.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12