Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Would Austin & Watkins Be A Dynamic Duo?

punahou is offline Registered User

Re: Would Austin & Watkins Be A Dynamic Duo?

I wasnt researching anything, Im trying to make a statement that our passing game is very blaise.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by punahou View Post
    I wasnt researching anything, Im trying to make a statement that our passing game is very blaise.
    Yes, I got that. I just think there are better ways to make that point than to blatantly misrepresent our QB's statistics.

QUINNtessentialTruth is offline Registered User

I also like to point out that 3 of Bradfords 4 interceptions were tipped balls, where 2 were completely the receivers fault. Bradfords injury really killed him. Once we found our groove with Zac Stacy. Bradford was about to have a 30 TD / 10-15 interception season. Proud and ready for Bradford to step up next year and continue what he started in the Texans, Jaguars game. Even when we were all over the place in that Panthers game. Bradford was still 21 for 30 for 255 yards. Of course he got hit on that first play of the game and threw his only pick (pick 6) of that game.

FestusRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by punahou View Post
    To add on to Av's post, the Rams red zone offense ranked FIRST in the NFC and THIRD in the NFL before the Panthers game. The same game Bradford tore his ACL.

Its pretty obvious you didn't research anything, but if you want to knock the passing game, you're going to need some evidence to back up your argument.

I don't know about anyone else, but I personally have access to Google, so I find this stuff in about ten seconds.

mcpeepants232003 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by FestusRam View Post
    To add on to Av's post, the Rams red zone offense ranked FIRST in the NFC and THIRD in the NFL before the Panthers game. The same game Bradford tore his ACL.

Its pretty obvious you didn't research anything, but if you want to knock the passing game, you're going to need some evidence to back up your argument.

I don't know about anyone else, but I personally have access to Google, so I find this stuff in about ten seconds.
    then you should also be able to see that 3 of our first 6 games were against 3 of the worst 4 teams in the NFL and that in the 2 of the other 3 games our passing offense looked average, at best.

Our wide receiver corps could use a legitimate #1 WR. I don't see how anyone could argue against this.

FestusRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by mcpeepants232003 View Post
    then you should also be able to see that 3 of our first 6 games were against 3 of the worst 4 teams in the NFL and that in the 2 of the other 3 games our passing offense looked average, at best.
    Okay, and our running game was terrible for those first six games. It's insanely hard to be a successful one dimensional team in the NFL.

We could go back and forth, but the fact is, the Rams we're 3rd in the NFL in red zone offense against NFL teams during that span. As a Rams fan why would you want to downplay that? Beats me...

Quote Originally Posted by mcpeepants232003 View Post
    Our wide receiver corps could use a legitimate #1 WR. I don't see how anyone could argue against this.
    I don't see anyone arguing against that idea. I certainly haven't.

I simply stated I feel we should solidify the OL before we go after another receiver. I say this with the current draft in mind. If an NFL ready Calvin Johnson/A.J. Green type was in the draft, it'd be a different story.

Rambos is offline Registered User

We already have a Dynamic Duo.... Stedman Bailey and Tavon Austin
    citr92 likes this.

Barry Waller is offline Registered User

When you watch these playoff games, you see how the real fast receivers really don't do nearly the damage of guys who can catch balls in traffic or can out leap defesive backs, who can muscle their way off the line against this physical coverage. Did you see how Percy Harvin did?

I much prefer one of the really big receivers, because the one WR the rams have not seen fulfill his role as a jumbo guy with speed is Quick.

That's why Evans or Benjamin makes more semse if the Rams go WR at 13.

No way they go WR first though, barring a large deal down.

If you want to build a team to compete with Seattle and the Niners, they better be fast, but more importantly extremely competetive and tough.

I think what the Rams face in division will dictate what they do more than anything.

That means a strong O-line, and a tough running game, and reliable receivers who are tough.

It means a pass rush and LB that can stop those running QBs, which they now have.

It means physical DBs to compete with the big strong receivers who can also cover.

THAT is perhaps their biggest neen, especially if they sign Saffold and Williams and especially if they keep either Dahl or Wells.
    Barry Waller

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Waller View Post
    When you watch these playoff games, you see how the real fast receivers really don't do nearly the damage of guys who can catch balls in traffic or can out leap defesive backs, who can muscle their way off the line against this physical coverage. Did you see how Percy Harvin did?
    Yes, but I also saw how T.Y. Hilton (5'9, 178) has done in his two playoff games, so I think your point is a bit overstated.

Also, Watkins at 6'1, 205 is not exactly a small receiver.

I much prefer one of the really big receivers, because the one WR the rams have not seen fulfill his role as a jumbo guy with speed is Quick.

That's why Evans or Benjamin makes more semse if the Rams go WR at 13.
    If its a choice between Watkins at #2 or Evans at #13, I'd go with Evans (not sold on Benjamin yet), but if a scenario were to present itself in which the Rams trade down a few spots, Watkins would be an option I'd consider strongly.

No way they go WR first though, barring a large deal down.
    Never say never!

richtree is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    It might be too much talent for Shotty to handle. But I'd love to see it.
    HAHA, this was a great response. As much as we all give Shotty garbage for his lack of the long-ball, he is very creative in his run game formations, now he just has to give Austin the ball more.

Watkins has shown he is becoming that one player to stand above all WRs in this NFL draft....We will wait for combine numbers, but any team would be lucky to have him.

Rams trading down again could create enough picks to get the depth needed for a playoff run

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

If the choice was up to me I'd go with Barr (defense). I'm gambling on Brian Quick stepping up...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12