Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 31
  1. #16
    richtree's Avatar
    richtree is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    2,144
    Rep Power
    17

    Re: Would you trade?

    They wouldn't want Avery because of his injury history and he is a free-agent after this season.

    I hate to say this but we should trade Danny Amendola this year, if anyone, because he is nothing more than a slot guy and his value is at his highest now. I don't know if anyone would want him but that is an option if we can sign a WR in free agency.


  2. #17
    eldfan's Avatar
    eldfan is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Greenville N.C.
    Age
    49
    Posts
    1,657
    Rep Power
    25

    Re: Would you trade?

    No the price is to high I would rather get a F.A. Vincent Jackson or another big time receiver, If we have to get a rookie take the BPA.
    :ramlogo:

  3. #18
    Shan the Ram Man's Avatar
    Shan the Ram Man is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    California
    Age
    46
    Posts
    621
    Rep Power
    11

    Re: Would you trade?

    NO WAY!

    What if he turns out to be a dud. Gave away to much.
    I would rather Rams trade down and draft 2 WR's. The draft is Heavy with WR talent this year.

  4. #19
    Azul e Oro is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    CALIFORNIA
    Posts
    2,421
    Rep Power
    72

    Re: Would you trade?

    I think you're seriously close to Ditka Disaster/Ricky Williams territory with that deal. The Rams CANNOT stop drafting well & mortgaging future drafts on one guy seems counter-intuitive,imo; they haven't even filled the holes left by the great draft drought of the last decade, never mind getting successors to groom at a variety of spots. The Rams offense is not one super-rookie WR( and Green would have to be OROY to come close to justifying that compensation,imo) away from dominance. Not with an impending lockout, new OC/scheme/doubts on the OL ,at TE,etc. I disagree strongly that The Rams would be "wasting' anything by continuing to build the team in the same way that got them to this point.

    And if Berg's right about Avery & Jones solidifying The Browns WR corps, why wouldn't that also be true of The Rams ?

    I could see The Rams trading any of the WRs or even one top pick but more likely for a great FA, not first round picks plus a player for an unknown quantity. Which one depends on what quality you think McD will be looking for in a WR; is it Dx's size ? Or Clayton's route running & chemistry with Sam ( assuming he's re-signed)? Or Avery's speed? Tough call,imo.
    Last edited by Azul e Oro; -02-07-2011 at 03:04 AM.

  5. #20
    The Optimistic Lamb's Avatar
    The Optimistic Lamb is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    351
    Rep Power
    5

    Re: Would you trade?

    what could an elite QB like bradford do with an elite WR equal to himself? we can only imagine until we get one. i dnt wanna be one of those teams that thinks just because we have an elite QB means we can make do with a mediocre wr corps. its like owning a Ferrari, but only driving it 55 mph.

  6. #21
    old school fan is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    VIRGINIA
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Would you trade?

    if this trade gives up too much,what would be considered fair to move up to #6

  7. #22
    SJacks039's Avatar
    SJacks039 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    ILLinios
    Posts
    187
    Rep Power
    7

    Re: Would you trade?

    That is just a terrible idea when Julio is right behind him or right with him (talent wise) and could drop to us. If anything we would end up trading to a team after the browns if they took Green.

    Fair? fairness is up to the people trading. I mean your points for picks might add up alright( dont have a chart in front of me) and donnie wouldnt be that big of a deal to get rid of(compare him to the three guys the jets gave up in the deal to move up) actually the browns would probably want a 2nd instead of a 3rd. The problem with this deal is that Jones and Green are not very far apart talent wise(if at all). IMO Jones is better. And i'm not sure, but there are probably other people who think he's better as well. Why would you trade up 8 spots for the first reciever when he is barely(if at all) better than the 2nd reciever(who could very well drop to us)? Your giving up too much in that certain case. Now if you;re looking at a position of need and the guy is clearly better than the next few guys you want then yea by all means move up.


    Not to mention that the last few years the 1st round recievers keep falling further than people expect them to. Somethin to watch.

  8. #23
    39WillRunYaOva's Avatar
    39WillRunYaOva is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    538
    Rep Power
    8

    Re: Would you trade?

    I want Green badly but thats just to much to give up.Ill do our first and maybe Avery but thats it if you ask me.

  9. #24
    Holt Your Horses's Avatar
    Holt Your Horses is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Ontario
    Age
    27
    Posts
    125
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Would you trade?

    Give me AJ or Julio.. i dont think the drop off in potential is as big as everyone thinks. Its happened so many times that some college players are just better pros than college ballers. To give away ANY of the rams picks at this point i think is risky.. we get to this point through drafting and subtle FA moves and now we can smell the playoffs suddenly we should drop that strategy? stay the course young Rams and get better through the draft and unwanted character players from other teams.

    Oh.. and Draft JJ.
    Defence Wins Championships

  10. #25
    sosa39rams's Avatar
    sosa39rams is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, On
    Posts
    5,535
    Rep Power
    45

    Re: Would you trade?

    Quote Originally Posted by SJacks039 View Post
    That is just a terrible idea when Julio is right behind him or right with him (talent wise) and could drop to us. If anything we would end up trading to a team after the browns if they took Green.

    Fair? fairness is up to the people trading. I mean your points for picks might add up alright( dont have a chart in front of me) and donnie wouldnt be that big of a deal to get rid of(compare him to the three guys the jets gave up in the deal to move up) actually the browns would probably want a 2nd instead of a 3rd. The problem with this deal is that Jones and Green are not very far apart talent wise(if at all). IMO Jones is better. And i'm not sure, but there are probably other people who think he's better as well. Why would you trade up 8 spots for the first reciever when he is barely(if at all) better than the 2nd reciever(who could very well drop to us)? Your giving up too much in that certain case. Now if you;re looking at a position of need and the guy is clearly better than the next few guys you want then yea by all means move up.


    Not to mention that the last few years the 1st round recievers keep falling further than people expect them to. Somethin to watch.
    Not true. A.J Green is the best WR prospect since Calvin Johnson Jr and Johnson was the best since Randy Moss. That makes him the 2nd best WR in the last ten years+. Julio is nothing more than a good prospect. A.J Green is the perfect WR. He is fast, best hands in the nation, great route running, catches absolutely everything, tall (6'4), willing blocker, smart, very quick, unbelievable vertical, makes spectacular catches in between 2 or 3 defenders, in other words, goes up and gets the ball, makes plays in space and the intangibles are through the roof.

    Jones on the other hand is very strong, tall (6'4 too), smart, fast, makes plays in open field, great blocker, and has amazing intangibles. Really, Jones just catches a 3 yard screen and makes a nice play. He looks more like a possession receiver. I really haven't seen him run many routes.

    I'd be happy with either. I know we won't trade up for Green, so Jones is a nice consolation prize. Don't you dare tell me that there isn't much in between them though. Remember, Justin Blackmon was mocked to go ahead of Julio too.. Green is the perfect receiver. Bradford to Green would be something special. Not saying Bradford to Jones won't be, but a much less chance.

  11. #26
    SJacks039's Avatar
    SJacks039 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    ILLinios
    Posts
    187
    Rep Power
    7

    Re: Would you trade?

    You're entitled to your opinion, but nobody is perfect except maybe calvin. and just because he is the next best wr PROSPECT, doesn't mean he is automatically the second best reciever in the nfl. You seem to weigh a lot on ur mocks there bud. Did you actually watch these players or did u just get ur info from mocks?

    I guess u didnt watch julio burn the same corners that green was burning. Julio can do just about everything ur sayin green can do except he is stronger, so why isnt he a perfect prospect? He ran good routes, and he was awesome at screens . Maybe his catching was a little inconsistent, but he had a broke ass hand. And I have seen him go up to fight for a lot of balls in his career. Makes spectacular catches just as good as ive seen from green. Both guys are exactly what we need.



    I'm not saying i'm for sure julio is better because obviously i dont know that( of course you are 100 percent green is the 2nd best wr already). Not the point. My point is that either one of these guys will be a top notch impact player in this league with bradford throwing to them. So why waste picks trying to move up for one when there are still two left on the board(according to this scenario).
    Last edited by SJacks039; -02-08-2011 at 09:35 PM.

  12. #27
    sosa39rams's Avatar
    sosa39rams is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, On
    Posts
    5,535
    Rep Power
    45

    Re: Would you trade?

    Quote Originally Posted by SJacks039 View Post
    You're entitled to your opinion, but nobody is perfect except maybe calvin. and just because he is the next best wr PROSPECT, doesn't mean he is automatically the second best reciever in the nfl. You seem to weigh a lot on ur mocks there bud. Did you actually watch these players or did u just get ur info from mocks?

    I guess u didnt watch julio burn the same corners that green was burning. Julio can do just about everything ur sayin green can do except he is stronger, so why isnt he a perfect prospect? He ran good routes, and he was awesome at screens . Maybe his catching was a little inconsistent, but he had a broke ass hand. And I have seen him go up to fight for a lot of balls in his career. Makes spectacular catches just as good as ive seen from green. Both guys are exactly what we need.



    I'm not saying i'm for sure julio is better because obviously i dont know that( of course you are 100 percent green is the 2nd best wr already). Not the point. My point is that either one of these guys will be a top notch impact player in this league with bradford throwing to them. So why waste picks trying to move up for one when there are still two left on the board(according to this scenario).
    Nowhere did I say that just because he is the 2nd best ranked WR in a long time that it makes him 2nd best in the NFL automatically or whatever you're trying to prove. Thats you providing false information. Anyways, your entitled to your own opinion. Go take Jones, I'd take Green and be much happier. Julio Jones isn't even a deep threat and doesn't run many deep routes. He basically catches it after 5-10 yards and makes some yards. On the other hand Green goes down field and catches it for 25.

    Why do you think Blackmon was ranked ahead of Jones too? And he has had some off the field problems. I'm not trying to downplay Jones, just there is a clear gap in between him and Green.

    I guess we will have to wait until next year. This is similar to comparing Suh vs. McCoy. Both are good talents but we all know who the clear better one is.

  13. #28
    BigGameTH is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    97
    Rep Power
    8

    Re: Would you trade?

    Shurmur said that he wants to address the O-line for the Browns. How would you all feel about trading a guy like Jacob Bell as a part towards moving up? I realize it creates another Guard hole, but we could draft 2 or even 3 guards and let the best man play LG like we did with our Tackles. If problems happen, we still have Goldberg. We'd have the youngest offense across the board and pick up an elite WR in the process.

    What worries me about Jones is the drops combined with Bradford's fastball. If Jones had drop problems with a guy like McElroy throwing, those are probably going up with a guy like Bradford. Just my thoughts.

  14. #29
    SJacks039's Avatar
    SJacks039 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    ILLinios
    Posts
    187
    Rep Power
    7

    Re: Would you trade?

    Alabama has had a lot of weapons that get the ball since julio has been there and green is basically the lone playmaker over there. If you look at the stats, they are very similar with julio having more yards and catches. (Thought that was wierd that he still had more catches) So julio was catching 5-10 yard passes the whole time(according to you) and still had more yards than green. whats that say about Julio.? I'm also pretty sure he did a lot more than just 5-10 yard routes the whole time. He's also very good at endarounds and jumping up to grab balls over corners.

    I guess that means there is a clear gap between them just because most rankings had blackmon in front of jones? Personally (and I hope you dont freak out) I like blackmon more than green. But I think all three are awesome. I could very well have that completly backwards, and you can scowl me if I'm wrong.I just dont see or agree with this gap ur talking about. But it really doesn't matter because they will both be playmakers in the nfl. And we better get one.


    What worries me about Jones is the drops combined with Bradford's fastball. If Jones had drop problems with a guy like McElroy throwing, those are probably going up with a guy like Bradford. Just my thoughts.
    He broke his hand early in the season and didn't tell anyone until after a game or two. Then played in every game still. But yea i could see why you're worried. And it is really the only thing to worry about because as long as this kid can get the ball in his hands, he will make things happen.
    Last edited by SJacks039; -02-09-2011 at 08:25 PM.

  15. #30
    sosa39rams's Avatar
    sosa39rams is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, On
    Posts
    5,535
    Rep Power
    45

    Re: Would you trade?

    Quote Originally Posted by SJacks039 View Post
    Alabama has had a lot of weapons that get the ball since julio has been there and green is basically the lone playmaker over there. If you look at the stats, they are very similar with julio having more yards and catches. (Thought that was wierd that he still had more catches) So julio was catching 5-10 yard passes the whole time(according to you) and still had more yards than green. whats that say about Julio.? I'm also pretty sure he did a lot more than just 5-10 yard routes the whole time. He's also very good at endarounds and jumping up to grab balls over corners.

    I guess that means there is a clear gap between them just because most rankings had blackmon in front of jones? Personally (and I hope you dont freak out) I like blackmon more than green. But I think all three are awesome. I could very well have that completly backwards, and you can scowl me if I'm wrong.I just dont see or agree with this gap ur talking about. But it really doesn't matter because they will both be playmakers in the nfl. And we better get one.




    He broke his hand early in the season and didn't tell anyone until after a game or two. Then played in every game still. But yea i could see why you're worried. And it is really the only thing to worry about because as long as this kid can get the ball in his hands, he will make things happen.
    Fair enough, you are entitled to your own opinion. I do agree with you're point about how both of these guys will be playmakers in the NFL just not that we get the better one unless were getting Green.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 50
    Last Post: -07-26-2009, 06:50 PM
  2. Trade up not down?
    By QRAM24 in forum DRAFT & FA
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: -04-08-2009, 10:40 AM
  3. Little to be trade?
    By 39thebeast in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: -10-03-2008, 12:19 PM
  4. Trade down and .....
    By raleigh_ram in forum DRAFT & FA
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: -04-07-2006, 02:32 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: -04-23-2005, 03:24 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •