Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    general counsel is offline Registered User

Re: willing to trade future draft picks?

BRING ME THE HEAD OF THE HAWK! I am a big believer that when trading, you remember a lot more about what you got than what you gave up. There are exceptions of course to that general rule, but in the draft pick sense, i think a true impact player such as Hawk, who is also a perfect fit need wise, is a rare opportunity to make a move that will benefit us for years to come.

Alas, i think green bay feels the same way and i dont see them trading out of the spot.

Huff would be terrific as well and as that would be a smaller trade up, maybe we have a more realistic shot.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel
    BRING ME THE HEAD OF THE HAWK!
    You know, every time I read that, my mental image is that Hawkeye emblem on the side of Greenway's helmet. Anyway, I don't see a problem with trading future picks as long as we're not giving away significantly more than what we'd give for the player in this year's picks. I don't mind gambling on our own success a little bit.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by bigredman
    Nah....don't you remember...it was the other team trading down.
    :tongue:
    That was perfect brm....good one.

Well, let's see. If the Rams could trade for AJ Hawk, then the LB corp of Hawk, Pisa, and Spoon would be one that I would put up against anyone in the league talent wise. Even Pittsburgh.

Most say the LB's are the glue of the defense and they have been proving the Rams screwed up every game since they let Fletcher go....so I would be MORE than willing to do that for Hawk and watch teams like Arizona finally worry about the Rams defense as much as the offense. Yes Arizona, not Seattle. Arizona is going to be a tough team to beat next year.

RamsFan4ever is offline Registered User

i would trade future picks for AJ Hawk or Micheal Huff, but probably not Davis... We need to get rid of the biggest Draft need this year and TE is NOT our biggest need right now

bigredman Guest

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan
    That was perfect brm....good one.

Well, let's see. If the Rams could trade for AJ Hawk, then the LB corp of Hawk, Pisa, and Spoon would be one that I would put up against anyone in the league talent wise. Even Pittsburgh.

Most say the LB's are the glue of the defense and they have been proving the Rams screwed up every game since they let Fletcher go....so I would be MORE than willing to do that for Hawk and watch teams like Arizona finally worry about the Rams defense as much as the offense. Yes Arizona, not Seattle. Arizona is going to be a tough team to beat next year.
    Yes, I agree about the Fletcher move. Hawk would be great...I read in Sports Illustrated about Carpenter, who is expected to rise to the first round as well around selection 20 and below.

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Something to consider- Tampa Bay won a SB with just two first round picks over the span of five years.One was one of the worst ever, in demoted started Kenyatta Walker. Admittedly, two were given as compensaton for Coach Gruden to Oakland, but is is conncieveable that the Value they traded was less that what they got in return. Could a move like this, for Hawk or Mario Williams, or a smaller one for Huff, set the Rams up with a linchpin and leader on defense for many many years?

I'll put it llike this. After superbowl 37, which of the two teams competing (Tampa, Oakland) has returned to the playoffs? Which team has had success with a developing squadron of players?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12