View Poll Results: Select 2: Take the draft pick or resign Cogs and Adeyanju?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cogs - Take a mid 3rd Round Pick

29 87.88%
  • Cogs - Resign

5 15.15%
  • Adeyanju - Take a mid 4th Round Pick

9 27.27%
  • Adeyanju - Resign

22 66.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    RamsSB99 is offline Registered User

Would you take a mid 3rd for Cogs or mid 4th for Adeyanju?

We tendered both Cogs and Adeyanju and get a 3rd for Cogs and 4th for Adeyanju if they sign with another team. I just wanted to see how many would rather have the picks.

IMO we will probably get a C and and OT between free agency and the draft. Greco and Bell would be decent guards and hopefully we can resign Setterstrom to a lesser contract and maybe an older vet as a backup. I would be very tempted to take the third round pick for Cogs. I am about 50/50 on the 4th for Adeyanju. I dont think he will ever become the starter but he is a solid player and good against the run. He just is not a pass rushing threat. I think we could find a capable older replacement for what he provides via free agency. I know some will say older replacements why when we want to get younger? Well the two draft picks would make up for the youth we would give up and the older players would be counted on for backup roles anyway.
    Last edited by RamsSB99; -02-26-2009 at 10:14 PM.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Re: Would you take a mid 3rd for Cogs or mid 4th for Adeyanju?

I'd take a 3rd for Incognito....not sure about Adeyanu

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post
    I'd take a 3rd for Incognito....not sure about Adeyanu
    I think I'm with tx on this one. You give me a mid 3rd for Cogs? Deal. You give me a mid 4th for Vic? Umm, I don't know about that one. I'm probably gonna sign him myself for that.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Shan the Ram Man is offline Registered User

I think Greco could step right in for Cogs and possibly do better without all the nagging penalties. The mid 3rd rounder could be used on a C,SS,MLB,DT,DE or OT.
    The Rams need so much help. Both players are not even great. I know cogs is a starter but greco could start in his place. DE is a weak spot on the Rams roster Adeyanju and E. Moore have really done nothing to show they can start and be a premier DE in this league. Take the picks and you never know you can find the next Jack Youngblood or Grant Winstrom. It would almost be hard to do worse than E. Moore on Rams Roster for 4 years as Backup.

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

I don't think any team is going to tender a third for a player labeled among the league's "dirtiest". Instant bad blood in the locker room, if you ask me.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

I'd take the pick for Cogs, but I'd be inclined to resign Adeyanju.

shower beers is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I'd take the pick for Cogs, but I'd be inclined to resign Adeyanju.

Agreed. That seems to be the majority opinion here. Next topic:

Don't you hate pants?!

tonyray05 is offline Registered User

Cogs is bad news too bad we can't send him to Europe or the arena league, maybe he wouldn't take the Rams, and ther fans for granted.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

I can go either way on Cogs... when he's on his game he was playing like our best lineman last year. Too bad he's almost never on his game because his head is messed up. I voted for both, but I'd probably take the pick the more i think about it.

As for Adeyanju? Absolutely resign him. He'd been a run stuffer for two years and then last year turned it on to find a pass rusher inside of him. I think he's starting to become a real solid player, and yes, maybe not a starter, but definitely a 3rd DE in our rotation, and maybe even a 3rd and long DT a la the Giants?

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Although COGS is a misfit of sorts. I think he's a player and a good one at that. He got a little taste of discipline from Haslett. I'd like to see Spags and his new coaching staff have at least 1 season with COGS. Now if the pick was a high 3rd rounder I would probably do it.

Adeyanju I would hang onto for the same reasons as COGS. There's a new sheriff in town and I would like to see if Adeyanju shows improvement under that new leader.

Warner4prez is offline Registered User

I love Ritchie man, but if that 3rd round pick means a 6'6'' WR, that'd be something else. And Victor isn't quite what I'm looking for at DE, I'm hoping for more of a replacement for old Leonard Little, not really going to find him with a 4th round pick, but extra picks never hurt anyone right?

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

Victor i would definately keep...he showed last season that he does actually have pass rushing skills in him and against the run..he really is something special as DE`s go in that part of the game...he`s worth more than a 4th IMHO.

Cogs i dunno its not so easy a decision..i think all lineman (both O & D) need his nasty demeanour but he does over step the line from time to time and sometimes when he dont,he`s a bit of a marked man in the NFL so even bordeline offenses he`s gonna get penalised for.
    Greco looked in the whole a good young player when he got his chance and i believe when giving a proper chance Roy Schuening could play to his level but without the silly penalties so im inclined to say..with the depth of talent at our positions of need in the draft,let Cogs go for a 3rd and pick up someone to fill one of those starting spots or someone to put into the D-line rotation,especially at DT...perhaps a Ziggy Hood..he reminds me a lot of Fred Robbins,not great at any particular part of his game but solid at every aspect.

Rambos is offline Registered User

I would take picks for both and let Billy do his thing.

MikeB1603 is offline Registered User

As far as Richie goes, he is in his last year and if he doesn't prove to be a great guard this year then he is gone. If he proves to be a good player worth keeping he will demand too much money for us to put into another O-Lineman after signing Bell, Brown, and whatever OT/s we end up drafting or picking up in this offseason and next. I believe our guards behind Incognito are able to fill the hole he would leave if he was gone and am more than happy to take a 3rd round pick.