Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    jackson3909 is offline Registered User

Re: Would you take Dez Bryant in the 1st?

i would say we yes take him beacuse we need a playmaker that can keep the defense from putting 8 men in the box. the problem here is not about him having possible charcter problems is that he has bascially missed a whole year of football. another problem is who will be throwing him the football next year? this freak athlete is a great athlete but he may not be worth a top 5 pick beacuse that is where we will probly be. also we might have bigger needs a QB or a DT at that point. if gibson and avery conitune to impress then WR isnt that big of a need and we should look for a DT first

shower beers is offline Registered User

Re: Would you take Dez Bryant in the 1st?

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Well... we can, of course, agree to disagree.

In my view, Spiller would not be drafted merely as a #2 RB. He can play some WR, and would be a HUGE threat returning kicks and punts. I think he can do a lot of what Percy Harvin is doing in Minnesota, in addition to being a major threat as a situational RB.

This is an interesting thought that I hoped would be brought up. I like the idea, but I'm not sold on the fact that we would get as much value out of him in that way as we should. I haven't been able to watch all of the games this year, but I haven't really seen a whole lot of this type of offense from our team yet. Of course, we could modify our style to accommodate this, but I digress.

Going back to kick/punt returns, I can only think of the hit on Amendola, and wonder how our new top-ten investment would be worth risking in those situations.

It's an interesting thought, and I would really like the idea more if we were in better roster shape, overall. But it's obvious that we have too many other, more glaring needs to make a luxury pick like this.

Oh, and as far as Bryant goes, I think we have to pass on him. Everyone's high on Berry here, but let's not forget Taylor Mays. A nice, complementary big hitter to go along with the ball hawk Atogwe would be fun to think about, if we indeed win a few more games and fall to the 7-12 slot.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123