Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Worst case scenario, who would you pick?

Quote Originally Posted by serkicker32
    I also understand what you are saying and a coverage safety would be of higher priority, but the good thing about the possibility of Davis still being on the board is that if our experts dont think that he is needed and can find someone that covets him then we could have a win-win situation with the possibility of a trade-down.
    Normally it'd be worth a look, but that breaks one of the rules that Ramhard started this thread with...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramhard
    AND no one wants to trade up, so the Rams can't just trade down and get more picks(the easy out)
    Since we can't trade down to bolster our depth, I wouldn't pick up Davis with those others available.

"Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

serkicker32 Guest

My bad, but the only problem I have with Pool is that in the loss to USC the whole secondary of Oklahoma was dismantled and I prefer to get people that produced at there positions instead of putting up the nice combine numbers

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Good point Nick on the 40 times. This is football--not track. I am not that familiar with Pool or Davis so I cannot offer an informed opinion other than to say I would take instincts over speed.....see Kevin Garrett.

GO RAMMS!!!!!!!! :ramlogo:

My bad, but the only problem I have with Pool is that in the loss to USC the whole secondary of Oklahoma was dismantled and I prefer to get people that produced at there positions instead of putting up the nice combine numbers
    Tell me about it. That National Champ. game turned out horrible for me. I had Okie picked to win, and they looked more like Northwest Oklahoma Technical Dental School for the Blind than they did the mighty Sooners.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Quote Originally Posted by MauiRam
    Good point Nick on the 40 times. This is football--not track. I am not that familiar with Pool or Davis so I cannot offer an informed opinion other than to say I would take instincts over speed.....see Kevin Garrett.

GO RAMMS!!!!!!!! :ramlogo:
    Looking just at instincts, I'd still take Pool over Davis. The only area that I would put Davis over Pool is in run support. Pool just doesn't have the size to Git-R-Done as well as Davis when faced with run support. But in every other way, I'd take Pool over Davis.

serkicker32 Guest

I'll have to take your word on that one, and I'm sorry if I turned up some bad betting memory (I had USC)

I'll have to take your word on that one, and I'm sorry if I turned up some bad betting memory (I had USC)
    Actually that game taught me a valuable lesson. Every time I try to talk smack I wind up looking bad. Before that game, I went to the college forum and starting attempting to (emphasis on "attempt", I'm not very good at smack) talk smack on that game. Wow, what a disaster. I've been ducking some of these So. Cal. guys ever since. :redface:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12