Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Would you Trade Down with the Bucs?

Well, the Giants gave up a #4, 3rd rounder, future 1st & future 5th. That would be a starting point.

But I have to admit......#3, #35, and #67 for #1 would be very interesting.

"Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

sdobbers is offline Registered User

As I mentioned in my edited post, I don't see the Bucs giving up their #35...but I could see them willing to deal the #42 pick.

Also, to those who think we could get #3, #35 and #42...not likely in the least. Why would they trade away two picks in the top 10 of round 2 when there will be tons of first round talent left there...just to move up two spots. I could see them parting with one of them, and maybe a late pick or 2011 pick...but not both 2nd rounders.

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sdobbers View Post
    As I mentioned in my edited post, I don't see the Bucs giving up their #35...but I could see them willing to deal the #42 pick.

Also, to those who think we could get #3, #35 and #42...not likely in the least. Why would they trade away two picks in the top 10 of round 2 when there will be tons of first round talent left there...just to move up two spots. I could see them parting with one of them, and maybe a late pick or 2011 pick...but not both 2nd rounders.
    Then "NO SUH FOR THEM"!

1st, 2 2nds, 3rd, and a second next year.... maybe I would do that.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Mob 71 View Post
    Then "NO SUH FOR THEM"!

1st, 2 2nds, 3rd, and a second next year.... maybe I would do that.
    Well I'm glad your not our GM/HC then haha. At least my trade was somewhat realistic.

sntlouisrams is offline Registered User

The Rams would In my view either want Tampa's 1st and both of your 2nds and maybe a later round pick. Whilst tampa think they can trade up for a 1st and a 2nd round pick. But point of matter the rams can get whomever they want. Where as if things dont go to plan tampa could miss out on both top rated DT's and have to settle for Eric Berry (I know settle right rofl) personally if I was the GM for Tampa I wouldnt trade anything worst case scenario both rams and detroit draft dts and you get left with the best saftey in the board and a premier play maker. 2nd option the rams draft Suh and then Detroit take Okung then Tampa gets G.McCoy, 3rd option the Rams stupidly draft a qb first overall and detroit take okung then Tampa gets suh. I am a rams fan but i personally reckon option 2 would happen with the rams getting SUH and Tampa getting McCoy and I would be extatic with that (as I guess the tampa fans wld be, probs more so if they got SUH) But regardless I see tampa in a good situation without trading at all.

Buccaneers is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BucsPirate1 View Post
    Hi Rams fans. Bucs fan here, curious what you would think if your team traded down to #3 overall. There has been some talk here in Tampa, that because of your need at QB the Rams could possibly be willing to trade down for a 2nd rounder (which we have 2 of). What would be your opinion if the Rams traded #1 overall for #3 and #35 overall?

Good luck. Hopefully a resurgence with both teams can bring back the rivalry we had at the turn of the millenium.

Its no use. Rams fans treat Suh like a demigod and won't accept anything less than a kings ransom for the #1 overall pick, as if one defensive tackle will end their woes (even though picking linemen with their 1st rounder has gotten them nowhere in the past). I would rather we take the "next best safety since Ed Reed" than "the "next best defensive tackle since Sapp" and keep our later picks. We certainly can't afford to invest too many picks in one player, we have too many holes in our team.

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Right now, the answer would be no.

However, if Bradford or Clausen impress the Rams in their workouts/interviews to such an extent that they'd consider taking either at No. 1, then I'd certainly consider a trade down to #3, as there is no chance that either Tampa or Detroit will take a QB with the first pick in the draft having just drafted QBs in the first round last year (there would still be the danger, though, of a team like the Redskins jumping to #2 to get a QB before the Rams).

BucsPirate1 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Buccaneers View Post
    Its no use. Rams fans treat Suh like a demigod and won't accept anything less than a kings ransom for the #1 overall pick, as if one defensive tackle will end their woes (even though picking linemen with their 1st rounder has gotten them nowhere in the past). I would rather we take the "next best safety since Ed Reed" than "the "next best defensive tackle since Sapp" and keep our later picks. We certainly can't afford to invest too many picks in one player, we have too many holes in our team.
    From the Bucs perspective, I don't know if Berry is the answer. #3 is very high for a safety, we already have a very good safety in T-Jax, and our secondary is a strength on our team with Talib. If the Bucs don't make the move up for Suh, and Suh and McCoy go 1,2, I believe the right pick for the Bucs is Dez Bryant. He is in the same class as Berry, addresses more of a need, and would allow us to focus on defense with our other premium picks.

Sorry to go rambling on about the Bucs needs on a Rams Board. I'm curious what do Rams fans consider their needs? Obviously QB, WR, and DB. I'd have to think a solid safety could really help you guys with your scheme.

Quote Originally Posted by BucsPirate1 View Post
    I'm curious what do Rams fans consider their needs? Obviously QB, WR, and DB. I'd have to think a solid safety could really help you guys with your scheme.
    Assuming we re-sign Atogwe (which we probably will), we're pretty set at safety. Not the best duo, but we have much bigger needs at the moment.

In no particular order:
    1. QB
    2. #1 WR
    3. TE
    4. RT
    5. DE (assuming Little retires)
    6. DT
    7. OLB

Wow I feel like I just field a whole team up there haha.

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Buccaneers View Post
    DEMIGOD? No no my friend, Suh could very well be the fourth part of the trinity

And please don't bring up our past draft busts, it always makes me cry. Besides, if those guys would have panned out, we would not need to be drafting Suh right now would we? I never really saw the logic in "since we drafted this position badly, we should stay away from this new player at that same position". Shouldn't that be opposite?

sosa39rams is online now Registered User

I think we should get Suh. He is a once in a lifetime opportunity, so even if he does fail, we took a shot. I doubt he will fail though. The only way I would give up Suh, is if you could give me Jake Locker and a 2nd round draft pick, and seeing as Locker is playing another year, it will not happen.

#39 Fan is offline Registered User

With the needs we have...

#3, #35, and #67

I take it. This would be huge for a team like ours. We need lots of starter-quality players and difference-makers. It's tough for one guy to be all you have

Also a nice, deep draft for DL
    Last edited by #39 Fan; -01-29-2010 at 01:42 AM.

having said that, I'm firmly in the camp that believes Suh will be an absolute monster at this level

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by #39 Fan View Post
    With the needs we have...

#3, #35, and #67

I take it. This would be huge for a team like ours. We need lots of starter-quality players and difference-makers. It's tough for one guy to be all you have

Also a nice, deep draft for DL
    I totally agree. Insanity to turn down an extra two picks in the meat of the draft to only drop two spots in Rd 1. Suh or whoever in round #1 is going to need a lot of help. Sapp wasn't the end of it for the Bucs in the mid 90s. They wheeled & dealed into extra picks & drafted a buttload of D players over several years who turned out great; Brooks, McFarland,Upshaw, et al, and hit the lottery late rounders,too, like Ronde Barber & Al Harris.

On the other hand, we don't need the new Trent Dilfer,either. No offense intended, Buc visitors. Fortunately..haha... The Rams need quality players at every spot & there would be more than QBs you could look at favorably at #3,imo. I agree that safety probably isn't one of them but the OJ deal is far from done. And probably not RB unless this SJ brouhaha turns into something. My fav positions at #3-way too early to talk names,imo, would be QB first if DeSpags think he's the real deal & can find a reasonable stopgap...then DE, and WR in that order.

You're talking about adding possibly the next Laurinaitis or Shonn Greene with the extra picks.Or a new Bradley Fletcher if Spags already broke the first one Chip bought for him. Baaad Spags....
    Last edited by Azul e Oro; -01-29-2010 at 04:50 AM.

so..... will this be THE year that Detroit gets back to shocking the world with a WR selection>?

...Crazier stuff's happened. See: Davis, Al - any entry

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast