View Poll Results: Would you trade (in this hypothetical) a 2nd for Andre Johnson?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

7 50.00%
  • No

7 50.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Would YOU Approve of this?

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP
    The fact that he's signed through 2016 is inconsequential to me, because I feel something will have to be done about his deal in 2015 when his salary jumps. I'll be very surprised if the Texans or another team keep him under the current terms of his contract, which then begs the question of how long and for how much you extend a player of his age. That's assuming one could even agree on trade compensation.

ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

RebelYell is offline Registered User

Re: Would YOU Approve of this?

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Waller View Post
    Not enough for a 1200 point drop on the draft trade chart, and this one, if it is Clowney or Bridgewater, should get MORE than that.
    JMO but with the lower salary cap hit to top draft picks, moving from #2 to #8 is worth more than 1,200 points.

Vinnie25 is offline Registered User

If the Rams were able to trade down to secure an extra 2nd round pick I'd do this trade in a heartbeat. Even though he's played injured and has had some of the worse QB play in the league thus far, he's still put up Pro Bowl numbers with 95 catches and almost 1300 yards receiving. Not only would he give Sam the bonafide star receiver he (and everyone on this forum) has always wanted, he'd also help mentor all the young, talented WR's already on our roster. Just imagine the progress that Brian Quick and Chris Givens could make with AJ showing them the ropes, plus he can teach them a thing or two about being successful off the field. Sure he's 32, but much like Anquan Boldin and his former college teammate Reggie Wayne, his game isn't necessarily built on speed but on precise route running and using his big body to make the tough catch. With all the big, physical CB's in the NFC West, what the Rams need is a big, physical WR to match up against them, and Andre Johnson gives them just that.
    sosa39rams and Haste like this.

general counsel is offline Registered User

A stud #1 wide receiver would be great. Would you trade the #2 overall pick for julio jones? Falcons have roddy white and could draft matthews and potentially clowney as well, addressing two monster needs.

Ramming speed to all

general counsel
    sosa39rams likes this.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    A stud #1 wide receiver would be great. Would you trade the #2 overall pick for julio jones? Falcons have roddy white and could draft matthews and potentially clowney as well, addressing two monster needs.

Ramming speed to all

general counsel
    I would trade the #2 overall pick for Julio Jones. With that being said, I doubt they would ever trade him.

THE DREAM TEAM

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12