general counsel is online now Registered User

Would you take Carlos Dunlap with out #2 pick

Sneaking suspicion (and of course i could be way off) that dunlap will slip due to character issues. Would you take Dunlap with the #33 if he is on the board? I know it depends on what else is on the board, but that factor aside, would people be willing to take the risk for the upside?

Ramming speed to all

general counsel

Nick_Weasel is offline Registered User

Re: Would you take Carlos Dunlap with out #2 pick

Yes, with the qualification that you stated that it would depend on what was on the board. I would definitely have to take a long, hard look at him though

shower beers is online now Registered User

Well, if we take a DT in the first round, then it seems like we'd be committing too many resources to one area by selecting a second defensive lineman. But if we were strictly drafting BPA, then he might be seriously considered.

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

I'd have serious misgivings. In addition to his off-the-field issues, his productivity on the field was not stellar. He had 2 or fewer tackles in 7 games this year. Given his physical tools, I'd expect more.

Ramzee is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by shower beers View Post
    Well, if we take a DT in the first round, then it seems like we'd be committing too many resources to one area by selecting a second defensive lineman. But if we were strictly drafting BPA, then he might be seriously considered.
    Hardly. The Rams have both a need for an interior disruptive defensive tackle, a NT too and a pass rushing DE to replace LL and take some of the pressure off of Chris Long at the other DE spot. It would not be committing too many resources to one area of the team, even with all the other holes we have on this team.

As for Dunlap. No I wouldn't take him, he's a knucklehead. Much rather have Everson Griffen or Brandon Graham, both of which may not be there, like Dunlap anyways.

Bald_81 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ramzee View Post
    As for Dunlap. No I wouldn't take him, he's a knucklehead. Much rather have Everson Griffen or Brandon Graham, both of which may not be there, like Dunlap anyways.
    Nice to see you on here. And you know I have to ask, but why do you think Dunlap is a knucklehead? I agree with you and I don't want him with #33 either, but what lead you to your opinion that he's a knucklehead?

Bralidore(RAMMODE) is offline Registered User

I wouldnt take Dunlap in the third, let alone the second. Yes yes he has all the physical tools, but so did Gholston and countless others. While gholston's problem isn't discipline and lack of effort, you get my point. A person's desire to play the game, willingness to work hard, and football iq are more valuable to me then raw physical tools because it takes a mind dedicated to the craft to......craft the body for Football.

Dunlap is one of those guys who infuriate me because he has the body and size Ive always wanted (im 5'9 200 lbs with 15% body fat...). I had the ability and dedication, just not the size. Guys that waste potential like that make me mad. If he hasn't changed i hope he slips all the way to the fourth...

Ramzee is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Bald_81 View Post
    Nice to see you on here. And you know I have to ask, but why do you think Dunlap is a knucklehead? I agree with you and I don't want him with #33 either, but what lead you to your opinion that he's a knucklehead?
    Thanks. Nice to see you too.

The whole DUI thing. Not just in having a DUI but how it all went down. Then there is the concerns about his work ethic that are coming out of Florida. Makes you wonder about the guy's head and where it's at. He's very physically gifted, just wish the mentality matched up with his physical tools. Stuff like that ahs to be frustrating for evaluators.