Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wonderlic

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Wonderlic

Not that it means much, but I've found an article from the Chicago Tribune listing players' wonderlic scores, some on CBS, and some on Rotoworld.

Here are a few you might be interested in. Multiple scores, I assume, means they took the test multiple times.

Matt Ryan 28/32
    Joe Flacco 27/24/30

Chris Johnson 10/29

Owen Schmitt 24/30

Early Doucet 20/28
    Lavelle Hawkins 17/23
    Donnie Avery 14/33

Jake Long 26
    Sam Baker 27
    Chris Williams 32/31/37
    Heath Benedict 28/39
    Godser Cherilus 25/50
    Ryan Clady 13

Quentin Groves 25/38
    Chris Ellis 14/22
    Chris Long 34/45
    Glenn Dorsey 21/26

Kenny Phillips 16

And now for a special segment I like to call; The "not quite as smart as Vince Young" player degradation minute. That's right, there are some who couldn't land themselves above the "miracle 6".

Tracy Porter 4
    Travis Williams 4

Not that anyone should put much weight into wonderlic, but it looks like Long, Long and Dorsey are all above average (the average being about 20).

RedArcher7 is offline Registered User

Re: Wonderlic

Clady 13 eh? This warrents further investigation if someone got a 50 and no one has said anything about it yet.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

I was wondering where all the scores were. Last year it was such a big deal. Thanks for the find!

QB's and offensive linemen tend to score highest on this test, so it's a little disconcerting that Clady is so highly regarded and yet he got only a 13(but of course, it is only the wonderlic). I'm glad we're not in a position to take him unless we drop into the lower singles(please no!). Cherilus definitely takes the cake though. If he doesn't go in the first(he's 2nd round talent but a run on OT's could bring him up to low 20's), I'll take him unless a real promising WR slips.

Chris Long keeps showing off, doesn't he? I don't suppose Gholston had a score listed?

The wonderlic isn't exactly an exact measurement of anything(it's supposed to help determine the ability to think quickly and to process complicated information, such as playbooks and actually being out on the field, obviously film does that better, but it's an interesting test), however, Young's 6 kinda makes you wonder when he couldn't do well in and digest Norm Chow's offense, which was tailored for him.

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Bar-bq View Post
    Not that it means much, but I've found an article from the Chicago Tribune listing players' wonderlic scores, some on CBS, and some on Rotoworld.

Here are a few you might be interested in. Multiple scores, I assume, means they took the test multiple times.

Matt Ryan 28/32
    Joe Flacco 27/24/30

Chris Johnson 10/29

Owen Schmitt 24/30

Early Doucet 20/28
    Lavelle Hawkins 17/23
    Donnie Avery 14/33

Jake Long 26
    Sam Baker 27
    Chris Williams 32/31/37
    Heath Benedict 28/39
    Godser Cherilus 25/50
    Ryan Clady 13

Quentin Groves 25/38
    Chris Ellis 14/22
    Chris Long 34/45
    Glenn Dorsey 21/26

Kenny Phillips 16

And now for a special segment I like to call; The "not quite as smart as Vince Young" player degradation minute. That's right, there are some who couldn't land themselves above the "miracle 6".

Tracy Porter 4
    Travis Williams 4

Not that anyone should put much weight into wonderlic, but it looks like Long, Long and Dorsey are all above average (the average being about 20).
    don't you get at least 4 points just for showing up.A "4" can they even spell football ?

39thebeast is offline Registered User

Wonderlic is overrated, but lets talk about these scores 4 common now a 4 lets hit the books fellas. 45 congrats Chris Long don't know how hard the test is, but 45/50 seems impressive

The test is hard only because it's so freaking confusing. I'll always remember an interview of Byron Leftwich associated with I think Madden 06, about his most memorable wonderlic question and it was "Would you rather be a dog or a cat?" And I think his response was something like "A cat? Who the hell answers cat?".

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

NOTE: I wouldn't be surprised if the Cherlius listing is actually 25 out of a possible 50, and it's a (now double) misprint. Rotoworld has him at a 25.

Quote Originally Posted by TekeRam View Post
    I
    Cherilus definitely takes the cake though. If he doesn't go in the first(he's 2nd round talent but a run on OT's could bring him up to low 20's), I'll take him unless a real promising WR slips.
    I do feel feeling a similar way. I think the Giants might have a long hard look, but he's built for playing right tackle. Whether we want to draft a guy right now to slide over and replace Pace when he retires or not...I think if it's not done this year (same as WR) it will most definately have to be done next season. Is Barron adequate enough for you? We could be facing the prospect of needing two new OTs, anyway, if that's the case.

In fact, I can understand why there's such a conflict between WR and OT in round 2, if indeed we go DE in the first. Because, theroetically, I think EDM said elsewhere today that WR's are prone to break out in their third year. Torry Holt has two more years left on his contract. However, Barron and Holt could both be gone in a year or two, meaning that we could have two legitimate openings at OT.

The way I see it, It's still a game of BPA. Of course, if we take Jake Long, then then there's no question. We take the best DE we can find, and chase WR in the third. But yeah, I think it'll be a very interesting contest between a guy like Cherilus and a guy like Hardy. My opinion is that there should be one or two second-rounders left over in early round three. Lavelle Hawkins could still be there, as could a guy like Carl Nicks (character warning). Personally, I'm probably looking at DE, then OT of Cherilus is around, then WR in roound three. If not, I don't think anybody will complain about a reciever.

Quote Originally Posted by teke
    I don't suppose Gholston had a score listed?
    Nope, couldn't see one.
    Last edited by Bar-bq; -03-24-2008 at 12:43 AM.

EFPLFP: Wonderlic Test

9 questions of the Wonderlic

50= highest possible score, superior intelligence
    21= average intelligence
    14= equivalent to unskilled worker
    Below 14= moron(thank you Tracey Porter)

9 correct= 50 4 correct= 22
    8 correct= 44 3 correct= 17
    7 correct= 39 2 correct= 11
    6 correct= 33 1 correct= 6
    5 correct= 28 0 correct= 0

I got a seven...do you know how many hours of dark there are in September?

Godser did get a 25, the second number could be out of how many questions they answered. Which then begs the question why are the players with only one number? I have no clue.
    Last edited by RedArcher7; -03-24-2008 at 12:15 PM.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

I got 9 of 9, but the one about the daylight/night is misleading. The proportion of daylight/darkness hours does not merely vary by time of the year, it varies by location. I presumed that they were testing knowledge of the equinox, which lead me to the correct answer.

Not sure how any of those questions would reveal one's ability to process the correct blocking angle during the snap count when faced with an apparent weak side zone blitz package, though.

Baldybouncer is offline Registered User

I got 9 out of 9 aswell, to get the September question just subtract 9 (September) from 12 (The amount of months in the year) and you end up with 3, which is March.

Is the Wonderlic not a test to show how fast you can interpret information and react to it? If so, I can see it helping in some way, but not a great deal.

to get the September question just subtract 9 (September) from 12 (The amount of months in the year) and you end up with 3, which is March.
    What, the, heck? That may work, but how in the world did you come up with that? If that's the way you're supposed to get these answers I don't think I'm putting a whole lot into this test. First that's a tricky question, second, who the heck cares?

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Does anyone know how or who came up with the name "Wonderlic" for this test? Could it have been R. Crumb? Whoever came up with the name it is intriguing.

Quote Originally Posted by RedArcher7 View Post
    What, the, heck? That may work, but how in the world did you come up with that? If that's the way you're supposed to get these answers I don't think I'm putting a whole lot into this test. First that's a tricky question, second, who the heck cares?
    Av's right. It's all about the equinox. Around September and March 20-23, there are the equinoxes which signal equal(12 hours exactly) of day and night on the equator. It's also is the official change of seasons. You go from winter to spring at the vernal equinox, and from summer to fall at the autumnal equinox. Same idea applies for summer and winter solstices.

So, when you say which month has the same amount of darkness as September, you go half the year away to March(actually you get the last half of March and first half of April, but that wasn't a choice).

As for who cares, Druids do. And Astronomers. And meteorologists. And farmers for their almanac. Stonehenge would care, but it's stone.

And as for what this has to do with football, nothing other than it just makes the mind work quickly during the test. I was actually somewhat disappointed with the questions, as they were just logic ones and not any of the real zany ones.
    Last edited by TekeRam; -03-24-2008 at 02:05 PM.

The equinox I can understand, and I figured that's what had to be used I just had no clue how this equinox machine worked. It's that 12 minus 9 equals 3 thing. You could have added 9 and 12 to get 21, and divide by 7 because, why not. Multiply by the number of points you'll get for answering correctly and subtract the number of points you'll get for answering wrong.

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

I hope I am not the only person thinking, who in the hell cares ? as I said before I don't care if they can spell football,we just need them to be able to play it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast