Jacquizz Rodgers will enter the NFL Draft, forgoing his senior year for Oregon State. He announced the decision Monday, through an Oregon State press release.

Rodgers, a 5-foot-7, 191-pound running back leaves the Beavers as the school's second all-time leading rusher, with 3,877 yards on the ground. He also racked up 151 catches (most ever for an Oregon State running back) and 1,056 receiving yards. He scored 51 total touchdowns, giving him 306 career points scored (third in Oregon State history).

This past season, Rodgers took a step back from his prolific sophomore campaign. In 2009, Rodgers gained 1,440 yards on the ground with 21 touchdowns. In 2010, he ran for 1,184 yards and 14 touchdowns. His yards per carry when down (from 5.3 to 4.6) and his receptions plummeted -- though much could be attributed to the overall struggles of the team.

Rodgers will have to answer questions about his size to NFL scouts, but there's no questioning his ability to be an electric playmaker with the ball in the open field.

"I've thought long and hard about this decision," Rodgers said in a statement. "I want to thank all of Beaver Nation for their support throughout my time here at Oregon State. Without all of that support I wouldn't be in this position."

He also said he intends to return to Oregon State to finish his degree in ethnic studies.

Rodgers should be available in rd 3 and possibly rd 4 .. He could be the Rams' version of Darren Sproles ..