Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19
  1. #1
    Rambos's Avatar
    Rambos is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Cali
    Age
    50
    Posts
    9,574
    Rep Power
    75

    Would this work for you?

    DE Little
    NT AC
    UT Dorsey
    DE Lawrence Jackson

    Would this work for you?


  2. #2
    RAMarkable is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Arkansas
    Age
    59
    Posts
    2,116
    Rep Power
    41

    Re: Would this work for you?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    DE Little
    NT AC
    UT Dorsey
    DE Lawrence Jackson

    Would this work for you?
    Yes, it would. Actually I'm kinda hoping that Quinton Groves will be there for us in the 2nd round, but we'll just have to wait and see. With Dorsey, AC, and C. Ryan we would have a very talented and diverse interior D-Line for years to come. Go Rams!

    WHAT SAY YE?

  3. #3
    39thebeast's Avatar
    39thebeast is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    conecticut
    Posts
    2,740
    Rep Power
    38

    Re: Would this work for you?

    Carriker most likely the best at UT. I like him better at DE than I do at NT. I really like Dorsey he has shot up my board.

  4. #4
    Rambos's Avatar
    Rambos is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Cali
    Age
    50
    Posts
    9,574
    Rep Power
    75

    Re: Would this work for you?

    Carriker most likely the best at UT
    I don;t think AC would be better then Dorsey at UT and I don't think AC would be as productive as Jackson at DE. IMO.

  5. #5
    Bald_81's Avatar
    Bald_81 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Age
    25
    Posts
    950
    Rep Power
    22

    Re: Would this work for you?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    I don;t think AC would be better then Dorsey at UT and I don't think AC would be as productive as Jackson at DE. IMO.
    Yes, he saying that Carriker's best ability comes at UT not NT, which is right. But as you said, Jackson would be better at DE than Carriker and same situation with Dorsey, so NT is the logical spot. But as we saw last season, Carriker can shift along the line on given plays depending on what the offense shows. Some plays he can slide out to end to help the run, on another he can go back inside to NT and then UT when Dorsey is taking a quick breather. It is not like they would split time, Haslett would find ways to get them both on the field at the same time and utilize them to their best potential.

  6. #6
    Nick's Avatar
    Nick is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Morgantown, WV
    Age
    32
    Posts
    19,875
    Rep Power
    154

    Re: Would this work for you?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    DE Little
    NT AC
    UT Dorsey
    DE Lawrence Jackson

    Would this work for you?
    Eh, hard to say. Dorsey is still not my preferred top option with the second overall pick, but if the Rams draft him, I'd rather see Carriker play at nose tackle rather than outside at defensive end. So in that sense, it works.

    The problem is I think there will be wide receivers of better value than Lawrence Jackson available at the top of the second round. Do you pass on one of them to take a player of lower grade in Jackson so that you can address the need you chose not to address a round earlier? Not sure that's a sound draft strategy.

    Unless a guy like Merling, Groves, or Campbell slips to us in round two, I'm not sure I like the value of a DE at that spot right now. I think the value at WR will be better. If the Rams go Dorsey and then best WR available, that means putting off DE to at least the third round. And I'm not incredibly impressed by the mid-round talent at that position, which again may be this team's most significant need.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bald_81 View Post
    But as we saw last season, Carriker can shift along the line on given plays depending on what the offense shows.
    I think Carriker would be much better served finding a position and sticking there rather than becoming a jack of all trades but a master of none.

  7. #7
    Rambos's Avatar
    Rambos is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Cali
    Age
    50
    Posts
    9,574
    Rep Power
    75

    Re: Would this work for you?

    But as we saw last season, Carriker can shift along the line on given plays depending on what the offense shows.
    I agree with Nick, I would like tpp see AC add weight and play NT only.

    Ok nick...

    DE Little
    NT Ryan
    UT AC
    DE Gholston

    Add WR in second, I would not like this...I would still take J Long and Lawrence Jackson in the second.

  8. #8
    AvengerRam's Avatar
    AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Longwood, Florida, United States
    Age
    46
    Posts
    19,050
    Rep Power
    172

    Re: Would this work for you?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    DE Little
    NT AC
    UT Dorsey
    DE Lawrence Jackson

    Would this work for you?
    Not so much. First, while I think AC can play NT, I don't think that's his best position. Second, if the Rams go DT, DE in the first two rounds, that means they will have to put off drafting a WR or an OL until Round 4, which I don't think is the best strategy.

    Frankly, if the Rams are going to take Dorsey in Round 1, I think I'd go WR in Round 2, OL in Round 3, and hope that we can get a pure situational pass rusher in Round 4 (maybe Bruce Davis).

  9. #9
    Fortuninerhater's Avatar
    Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    L.A., Ca.
    Posts
    2,712
    Rep Power
    38

    Re: Would this work for you?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    I agree with Nick, I would like tpp see AC add weight and play NT only.

    Ok nick...

    DE Little
    NT Ryan
    UT AC
    DE Gholston

    Add WR in second, I would not like this...I would still take J Long and Lawrence Jackson in the second.

    Assuming Little regains his quickness off the edge, pairing him with Gholston would give us the quickest pair of ends in the league and almost certainly solve our pass rush issues. At the same time it allows the question of Carriker back outside to be put to rest. Then James Hardy in the second, I for one would be ecstatic.
    Last edited by Fortuninerhater; -04-02-2008 at 09:18 PM.

  10. #10
    Mooselini Guest

    Re: Would this work for you?

    IF you replaced Jackson with Groves, then I wouldnt complain too much. The only reason I disagree is that we're taking two DL in the first two rounds when we have plenty of other needs on the field.

    But I for one still think we should take a DE in the first round.

    DE Long (or Gholston)
    DT Ryan
    DT Carriker
    DE Little

  11. #11
    Nick's Avatar
    Nick is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Morgantown, WV
    Age
    32
    Posts
    19,875
    Rep Power
    154

    Re: Would this work for you?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mooselini View Post
    IF you replaced Jackson with Groves, then I wouldnt complain too much.
    Problem is, Groves has been looking more and more like a late first rounder since the combine. To be honest, I've seen some project him as high as the top ten, though I think that's a stretch. Still, seeing him selected by Washington, Tennessee, Jacksonville, San Francisco, or even Miami at the top of round two if they pass on an OLB in round one wouldn't surprise me.

  12. #12
    Rambos's Avatar
    Rambos is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Cali
    Age
    50
    Posts
    9,574
    Rep Power
    75

    Re: Would this work for you?

    Lets just say Scott Wright is right.

    DE Little
    NT Ryan
    UT AC
    DE Long

    Add: Second Round WR Mario Manningham in the second.

    Third Round I would add Cliff Avril OLB

  13. #13
    Mooselini Guest

    Re: Would this work for you?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    Lets just say Scott Wright is right.

    DE Little
    NT Ryan
    UT AC
    DE Long

    Add: Second Round WR Mario Manningham in the second.

    Third Round I would add Cliff Avril OLB
    Instead of Avril, we could get the best OL available too.

    But I really like that DL right there. Seems deadly. :l

  14. #14
    RANDYRAM Guest

    Re: Would this work for you?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Eh, hard to say. Dorsey is still not my preferred top option with the second overall pick, but if the Rams draft him, I'd rather see Carriker play at nose tackle rather than outside at defensive end. So in that sense, it works.

    The problem is I think there will be wide receivers of better value than Lawrence Jackson available at the top of the second round. Do you pass on one of them to take a player of lower grade in Jackson so that you can address the need you chose not to address a round earlier? Not sure that's a sound draft strategy.

    Unless a guy like Merling, Groves, or Campbell slips to us in round two, I'm not sure I like the value of a DE at that spot right now. I think the value at WR will be better. If the Rams go Dorsey and then best WR available, that means putting off DE to at least the third round. And I'm not incredibly impressed by the mid-round talent at that position, which again may be this team's most significant need.



    I think Carriker would be much better served finding a position and sticking there rather than becoming a jack of all trades but a master of none.

    The first problem I think to many are putting WR WAY TO HIGH
    on the priority list! We have 8 wide outs on the roster already!

    The rams got there DTs last year now we need some speed rushers
    if we went V Golston in 1 and Q Groves in 2 that would be great!!

    We saw what a good pass rush can do to even the best passers
    in the league. If they don't have time to throw they don't look so good!!
    That makes are DBs look great!

    The best WRs in the league are useless if the QB dose not have time to
    throw!!

    I think we need a RB that has some speed 4 a change of pace RB!
    We have NO RB with SPEED! Let SJ pound them! Then hit the speed
    HE COULD GO ALL THE WAY!! LOL!!

  15. #15
    txramsfan's Avatar
    txramsfan is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Poplar Bluff, MO
    Age
    51
    Posts
    7,266
    Rep Power
    65

    Re: Would this work for you?

    Randy, we have no WR on our roster right now that is a deep threat. In Al Saunders system you need at least one and we have none. Zero. Zilch. Nada.

    Holt's knees will not allow him to play much longer. I personally would hate to see our WR corp made up of Bennett, Hagans, Caldwell, and whoever. I'd just load at least 8 in the box and stop Jackson.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. J. Thomas Live, 12-27
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: -12-28-2007, 11:46 AM
  2. First-round pick shows work ethic
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -06-11-2006, 08:37 PM
  3. All work, no play for Palmer
    By RamsFan16 in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: -06-07-2006, 02:09 PM
  4. The Renovation (Warning: Pictures)
    By RamsFan16 in forum LOUNGE
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: -04-04-2006, 05:29 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: -12-17-2005, 11:08 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •