View Poll Results: Winning or Losing which scenario would you rather see.

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rams play hard but lose the rest of their games and get 8th place in the draft.

7 50.00%
  • Rams play hard and split the final 4 games and get the 13th place in the draft.

2 14.29%
  • Rams play hard and win the rest of their games and get 18th place in the draft.

5 35.71%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

Re: Winning or losing which helps us more next year?

Quote Originally Posted by NickSeiler
    Good lord, can you imagine Jordan Gross at right tackle for us after the 2003 draft? Talk about securing the future of the offensive line. Of course, the Rams probably would have went with Suggs or Trufant since they traded for Turley, but still.
    Can you imagine, we don't trade for Turley, we get Gross, and then in the 2nd round of '04 (which we traded to NO) get, say Darnell Dockett or Randy Starks to take Kennedy's place.

In effect, trade Kennedy for Gross and Dockett. Oh well, hindsight...

"Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

RamJackson39 Guest

I dont think it will hurt us if we picked later in the draft anyways. I've stated many times before that I believe that DeMeco Ryans is the best LB coming out of the draft. Although I will say that Greenway has more upside, we all know that upside does not always pan out.

I'd rather have the hard working DeMeco Ryans who plays special teams and is on the field every down over a LB who still needs to clean some things up before he deserves to be picked over Ryans.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

I don't think you ought to ever play to lose. If nothing else, it'd totally destroy the confidence of the organization. And considering the way the cap works, I think you get better value for lower picks anyway if your scouts are good. At the top of the draft, you wind up gambling a massive chunk of money that this guy is going to develop. Winning also comes into play on the free agent market; good players don't want to play for a team that just rolled over for the second half of the season.

talkstoangels61 Guest

i think you need to play the guys off the bence to find out what kinda dept you really do have to help see what the team s needs are really!!!!........Hey you know what your starters are capable of by now! Why not check out the other kids?......Game time is a whole lot different than practice time!............It's like anything else in life! You have to get to do something before you can get good at it! Practice makes perfect and you basically know what you are getting with your veteran or starting p[layers.

MikeB1603 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenfleece
    I don't think you ought to ever play to lose. If nothing else, it'd totally destroy the confidence of the organization. And considering the way the cap works, I think you get better value for lower picks anyway if your scouts are good. At the top of the draft, you wind up gambling a massive chunk of money that this guy is going to develop. Winning also comes into play on the free agent market; good players don't want to play for a team that just rolled over for the second half of the season.
    I agree with you 100%, losing is never an option for the Rams.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12