throwback week

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    bigredman Guest

Re: would anyone trade a #3 or #4 for brady quinn?

I don't see Quinn as our investment for the future. Regardless of what price you get him for, that would be the message. Essentially we would be saying we are rebuilding once again elsewhere and pushing our franchise QB need aside. We've already have passed on other QB's in the draft that are now stars elsewhere in the league. We cannot afford to do so again.
    Last edited by bigredman; -03-12-2010 at 01:08 AM.

general counsel is offline Registered User

Bigred, that makes sense if you think bradford is a franchise qb, as opposed to saying he is the best qb in the draft. Again, is bradford the answer as the franchise qb with the shoulder questions et al? Maybe he is. If however, you use the #1 overall pick to reach for need, simply because he is the best available guy at the position, i think you take an even bigger risk with your future than passing on a qb. In short, i dont think a guy is per se a franchise qb just because he is the best available at the position. One thing is for sure. If we take the wrong guy at #1 (or to say it another way if we pass suh, take bradford and bradford turns out to be just ok and not very good), we are really going to be setting back the franchise by years.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

bigredman Guest

Well, I would say it's a safe bet that Bradford is OK (as in from Oklahoma that is) HA....I crack myself up.

I see your point, but I'm not much of a Quinn fan.

Herron63 is offline Registered User

Not saying that trading for Quinn is a good idea, but those that are saying that the jury is still out on him are correct. Look at Derek Anderson as the example. Anderson is a Pro Bowl quarterback one season then as regimes and personal changes around him he falls apart. Does a quarterback really completely lose it in one season? So Quinn is playing with a lack of talent around him, and maybe he is apart of the lack of talent, but how about giving him a fair shake.

npow81 Guest

I think any Quinn scenario raises so many questions and I think its really difficult to get a hold over it

For starters I think you have to ask yourself whether Quinn is a better prospect at this point that anyone we were to draft with a pick that we would give up for him.

The difficulty in doing that is that it is hard to truly assess Quinn with his limited playing time and how bad Cleveland has been. However, you could also say that the situation he would come into as a potential Ram, would be just as bad.

I think the big advantage of Quinn is that you wouldn't have to go through too much growing pains, but if Quinn is a pain in general I guess that doesn't really matter.

People always place too much blame on the qb for wins and losses, however, Quinn has looked pretty inept at times.

Anyway I could babble on about this but the truth is I'm really 50/50 on this idea, I haven't lost hope on Brady and always thought he had the tools to succeed, I'm just confused what are the reasons for his lack of success thus far.

I guess in the end if its a fourth i would certainly pull the trigger, if its a third, probably, anything more and I'm not sure.

TKnight39 Guest

Heck yeah I'd give up a 4th definately! I'd take Suh with #1, WR with #2, and have Quinn be our QB, no doubt!!!!!!!!!!

itsguud is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TKnight39 View Post
    Heck yeah I'd give up a 4th definately! I'd take Suh with #1, WR with #2, and have Quinn be our QB, no doubt!!!!!!!!!!
    Exactly, doing this gives us a strong rebuilding core. Even if Quinn didn't pan out, we still have all those other pieces as well as only losing a 4th for Quinn. Most 4th rounders, especially the ones we draft don't even make it far.

unorthodox1999 is offline Registered User

This basically is another Vick thread with an even worse quarterback.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Quinn has been traded to the Broncos in exchange for two draft picks (not sure what they are at the moment) and FB Peyton Hillis

i doubt the Rams would have given a similar deal

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    Bigred, that makes sense if you think bradford is a franchise qb, as opposed to saying he is the best qb in the draft. Again, is bradford the answer as the franchise qb with the shoulder questions et al? Maybe he is. If however, you use the #1 overall pick to reach for need, simply because he is the best available guy at the position, i think you take an even bigger risk with your future than passing on a qb. In short, i dont think a guy is per se a franchise qb just because he is the best available at the position. One thing is for sure. If we take the wrong guy at #1 (or to say it another way if we pass suh, take bradford and bradford turns out to be just ok and not very good), we are really going to be setting back the franchise by years.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    I see what you're saying.

It would be a mistake IMO also if we decide to select Bradford only because he is the best QB in this draft. Because, what if all the rest of the QB's are mediocre? And although Bradford may not be a future franchise QB, we still pick him due to the fact that he is the best QB.

That would be a mistake.

However, I think we view him as a legit franchise QB for our future. Remember, he was slated to go before Stafford and Sanchez last year, and IMO both Stafford and Sanchez are franchise QB's for their respective teams.

To me, if we want to build towards the future, we select Bradford, not because he is the best QB in this draft, but because he has the potential and talent to be our franchise QB for the next 12 or so years.

thickandthin Guest

Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk247 View Post
    Quinn has been traded to the Broncos in exchange for two draft picks (not sure what they are at the moment) and FB Peyton Hillis

i doubt the Rams would have given a similar deal
    Why trade 2 draft picks and Hillis? this doesn't make sense to me..

peramoure is offline Registered User

It is a 6th round pick and a conditional pick in 2011.. slim pickens. Wish the Rams would make a move like this. Jeez.

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by peramoure View Post
    It is a 6th round pick and a conditional pick in 2011.. slim pickens. Wish the Rams would make a move like this. Jeez.
    We also have to pay him his sizable first round contract money. For an 8th Round Hack. Perspective, please!

peramoure is offline Registered User

Late first round is not sizable. It is comparable to Feeley. We're not talking 8 million a year Peoria. His whole contract was incentive based - 8 million guaranteed over 5 years.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12