Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Word has it Vince Young scored a six on his Wonderlic test

But it's coming from the source of all sources, ProFootballTalk.com.

Still, if Young indeed scored a six, does he slip? No one is taking him under the assumption that he comes in right away to play, so he's going to get plenty of coaching up and time on the bench.

But still, an unconfirmed SIX!? :O

ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Re: Word has it Vince Young scored a six on his Wonderlic test

What does that mean.
    RamsFan16

Well, the Wonderlic test is an IQ test given to players as part of their examination at the combine. The highest possible score is a 50, which is rarely achieved.

I believe Frank Gore scored something like a three last year, and he's diagnosed with a learning disability. A score of six is exceptionally poor, specifically when you consider that most teams like their QB to have some smarts so they can read defenses and make good decisions.

Then again, Dan Marino reportedly scored a 14, and he's arguably the greatest passer ever. So how big of a determining factor is it? Hard to tell. But regardless, you want to get into the double digits.

To see a sample of the kind of questions that appear on the Wonderlic, go here...

http://espn.go.com/page2/s/closer/020228test.html

Holy crap and he got a 6. Thats flunking an IQ test!!!!!!!!!
    RamsFan16

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

I think you get two points for spelling your name correctly, and another two for not eating the test when you're done.

There were already questions about how well Young would be able to read NFL defenses. Now there are questions about how well Young is able to read anything at all.

ZING!

Quote Originally Posted by Nick
    There were already questions about how well Young would be able to read NFL defenses. Now there are questions about how well Young is able to read anything at all.

ZING!
    As Bill Engall would say "Here's your sign"
    RamsFan16

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Yikes! A 6?? Hard to believe this could be true.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Maybe this explains why his team ran almost exclusively out of the shotgun. Wouldn't want to overcomplicate the playbook.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

This may be good for the Rams. Say vince young slips, this is what is see happening:

1) Houston - Reggie Bush
    2) New Orleans - Matt Leinart
    3) Tennessee - D'Brickashaw Ferguson (Titans decide to keep McNair)
    4) New York J - Jay Cutler (Cutler could go here or to the Titans, if the Titans take him, Brick goes to the Jets)
    5) Green Bay - Mario Williams/ AJ Hawk
    6) San Fran - Micheal Huff/ Vernon Davis/ Jimmy Williams
    7) Oakland - AJ Hawk/ Mario Williams
    8) Buffalo - Haloti Ngata
    9) Detroit - Winston Justice
    10) Arizona - LenDale White/ DeAngelo Williams
    11) STL - Micheal Huff/ Jimmy Williams/ Vernon Davis

now if Vince Young is still on the board, you could easily see a trade. if Young falls past the Jets i think he will fall ultimately to Miami at 16, unless a trade occurs. After the Jets, there are reasons why no one will take him.

Packers will have Favre, and wont spend another first rounder on a QB after Rodgers was taken last year.
    SF took Alex Smith first round last year, and needs help in other areas
    Oakland will be OK with Collins as long as they have defense, which is what they will pick
    Buffalo spent a first on JP Losman a couple of years back, and have a suitable QB in Losman or Holcomb. They need help in other areas.
    Detroit are the frontrunners to sign Drew Brees
    Arizona signed Warner to an extension, and can easily win if they have a decent RB.

This give the Rams an option of trading down a little, depending on the deal. The thing is the Rams have to have a first rounder this year, they cant trade it for future picks or a player, there is just too much talent at positions need in the draft to not have a first rounder

The Bears could be a possible suiter, they could give up their pick 26 and a defensive player to move up. Leonard Pope is likely to be available at 26.

The only problem I see with that scenario is that I don't think SF would pass on Hawk if GB takes Super Mario, which could change the outlook from there down. Assuming he was still there at 11, it does get tricky figuring out who trades up for him. I think you're right that Miami is the next likely target.

The Bears qb situation is pretty murky, no doubt, but the fact that they've only got one or two starters exposed to free agency suggests to me that they don't want to mess with success on that defense. Are they ready to write off Grossman and Orton? Maybe they're more interested in beefing up the line and seeing if Rex can last more than 3 games. Plus what kind of sacrifice do they really want to make when tight end and corner are areas they want to address in the draft. Pope's blocking would help with what they want to do in the running game and corner could be addressed where they are now, too. I'd definitely be interested in what kind of deal could be made, but I don't know if they would be.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenfleece
    The only problem I see with that scenario is that I don't think SF would pass on Hawk if GB takes Super Mario, which could change the outlook from there down. Assuming he was still there at 11, it does get tricky figuring out who trades up for him. I think you're right that Miami is the next likely target.

The Bears qb situation is pretty murky, no doubt, but the fact that they've only got one or two starters exposed to free agency suggests to me that they don't want to mess with success on that defense. Are they ready to write off Grossman and Orton? Maybe they're more interested in beefing up the line and seeing if Rex can last more than 3 games. Plus what kind of sacrifice do they really want to make when tight end and corner are areas they want to address in the draft. Pope's blocking would help with what they want to do in the running game and corner could be addressed where they are now, too. I'd definitely be interested in what kind of deal could be made, but I don't know if they would be.
    Out of the teams after the top four that could take Young, Oakland is the most likely. But with Collins at QB and better playcalling, their offense is fine. Help on defense is what the Raiders need. But if Hawk and Williams are gone i don't know who they would take.

I didnt think that the Bears were after a corner, they already have very good starters in Tillman and Vasher. But you are right about them needing a TE.

Im just manipulating things so that the Rams can get Pope, because i think the guy will be a total beast in the NFL. If we are going to take a TE in the first, i would love for it to be him. But his stock is going to have to rise immensely for that to happen, or a trade will have to take place

I don't think corner's considered a top priority, but if Azumah leaves via free agency depth becomes a problem.

I agree. Pope is a beast. I just have a feeling the Bears will think so, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenfleece
    I don't think corner's considered a top priority, but if Azumah leaves via free agency depth becomes a problem.

I agree. Pope is a beast. I just have a feeling the Bears will think so, too.
    I think the Bears will address a position of real need instead of picking a CB for depth in the first round. But i guess it depends on how free agency works out for them.

And i know they will think Pope is a beast, but they can't do much if we pick in front of them!

Rambos is online now Registered User

This may be good for the Rams. Say vince young slips, this is what is see happening:

1) Houston - Reggie Bush
    2) New Orleans - Matt Leinart
    3) Tennessee - D'Brickashaw Ferguson (Titans decide to keep McNair)
    4) New York J - Jay Cutler (Cutler could go here or to the Titans, if the Titans take him, Brick goes to the Jets)
    5) Green Bay - Mario Williams/ AJ Hawk
    6) San Fran - Micheal Huff/ Vernon Davis/ Jimmy Williams
    7) Oakland - AJ Hawk/ Mario Williams
    8) Buffalo - Haloti Ngata
    9) Detroit - Winston Justice
    10) Arizona - LenDale White/ DeAngelo Williams
    11) STL - Micheal Huff/ Jimmy Williams/ Vernon Davis

now if Vince Young is still on the board, you could easily see a trade. if Young falls past the Jets i think he will fall ultimately to Miami at 16, unless a trade occurs. After the Jets, there are reasons why no one will take him.

Packers will have Favre, and wont spend another first rounder on a QB after Rodgers was taken last year.
    SF took Alex Smith first round last year, and needs help in other areas
    Oakland will be OK with Collins as long as they have defense, which is what they will pick
    Buffalo spent a first on JP Losman a couple of years back, and have a suitable QB in Losman or Holcomb. They need help in other areas.
    Detroit are the frontrunners to sign Drew Brees
    Arizona signed Warner to an extension, and can easily win if they have a decent RB.

This give the Rams an option of trading down a little, depending on the deal. The thing is the Rams have to have a first rounder this year, they cant trade it for future picks or a player, there is just too much talent at positions need in the draft to not have a first rounder

The Bears could be a possible suiter, they could give up their pick 26 and a defensive player to move up. Leonard Pope is likely to be available at 26
    I'm hearing that Collins wants out of Oakland, they make take him. But I like the idea of moving back in the draft, if we can get more value for our picks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast