View Poll Results: Would you trade 1st pick to the Browns for?

Voters
106. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes: 2010 7th pick, 2nd rd pick & 2011 1st round pick.

66 62.26%
  • NO:

40 37.74%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shan the Ram Man is offline Registered User

Would you trade 1st pick to Browns?

Would you trade the 1st pick to browns for?

Rams have the first overall pick.(draft value chart) 3000 points.

Browns 7th pick (dvc)1500 points , 2nd round 6th pick (dvc)520 and 1st round pick in 2011.

sakl18 is offline Registered User

Re: Would you trade 1st pick to Browns?

First off, are the Browns interested in trading up? Obviously, that is a huge part of it. I'm assuming in the Browns trading up that they would take Bradford, so that would probably leave us with Clausen at no. 7. I don't think that Clausen has a ceiling as high as Bradford's, but I think that he will go on to be a franchise QB (but not in the "elite" tier like Brady or Manning). I really like the idea of getting another high second rounder, as that would basically mean that we have three first round draft picks as this years draft is so deep. I think that we would also be able to get a little more, maybe swapping our 5.24 for their 5.03. If that was the case, I think that we should do it as we have so many holes to fill and this trade would benefit the Rams.

rams_man13 is offline Registered User

For the right price, absolutely.

I'd rather have 3 chances at a stud than 1.

Not to mention, if we have 2 high first rounders next year, we could pick up a QB and WR from the two very deep classes next year and focus on defense this year.

turbofargo is offline Registered User

I agree with Shan. Plenty of D n this draft to shore that up and use the drafts two pics on Lockler, or someone similar and a great compliment WR.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

I'd like more, but if that's the deal that we can get, I'll take it. We miss out on one of the top three, but we gain a lot of flexibility. We can go after a top DE, go after Dez Bryant, go after one of the top secondary players. Also, with the trade of Brandon Marshall to Miami, the Broncos could be in the market for Dez Bryant, and if we make noise about him, we could even get a second trade down!
    I believe!

shower beers is offline Registered User

We'd miss out on the big three obviously, which would be tough for me to overcome. We'd have to make sure the Seahawks have no interest in Clausen. It may not be much interest, but Carroll has made it public that he intends to bring in competition at every position, like he had at USC. Personally I think the Clausen anti-hype(?) is blown way out of proportion, and he is going to be fine in the NFL. Todd McShay is a tool and has absolutely no idea what he is talking about, but somehow his opinions are still sticking around the internet.

However, I still selected no. Grab your franchise cornerstone in the first, then experiment with trading picks with the lucrative second round pick, which actually might be more coveted if you think about it. More teams will be enticed to trade up and grab the inevitable first round talent that somehow slipped through the cracks. It's bound to happen, because there is just too much talent in this years class, and the payment for the pick would be significantly less than the price for the first overall pick in the draft.

general counsel is online now Registered User

i would make that deal in a second. We need way too much help, the browns are going to be lousy again, and the economics are very compelling. I couldnt care less if the seahawks take clausen. The rams have more leaks than the titanic after it hit the iceberg and we need to worry about getting our own personnel in order, rather than worrying about what other teams do or dont do.

By the way, if you really wanted to look at that deal apples to apples, you probably have money left over to buy a decent free agent or resign one of your own guys, if not two. The only way that wouldnt be the case in my view would be if the browns 2011 pick turned out to be a very very top pick, in which case you would be way ahead anyway.

ramming speed to alll

general counsel

dave626 is offline Registered User
    Blog Entries

I think Bradford is our guy and IF the Browns want him they should pay more than what you offered. Id say one of their 3rds as well.
    If that happened, I think you could certainly make a case for shoring up the defense this year, not with Suh or Mccoy obviously, but drastic improvements can be made none the less.

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

i`d take that trade in a heartbeat.
    would love to have either one of Bradford or Suh...but for those picks AND a 1st next year..too much to turn down if offered.
    only trouble is i dont see anything more than a 1st and 2nd this year being offered...is not like Cleveland just need a QB.

KCRamFan is offline Registered User

While I would probaby take that trade, I just don't see how the Browns can offer all that. They aren't a great team and they could use those picks to fill a lot of holes they have as well. That is a lot to give up for one player.

Nick_Weasel is offline Registered User

I voted yes because Cleveland's pick next year should be top 10 and could be top 5.

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by shower beers View Post
    However, I still selected no. Grab your franchise cornerstone in the first, then experiment with trading picks with the lucrative second round pick, which actually might be more coveted if you think about it. More teams will be enticed to trade up and grab the inevitable first round talent that somehow slipped through the cracks. It's bound to happen, because there is just too much talent in this years class, and the payment for the pick would be significantly less than the price for the first overall pick in the draft.
    If only it were that easy .. grabbing a cornerstone that is .. I really have doubts about Sam being worthy of the #1 overall selection. I do agree that the Rams phone will be ringing off the hook when they're on the clock with the first pick in rd 2. This will likely be our best opportunity to acquire some extra picks, while still obtaining excellent value with our own selections.

harrydog is offline Registered User

Yes, because I'm not 100% sold on Bradford as being all that some people are expecting him to be. I think in the long run a trade like this would benefit the team.
    With the extra 2nd rounder we'd have a better chance of trading down again after the first round or even trading back into the 1st round again with our 2nd pick if there was someone there who we were in love with and thought would be gone by #33.
    And we'd have plenty of options for next year as well.
    I can't see it happening though.

Ram Mar Ram is offline Registered User

Browns would not make this deal ... i'd bet my imaginary house on it.

tomahawk247 is online now Registered User

I know that a future first round pick would be good, but to be honest i would prefer more picks in this draft because its quite a deep draft.

Or a player, but i cant think of any Brown's players i would want in a trade except maybe Jerome Harrison or the young NT that replaced Shaun Rodgers at the end of the year

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast