Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    RamsSB99 is offline Registered User

Re: THIS WOULD BE GREAT: Giants might be releasing Robins DT

Quote Originally Posted by 39thebeast View Post
    All that proved to me is you are good with Rotoworld. Answer these questions
    Nice try but it was several players, coaches, fans and media. Everything you say has lost credibility I don't even know why I bother talking to you about this subject.

How many years as a productive starter does Robbins have left?
    I would think he has at least two good years left. I never said once he was a long term solution. We need DL help and the guy by all accounts was playing like a Probowl player last year for Spags before he broke both hands and still played. He knows Spags system, can mentor Ryan and Carriker, was at a Probowl level last year prior to injury and still named as an alternate when he finished the last 10 games played with 2 broken hands.

How does he fit in long term?
    He is not a long term solution. He is a player that would cost us 2mil or less and would allow us to not need to take a DT early in the draft. We could live with a higher risk DT like Hill who could be a total bust although I like his potential. If we dont get a guy like Robbins then I think we almost have to go Brace round 2.

What about Ryan and Carriker?
    Neither have proved to be good starters yet but both would be a part of the DT rotation. There is potential there and both are basically the only two we have right now.
    Last edited by RamsSB99; -03-04-2009 at 11:48 PM.

Shan the Ram Man is offline Registered User

I think the Rams should draft 2 DT's again. DT Damione Lewis (12th pick) and DT Ryan Pickett(29th pick)were taken in the 2001 draft.
    Maybe a E. Hood DT in the 2nd & Antonio Dixon DT in the 6th or 7th Round.
    Then move Adam Carriker back to DE. Bring in L. Little for A.C. on passing downs that way both players are fresh.
    A NT dosen't have to be 6'6"350 to be good.

Stay young , Let the youth movement begin.

You Forgot about Willie Williams , Antwon Burton & Wroten
    Last edited by Shan the Ram Man; -03-04-2009 at 11:56 PM.

RamsSB99 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Shan the Ram Man View Post
    I think the Rams should draft 2 DT's again. DT Damione Lewis (12th pick) and DT Ryan Pickett(29th pick)were taken in the 2001 draft.
    Maybe a E. Hood DT in the 2nd & Antonio Dixon DT in the 6th or 7th Round.
    Then move Adam Carriker back to DE. Bring in L. Little for A.C. on passing downs that way both players are fresh.
    A NT dosen't have to be 6'6"350 to be good.

Stay young , Let the youth movement begin.

You Forgot about Willie Williams , Antwon Burton & Wroten
    Hoods not that big and they said they want to get bigger on both lines not smaller. As for those other players Williams, Burton, and Wroten they are no names. Carriker and Ryan have not even proven themselves yet. No one in their right mind would count on those other three as being major contributors.

39thebeast is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsSB99 View Post
    Nice try but it was several players, coaches, fans and media. Everything you say has lost credibility I don't even know why I bother talking to you about this subject.

I would think he has at least two good years left. I never said once he was a long term solution. We need DL help and the guy by all accounts was playing like a Probowl player last year for Spags before he broke both hands and still played. He knows Spags system, can mentor Ryan and Carriker, was at a Probowl level last year prior to injury and still named as an alternate when he finished the last 10 games played with 2 broken hands.

He is not a long term solution. He is a player that would cost us 2mil or less and would allow us to not need to take a DT early in the draft. We could live with a higher risk DT like Hill who could be a total bust although I like his potential. If we dont get a guy like Robbins then I think we almost have to go Brace round 2.
    This is one of my main points. Honestly where are the Rams going in 2 years. IMO thats just putting a stop Gap in instead of focusing on getting younger guys playing time. IMO it makes no sense to add him, when we have a first round pick we are trying to developing into a star who plays his position. I would rather see Spags develop him into a Robbins type of player instead of actually adding him.

I disagree, with your point that we have to go Brace. Say we pick up a bigger more physical LB like Curry, he won't need as much protection as a a smaller LB like Spoon. It's not that i have a problem with his game I have a problem with his age and regardless of him playing for Spags he isn't a fit here right now. If we were coming of an 8-8 season that is another story, but we didn't.

Anyways this a stupid arguement since he isn't going anywhere.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123