Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    RebelYell is offline Registered User

Re: Why the St. Louis Rams Should Trade for Jason Campbell

Jason Campbell is developing but at this point he's 4 years into his career and he's roughly about the 22nd rated QB in the league. He is pretty much equal to David Garrard. If everything is great around him and the defense is premier, these are the type of QBs that will be good enough to get the job done. They will NEVER be the types of QBs to go out and win a game for you. I'd rather have Kyle Orton.

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by thickandthin View Post
    ummmmmmm what can I say...? oh yeah FALSE. We have a much better line than the skins, IDK why everyone thinks that our line sucks... well news flash to everyone.. our line does not suck. they don't have better recievers "per-say" just experienced we have good recievers just not a TE like Cooley.
    No...Washington has a better line. They don't run an offense that has the ball out of the QB's hands in about 2 seconds 90% of the time like us, because the danger of the QB going down after 3 seconds just isn't as pronounced there.

Oh and Santana Moss is better than any wideout we have.

Head Slap is offline Registered User

despite all that he does have an respectable 86 qb rating amidst all the Redskin turmoil he has handles with class btw

however hes put the ball on the ground 30 times and lost 12 of them

numbers aside do you really think he can take the rams father than say AJ could?

Quote Originally Posted by Head Slap View Post

numbers aside do you really think he can take the rams father than say AJ could?
    Farther than a guy who has had a solid death grip on the 3rd string spot for multiple teams the last few seasons? Yes.

Head Slap is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by PeoriaRam View Post
    Farther than a guy who has had a solid death grip on the 3rd string spot for multiple teams the last few seasons? Yes.
    so you hope to be a game above 500 in 3 years. if that is the goal the I agree yes

clarasDK is offline Registered User

Just a thought. What pick would it cost us to trade for Haynesworth and Campbell for Carriker and x pick?

That would alove us to either take Bradford and let him learn behind Campbell for a year or two and still improve our Defence or take Suh and have one of the best D-lines in the NFL and still have a starter quality QB in place for the next many years.

Quote Originally Posted by Head Slap View Post
    so you hope to be a game above 500 in 3 years. if that is the goal the I agree yes
    You mistook what I meant. I merely consider Campbell to be better than Feeley. I don't consider either to be good options at quarterback.

AlwaysBackwards is offline Registered User

Getting Campbell would allow us to draft one of the two stud DT's but I'd rather go with Bradford because he has greater upside and is more of a long-term solution than Campbell. I think Campbell would just be preventing the unpreventable, which is the Rams finally taking a chance on a Franchise QB.

cfh128 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by dave626 View Post
    Id take Cambell and Haynesworth, while still maintaining our first 2 picks maybe even our first 3, Cambell is a starter at QB, for our offense he would suffice, Haynesworth would be the best DT we've had since Iv been a fan of the Rams 95. This one deal could turn us around in a heartbeat, and use the 2-3 top picks to ugrade other positions. or get Suh too and have the best D line in football.
    Are you suggesting that we could possibly trade for Campbell AND Haynesworth for a 4th round pick? CMON MAN! If that was possible don't you think 3/4 of the teams in the NFL would have made that offer by now?

berg8309 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by cfh128 View Post
    Are you suggesting that we could possibly trade for Campbell AND Haynesworth for a 4th round pick? CMON MAN! If that was possible don't you think 3/4 of the teams in the NFL would have made that offer by now?
    Maybe not, even with Haynesworth getting his $21 mil bonus already, his cap hit is still huge and he is still owed a lot of money, to go along with his bad attitude and reduced production once he got that big deal. Sure his production would be above the level of a 4th rounder by a long shot, but his contract might seriously handicap some teams, as that is a lot of money to tie up into a DT.

Plus most teams would probably rather wait for Campbell to become a free agent if they want him, and if they don't, why would they want him thrown in the deal for Haynesworth? He'd eat up their cap and be an unhappy camper as a backup.

Plus a 4th is pretty ridiculously low....

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

I feel like the only reason people are high on Campbell is because they want Suh. Face the fact.. Campbell did OK at best in Washington, with a better team all around.

You expect him to come here and randomly preform like Joe Montana?

molar_pistol is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    I feel like the only reason people are high on Campbell is because they want Suh. Face the fact.. Campbell did OK at best in Washington, with a better team all around.

You expect him to come here and randomly preform like Joe Montana?
    first of all, who said anything about joe montana? guy is a solid qb that fits what we need, he hasn't been terrific but he's never really been given a chance. sure, washington has been a better all-round team, but with a solid draft this year (improving the o-line) and healthy receivers for us it's not even close. again, i don't even necessarily think this is a long-term move. you can probably give up a 2011 4th round pick and get this guy, it costs you barely nothing, you give him a shot and know at the least he's going to be better than feeley. you pick up colt mccoy or another mid-round qb and figure out where you want to go down the road.

Dominating D is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by PeoriaRam View Post
    No...Washington has a better line. They don't run an offense that has the ball out of the QB's hands in about 2 seconds 90% of the time like us, because the danger of the QB going down after 3 seconds just isn't as pronounced there.

Oh and Santana Moss is better than any wideout we have.
    I live in the DC area and I listen to Skins Radio because it's the only game in town.

All I can say is your wrong on all accounts.

The Skins Offense Line was horrible and they played most of the season without a quality tackle on both ends.

Moss was a nonfactor last year.

Fans biggest concerns in Redskins land was how long it took Campbell to read his progressions and they felt he was confused by the Defense and did not get his players in the right position to make plays. He also took alot of hits like Bulger for not being Leader in the locker room due to his lack of Fire.

Go Rams

swatter555 is offline Registered User

Plain and simple, Jason Campbell is not is the cards for the Rams. If the Rams really wanted to take a risk at QB, they would have made a serious attempt at Vick.

The number of possible draft scenarios for the Rams are pretty small. The number of scenarios almost drops down to one if you take into account the Rams have had zero inquires about the first pick. If the Rams really wanted to draft Suh, they would have made a greater effort to shore up the QB position.

At this point, with all of the info out there, Bradford is a lock at #1.

RamsFanLSUMan is offline Registered User

I'd love to take him for a 4th. Still draft Sam #1 overall and have him learn something under an veteran qb. I cringe at the idea of throwing Sam in there with zero pro experience.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast