Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    general counsel is offline Registered User

would anyone trade a #3 or #4 for brady quinn?

According to espn, the browns are now actively looking to move out brady quinn. Interesting guy. Would anyone trade either a #3 or #4 for him?

ramming speed to all

general counsel

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Re: would anyone trade a #3 or #4 for brady quinn?

I don't think Quinn is salvageable. Although, to be honest, there is not much to salvage anyway.

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Not a 3, certainly, I think there are better prospects available in round 3 of the draft. I'd consider a 4 or more preferably offer one or both of our 5th round picks if we can't nag Bradford first overall or LeFevour in the third.

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

Hmm, with the release of Derek Anderson, who do the Browns plan on being their starter? Seneca "Im a stud on Madden" Wallace?

Personally I'm not sure about Quinn. I think it is possible that put in the right circumstances he can be a solid QB, but I just don't see him having any more success with the Rams than with the Browns.

Plus I have already decided to trade our fifth for Vick.

(oh look at what I did there, I can't get away from Vick!!!)

richtree is offline Registered User

Quinn is a definate NO.

I think we would win more games with Feeley than Quinn.

He has a week arm and never proved his accuracy.

From the day he sat in the draft day with a smug look he has never proven he is a winner.

I was really rooting for him, but he is simply not a NFL QB.

dave626 is offline Registered User
    Blog Entries

Our 5th or a 5th and 6th Hell yeah.
    We only throw 5-15 yds deep, with a bomb thrown in once in awhile. He would be a cheaper potential starter, and hes TOO young to have the Bulger syndrome,he has plenty of upside, then we could get Suh and some playmakers in the draft, giving the fan base something to get excited about,a complete change (CHEAPLY) in one year and if hes hopeless then go for a QB next year in the draft who hasnt just had reconstructive surgery on his throwing shoulder, and with another year under Spags with more team talent.

I like it all the way around, He d be good enough for what we do and cheaper, and ofcourse our Dline would be badass with 3 rst round picks on it. (hopefully)

We look for young players that are cheap with upside. His contract was alot of incentive based crap which he didnt meet, so yeah Im in.
    Last edited by dave626; -03-10-2010 at 08:27 PM. Reason: spelling

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

The Browns gave him plenty of opportunities to prove himself, and he did just that, prove he's pretty much a bust. A big no on Quinn at any price.

bigtiger737 Guest

I don't knowabout him getting alot of chances being with the dogg pound.. they are terrible and really I don't think him or anderson got a real decent chance to play.. I would be happy with him for a 4th or 5th not a 3rd.. depending on what we have to pay him..

01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User

Really atleast Anderson managed to have a good year during his stay. The best I can say about Quinn is that he had a good stretch of 2 games last season.

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

No. We already signed A J Feely as our back-up and that is the best Quinn can hope for, a back-up role. IMHO

Plus we have so many other holes to fill in this draft.

Go Rams!

RebelYell is offline Registered User

Quinn has thrown the ball in 13 games over 3 seasons. That's proof of nothing considering the team was horrible around him and they didn't have much of a running game. I'm doubtful the Browns would give up on him.

Of course if Bradford is drafted by the Rams and he struggles for 7 games I think we can see the people who will be telling us that's enough proof.

cfh128 is offline Registered User

Brady Quinn hasn't proven anything except he can hit receivers within 5-10 yards, and in limited action he has also ended the last 2 seasons in IR. Cleveland is no quarterbacks dream, but all signs point to this guy being a huge bust. I'd take Bradley Fletcher or Darrel Scott (our last years #3 and 4) over Quinn any day.

Ram Mar Ram is offline Registered User

Ill admit i dont get to watch the Browns play much except for the highlight reels on Sportscenter (never good highlights for Quinn) but he is a victim of his teams woes, he probably lost his mojo while wearing brown and may be damaged beyond reapair. But id take him and move Bulgar out and have a qb competition between Vick / Feely & Quinn. Trading for Vick deal pending of course ... whats more of a fresh start than replacing the entire stable of QB's,

dave626 is offline Registered User
    Blog Entries

With all the trade talk for such a clown like Mike Vick (2nd round pick to get now, while his mouth is lowering his trade value by the day) , Brady Quinn a character guy, with plenty of upside because of the circus that is Cleveland we dont know WHAT he can do, and would for sure lock a DT, with our first pick (if we dont trade) because we would slide Quinn into the spot that Bradford was taking as a future QB.

These are just a few of our options and Iv read *****ing about every single one.

Vick= dog killer, hasnt done crap in 3 years (i agree here, this guy is just god awfull and is sounding more like a clown calling out teams he wants to play for while under contract)

Bradford= spread offense, shoulder problem, he sucks under pressure

Claussen= uses too much of his body to throw the ball, indicates short arms or lack of strength, has an attitude problem

Cambell= well he hasnt done crap in washington, so how could he do anything here, (Id take this guy out of all of them)

Weather these comments are accurate or not, we need to pick someone, and Payton Manning I believe is a little tied up for the rest of his career.

Get Cambell in a Carriker deal with Washington (despags would be interested I think) and keep our 1rst 2nd and 3rd picks at least to add playmakers or BPA, possibly even swap 1rsts, for more later round picks cuz we would have our QB.

just wishfull thinking I guess

general counsel is offline Registered User

It never ceases to amaze me the expectations that people have for very young qbs and how quickly people label these guys as busts, especially guys like quinn who have played for terrible teams. Quinn may or may not be any good, but the jury is still out from my perspective and i personally fail to see how anyone can conclude, based on the information available to us as general fans, that bradford is worthy of the #1 overall pick while quinn is viewed as essentially worthless.

From my perspective, if you want probability of performance, you take suh and thats the end of it. If you decide that you need a new face of the franchise with new ownership and you are willing to roll the dice a bit for a guy coming off a major shoulder injury and who has not demonstrated that he can throw under pressure, you take bradford and hold your breath.

I would give up a mid round pick for quinn in a second. I think the odds of him turning out to be a star are pretty low (i was never a big fan of his), but the upside to me is a lot higher than a likely fourth round pick, if, and its a big if, you can put a decent offensive line and some receivers around him.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast